13th Mandarake Big Web Auction (Zenbu 30)

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
sulian
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by sulian »

irmgaard wrote: sulian, methinks you have a friend with a Zenbu! Yes, yes and yes:
Thanks you
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Krafty wrote: but someone has to stand up for this series :P
I'd love to stand up for the series but I just can't :P although the series had some good points :

- probably one of the best lines in anime ever : "you're already dead but you just don't know it yet." (or something like that as I used to see the series in French.)

- the post nuclear image of the oil tanker stuck through the skyscraper will stick with me forever.

The slighty more "badder" points however :

- all bad guys are over 10 feet tall and are lean mean muscle machines. In an era where food and water are scarce, they all seem to have gold member fitness center cards. :D

- okay, i'll buy that. But the (only?) beautiful black horse in the series also happens to be the right size for a 12 feet, 800 lbs guy (Ken's big bro?) to ride it :D

The "evil" points (although I have to admit they have nothing to do with the series itself, they did shape my view about it.)

- This über-violent series, programmed in the wednesday afternoon anime block on French TV (the only real anime source at the time available to me at the time) caused a standstill in anime for over decade as it gave everyone with a grudge against anime tons of reasons to back their ideology about how evil anime is. At this point, I still feel we can sense the impact as the only anime shown over here now are the safe, clean goody goody Pokemon-esque series.

- The other reason is probably the silliest one ever and has to do with translations. When the translators tried to find a good name for Ken's school of martial arts, they looked at the word hokuto in the title and said "Hey, that SOUNDS exactly like the french au couteau meaning "with a knife". The translators must have found themselves in a little problem with the dub synchro and they added the words de cuisine [de quiz-in] meaning "of the kitchen" to the martial arts style.
So throughout the series, everyone who watched this series in french heard the hero introduce himself by saying he is part of the "With A Kitchen Knife School of Martial Arts", and we're all going :puzzled, trying not to laugh.
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
purple-plum
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by purple-plum »

I've been trying to find a start date, does anyone know when it starts?

~kt
yota999
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by yota999 »

wwwpurple-plumcom wrote:I've been trying to find a start date, does anyone know when it starts?

~kt

Auction Period: April 10th 2006 to April 23rd 2006 (Japan time)
Auction Closing Dates: April 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th 21st, 22nd and 23rd (Each item/auction has a different deadline)
Payment Deadline: January 31st 2006
GuyvarIII
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by GuyvarIII »

In_Gabriel_We_Trust wrote: I'd love to stand up for the series but I just can't :P
I know what you mean. :D

I didn’t see the series, I saw the movie, with Macek’s Dub.
I liked FOTNS, but it was like a super gory comedy.

The look of the guys fit with their ÜBER macho-ness. Ken is TOO BAD-ASS to believe. I remember one scene in the movie where a building falls on him and the building breaks in two, leaving Ken unharmed. The guys reached a point, where they were SO pumped, their eyebrows could bench press 300lbs.

I think it’s only a guy thing.
1. Ken comes across another super buff guy.
2. In a high-pitched voice Ken yells “Yadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayada…” while pummeling the other guy faster than the eye can see.
3. The other guy says, “I’m OK!” Ken says, “You’re already dead.”
4. The other guy explodes. The man’s chest blows-up; his skull flies through the front of his face; and, what is left of him flies backward, smashes into a wall sending his internal organs in all directions.

The gore is WAY OVER THE TOP. :crackup I found it hilarious.
The only thing better than this was the 8-bit Nintendo game (bad guys explode in 8-bit pixels).
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

GuyvarIII wrote:The guys reached a point, where they were SO pumped, their eyebrows could bench press 300lbs.
Wow!! You knew my stats teacher??!! 8O

(seriously... he would come to class in his Gold's Gymn workout gear and flex in front of the cute grad students. Whilst I and the other chronologically-challenged guy in the class did one of those :puzzled things, trying not to choke to death on our giggles. :)

Whoops, almost lived up to my title here. Just to kinda bring it back on topic again, I have to say 1) thanks for the scans!! (I may not be saved after all, I may just have to go after the redhead for the memories!); and 2) I haven't laughed so hard in ages. GuyvarIII, I was seriously sitting here hooting out loud! Skeered the cat right off my lap!
"The permanent temptation of life is to confuse dreams with reality. The permanent defeat of life comes when dreams are surrendered to reality."
James A. Michener, The Drifters
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Do they have any Kakyuusei, Doukyuusei, Doukyuusei 2, Pia Carrot, Sentimental Journey, Seraphim Call, First Kiss Story or To Heart cels this time?
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

irmgaard wrote: But....there's one Ranma:
:bwall AAARRRRRGGGH!!! :bwall
Wishlist Ranma. I knew I shouldn't have looked. I was told there were Bleach hankens this time around?

What am I asking for? :bwall :bwall :bwall
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

Keropi, talk about series that don't match with FOTNS! 8O

The only one of those titles I see is To Heart:

There's a Di Gi Charat. Let me know if you want to see. :wink:

aernath, look back in this thread for blurry blue pages. That's the BLEACH. That's why I gave up on the genga. Mandy Zenbu sketch printing + my scanner = :flushie

*edit-spelling
Last edited by irmgaard on Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Thanks for the scans Irmgaard! :)

Looks like I'll be sitting this one out.

So they're auctioning off a Serika wearing her witches hat? It should be interesting to see how much it ends up going for. I've only seen three or four of those ever. Too bad they don't have any Ayaka, Serio or Lemmy cels in there. I doubt I would have been able to afford them anyway.

Good luck for anyone bidding on those To Heart cels. You know who you are. :D

Good luck to everyone who plans to bid in this auction. /no1
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

I logged into my account just now and the option for joining the BWA is available. I tried to join but seems that now VISA cards are being blocked! I never had trouble in the past with this so this must be a new thing VISA is starting. They can bite my @ss! I'm really upset right now and plan to call my credit card company tomorrow first thing! :l

Good luck for those who will be able to join the BWA. I had planned on bidding for a cel or two so I hope I can get this straightened out soon or I'll have to pass up the BWA. :l

EDIT:
My bank card worked for the registration but looks like the auctions are not visible yet.
sulian
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by sulian »

Sugarflower wrote: EDIT:
My bank card worked for the registration but looks like the auctions are not visible yet.
The items of the BWA are not listed for the moment, probably at the end of the week.
Golden Boy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Golden Boy »

Sugarflower wrote: My bank card worked for the registration but looks like the auctions are not visible yet.
FYI, registration does not allow for an early peek of the items. All the items will be available for viewing for everyone regardless if they've registered or not usually a week or couple of days before the auction begins. I'm guessing maybe the 6th or 7th, the items will appear.
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

As usual, not all that interested, and I'm preoccupied with other cels at the moment. However....

Anyone got a hitlist and some extra cash? I would really like that Totoro cel...as well as the Nappa cel.

And as for FOTNS-The only thing I saw wrong with the character designs were that they seem a little outdated now as far as artwork goes, not that I like CG. Nothing personal Krafty, we have similar tastes, but that series really puts me to sleep.
Don't touch me, but I need a hug.

Toni replied:it is wet and juicy
Toni replied:LOL oh f*cking nice signature, you git
Sig edited for your viewing pleasure.
yukineko
Kamisama - God

Post by yukineko »

Haha. Now that I actually have money (yay taxes!) watch this be a Lupin-free Big Auction. :P
Curator of Random Things Cel Gallery