ok, someone is insane

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

ok, someone is insane

Post by Tabbykitty »

I logged in this morning to check on a different cel and saw this auction...

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 8720100001

Who the heck is on crack???? I sat and watched this cel more then double just as I sat and watched, and I wondered...did toriyama ink this personally? It's not that great a shot, and yet some people are fighting tooth and nail over it. Why why why???
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

The link isn't working. However I was just going to post about this. Some of those DBZ cels went for INSANE prices. They weren't even that great of shots. I was considering going for the Mirai Trunks shot with Bulma and Baby Trunks, but it ended at 76,500. 8O Trunks has paint chips down one leg of his pants. Still someone paid that much. And it wasn't even that great of a shot of him. 8O What is it with DBZ cels on Mandarake? It'll be interesting to see how much they go for on the BWA.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Goldknight wrote:The link isn't working / cut / I was considering going for the Mirai Trunks shot with Bulma and Baby Trunks, but it ended at 76,500.
That is the cel the link is ..euh linking too.

I take it someone really liked to have a cel of our chronilogically challenged friend and his own alternate future baby-version.
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

The link works for me :)

Wow.... Yeah this is very expensive cel :OMG
Cats rule!
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: The Post Katrina Big Easy, Not quite as big but still just as easy.

Post by Lynxa »

Wow....that's NUTS!!! 8O Especially with how DBZ cel prices have been falling lately! And he DOES have mega-paint chips. X|

Oh well....wish I had $800 to throw around... :D
Chzbrgr of Doom Better than the show at this point.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

For some reason, I'm not too suprirsed that this cel would go for such an insane amount. People get really frenzied when they get into a bidwar and the issue of winning that cel at any cost drives them to increase their bids to unheard of amounts. It's only when the adrinalilne rush is over does the reality of how much they're going to pay for that cel kick in.

As I've never collected Dragonball cels, I can only speculate that it's similiar to the Sailormoon cels that I've collected - There are a set amount of cels that are on the market and there are higher demands for certain characters/scenes than others. A plain, generic cel(unless it's a Miyazaki cel) of Goku, for example, won't fetch a high amount. But a cel of Goku powering up into certain SSJ forms with original matching background will.

Also, with Mandarake, you need to take into account that more people outside of Japan have access to it than YJ. Most collectors don't know about or choose not to use deputy services because of the costs these services tack on to items. However, in my opinion, the extra fees you may pay to these services are the same, if not less, than what similiar cels/sketches end for on Mandarake.
ljupco
Kamisama - God

Post by ljupco »

Yeah thats very expencive! I think maybe because Trunks is it it and many are Trunks fans.
Okuni
Kamisama - God

Post by Okuni »

I'm not a Trunks fan...but I do love DBZ. The cel has too many negatives: lame shot, stuck background (is it even original?), no douga, cracks and missing paint.
If I had $800 to burn it certainly wouldn't be used for any DBZ cel! I'd go and snag the best VHD cel I could find! (or a whole lot of NightWalker cels! ^_^ mmmm...Shido....)
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Okuni wrote: If I had $800 to burn it certainly wouldn't be used for any DBZ cel! I'd go and snag the best VHD cel I could find! (or a whole lot of NightWalker cels! ^_^ mmmm...Shido....)
*joins in the Shido LUV /lv * :D
This post brought to you by The Power of Plastik.