BWA PREVIEW THE REST THE END

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

Thank you so much for the preview.

It looks like my wallet lucked out this time round. Even though some of those cels are incredible, there's nothing there that I will be trying for.
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

RX78GP02AGUNDAM wrote:Preview starts 7/1
Actual auction starts 7/17-7/23
In the past, didn't their BWA's last 14+ days?

I remember being able to see the auctions before registering for the BWA, is that not possible any more or must I wait till the 17th when they're actually live?
Out of the gloom a voice said unto me;
"Smile and be happy, things could be worse".
So I smiled and was happy
and behold;
things did get worse...
metheus
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by metheus »

Auction Period: July 10th 2006 to July 23rd 2006 (Japan time)
Auction Closing Dates: July 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th 21st, 22nd and 23rd (Each item/auction has a different deadline)
Payment Deadline: August 15th 2006
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

Does there seem to be less pages of items this time round? I thought there were normally about 40+ pages of cels and sketches on the past BWAs but there is only about 27 this time. :^^:
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Looks like bidding has begun on this BWA. Good luck to everyone(and your wallets!).

Yeah, I thought the same thing too, Sugar. Most of the recent BWAs have had 35+ pages of cels/douga to vy for.

Looking around at the cel/douga selection this time that this is primarily a shoujo offering(minus the Dragonball and random Bleach sketches I saw).
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I don't see anything I want to bid on. Yes!! :^^:

My Twenty One Day Buyless Streak is safe for now. \o/
usamamo
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by usamamo »

:jaw

:OMG What a great lot of SM cels. I think I will participate in this. My first BWA, :yay .

I have my eye on a few but there is one in particular that I will go as far as I can for. *fingers crossed* I know there is going to be some heavy competition from fellow SM collectors and I can only hope that I can win the one I am after.

We shall see. Good luck to everybody who is going in. Hope we all get what we want.
" I'm Usagi Tsukino, 16 years old...in the first year of high school. I'm a bit rash and a crybaby...but, I'm actually an agent of love and justice....pretty Sailor Soldier, Sailor Moon"
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

*Darn* From page one they've foiled me with two Ninja Scroll cels and Girls Bravo hanken sketches... they should know I'm weak enough as it is and can't resist much :cry:
I'm willing to spend a full weeks salery on that first Jubei cel. It's JUST the scene I want, donning the ribbon around his head to fight for Kagero's honour.

I'll still wait until the first day of closing before registering. Chances are the artwork will have several hefty bids which will put them out of my range- here's hoping anyway! LOL

I also wish everyone the best of luck with their bidding! [unless you're up against me :P]
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

hey krafty, if you are really interested in any cel i wouldn't wait for the last day to register..... because since they have that new "Verified by Visa" thing the code for veryfing CC in the "Join the BWA" doesn't always work right.....

.... it hapened to me on the last BWA.... i tried registering minutes before the auction i wanted and it failed..... (and i miserably lost one cel that i wanted and that had a very affordable price) ..... and it seems to happen this time too..... however this time i tried registering and after e-mailing them it took them more or less 1 day to send me a "personal" link to register.... and after that they had to manually register me for the auctions....

.... so just in case you (or anybody else) want any cel that much i wouldn't wait much before trying to register.
hobbywhelmed
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by hobbywhelmed »

It's interesting - paying for mandrake stuff is the only time my bank charges a fee (used the debit-charge card).
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Interesting, Darksusaku, thanks for the warning!
Whenever I've used the 'Verified By Visa' page with a Mandarake transaction it has taken an extra 30 seconds to complete my payment but it's not been a problem.
Maybe I will register at least 24 hours before the auction closes rather than 24 minutes, just in case.

Hobbywhelmed, I thought that all credit cards charge a fee for international transactions?
I pay 2.25% on one card and 2.75% on another, it's all worked into the conversion rate. Are American cards different?

----------
[EDIT Sunday 16th July]

Just registered with 22 hours before the end of the first Ninja Scroll auction I'm interested in. No problems registering, it was all done within 1 minute ^__^
Now the excitement continues to the actual bidding stage!