Paying for Mandarake Auctions? UPDATE AGAIN!

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: The Post Katrina Big Easy, Not quite as big but still just as easy.

Paying for Mandarake Auctions? UPDATE AGAIN!

Post by Lynxa »

Okay I just won an auction for some beeeaaayooootifuuuul Juuni Kokki sketches on Mandarake (which I hope will be more sketch than copies or crap paper, I know I'm taking a big chance here :emb). I usually like to pay immediately, but when I go to the "Payment" tab it says there are no won auctions. I KNOW I won this (it even says so in my little "my auctions" page).

So...do I have to wait for an e-mail or something? I've never won anything on Mandarake before :emb I know it's early over there so maybe I'm just jumping the gun, I can't help but be paranoid though. :D
Last edited by Lynxa on Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chzbrgr of Doom Better than the show at this point.
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

That happened to me when I won my 1st auction too. I think they have to make a total for shipping & the final price before you can pay. If not just email them and tell them you'd like to pay for them now.
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

I've always had to email them after I won and item. If I didn't then days would go by with nothing popping up on my account. So I would just politely let them know I was ready to pay for the auction I had won (gave them the auction link) and within a day or two I had it to pop up on my account ready for me to pay. This may be different for others but this is the way I had to do things. :)

Congrats on your snag. I hope you get a nice bunch of sketches there. I paid around $150 for an auction of DBZ sketches one time and they were all crap. Out of the whole lot there were maybe 10 sketches worth keeping and even then they were not very nice ones. The rest, just some random 'things' and stuff being blown up.

The auction you won looks like a nice one though. I can't wait to see them in your gallery.
Last edited by Sugarflower on Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

You *should* get a "hurrah, you won" email in awhile ... it does take a bit... and then it says "mail for total price."

If you then go into "My Page" and hit the payments tab it'll show you the won auction -- I don't know whether it differs by store or not, but I always have had to email the "international mandarake" address to have them update with the shipping total. THEN you can pay.

Takes a bit.
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Whenever I've won auctions I get an email the same day confirming I'm the winner; then check my Payment page on the Mandarake site a few days later which confirms the total cost with shipping.

I'm never in a hurry to have my stuff sent or paid for because I try to combine wins form the same store.

Just be a little patient, Lynxa, it'll work out fine ^__^
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

So you did win! That's great! I'm sure Keiki would be going to a great home soon!

You'll have to e-mail them and they'll probably get you an invoice quicker!
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Lynxa »

Thanks for not bidding me up RoboFlonne! :D

So I finally get my e-mail and total from Mandarake. I go to their site, put in my CC number, and it does it's little song and dance, then takes me back to the same "submit payment" page. If I hit 'modify' it says in red at the top of the Credit Card info thingy "There has been an error. Please confirm the content below. Failed pays by card. Because:Invalid card / Please contact your credit card company."

Now I know my card is valid. And I don't think it'd be blocked at the bank so fast, would it? :? I've e-mailed my credit card company just to make sure, but....Now I'm paranoid :bawl: Does anyone know what else could be causing this? I hit submit several times and it does this every time (If I wake up tomorrow to find five $50.00 charges to Mandarake I'm going to be a little pissed :rollin)
RalphVboy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RalphVboy »

Is it a VISA card you're using? Because I'm pretty sure that people were/are having trouble paying with Visa credit cards through Mandarake. Here's the thread that talks about it:

http://www.anime-beta.net/phpBB/viewtop ... light=visa

I use a VISA debit card with them and it always works fine. So this may be a problem with credit cards only :O Wishing you the best of luck in finding a way to pay for the auction, Lynxa ^_^

- RalphVboy
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

I had the same crappy problem. I had to call the CC company and they claimed that the card should work but I told them otherwise. They told me to go to the VISA site and place my card number in so I wouldn't have the problem anymore. It worked! I don't know why I had to do this so maybe someone can give you more info, sorry.
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Lynxa »

I'm using a Mastercard Debit card. I'd heard from several people who use debit cards with no problem on Mandarake. Do you think it's mastercard? :( This is driving me NUTS!!!! :bawl:
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I wish I could help, but I haven't used Mandarake for a long time. They used to accept paypal.

I'm still bidding on items so I'll find out next week.
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

I've heard about people experiencing problems when trying to pay Mandarake.
I've never personally had a problem, but I think the issue is with the credit
card company. Sometimes they block odd purchases or require you to
contact them for authorization. I guess tell them, for the future, that
this seller is acceptable.

Keep us posted.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

I would definately contact your CC company Lynxa. And if you have internet other than dialup. I would stay on that phone while talking with the person from your CC company and tell them you will to make the purchase while you are on the phone with them. This way if you get an error they will still be right there to help you.

This is what I did when I had the problem with making the payment to Mandarake. I hope this works out for you.

~Sugar
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

That happened to me once, I usually contact...what was her name....damnit, she can charge it directly over there. Just email them your problem (which is common) and she'll ask you for your payment information and do it for you. Good Luck :D

I'm not a bad girl......

I'm just a good girl being bad for you
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Lynxa »

I e-mailed them a couple of days ago about it and they haven't gotten back to me :bawl: I'm going to try another card and if that doesn't work I'm going to e-mail them again. :l