BWA....Anyone having any luck??

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Sorry to hear about your loss, usamamo. 'Twas not me who outbidded you on that lovely cel. I recall that there was a cel from this sequence on YJ not too long ago, so perhaps you'll find what you're looking for soon.

I've actually been suprised. The primo Sailormoon cels have all ended for high prices, just as I expected that they would....well, except the Merc OP....I thought that would go higher due to the popularity she holds on the Japanese audience...but congrats to whoever won it. The bank cels, I realized, would all go for around $500, and all but the Healer bank and Fighter bank(I felt that it would hit $800..I was close in my estimate), have.

..And then there's the cels that I thought were lovely pieces(not primo, but very lovely shots) that didn't end for too much higher than what the starting price was. This morning's Fiore cel from the R movie was a perfect example. It was one of the only shots of him in the movie where he looks calm, even happy. With a background, you could really bring that feature out....but, it ended only at 5000yen. Congrats to whoever won it - I'll be sure to pay Fiore a visit sometime in the future.
misa
Kamisama - God

Post by misa »

**EDITED**

WTF???!?!!

I logged in this morning and it clearly said I won the Trunks cel and that the would be sending me shipping info.

I just logged in again to show my friend the cel, and now it says I was "OUTBID".

So, WTF?

I'm just in tears now. This has been such a horrible day, I can't even believe this. I e-mailed Mandarake, but somehow I expect to hear nothing back.
Last edited by misa on Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anime-Online Gallery:
https://gallery.anime-online.com

Anime-Online Sales:
https://anime-online.com
RalphVboy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RalphVboy »

Congrats on the win, Misa! That cel is going to look awsome next to your sequence mate ^_^

- RalphVboy
SME
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by SME »

misa wrote:I logged in this morning fully expecting that I had lost my auction (the Trunks cel), but I won ^-^ Yay! It wasn't cheap, but it was a darn site cheaper than Trunks cels have gone for lately.

Essentailly (for the DBZ impaired) it was a cel of Trunks from his first appearance. I already had a cel of him with the "purple" hair from the scene, this was a cel of him as "ssj" from the exact sequence. I thought it would be really nifty to have both: and now I do!
Congrats on your newest aquisitions Misa! That is very cool you were able to get 2 different cels from the same sequence! I've always thought it would be neat to have that from Dragonball, a cel of them in regular form and then right after their power-up form. *drool*
  • "If us girls can't be strong, then we can't protect the boys we love." - Naoko Takeuchi
  • "Anyone who sees me has a date with his maker." - Shinigami
  • "WHAT!??! Men in pink!? How bizarre!" - Vegeta
  • This message has been approved by Welcome Consumer...got questions? She's got answers. :P
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

Yeah, congrats misa, those look great next to each other :)

...as for luck and me, i have gotten quite a few things off the big auction. (some of the hanken sketches) I didnt even bother with this one. Nothing that really caught my attention. (i have gotten pretty picky) but i guess that could be a good thing :o
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Fortunately for me! I did not find anything on BWA that I had to have.

Now, I did log on to regular Mandarake and Bid on Mezzo Forte with 8mins to spare. BUT I LOST! I feel your pain, Krafty! Some insane bidder actually beat me. Let's find out where he lives!!! And We can find out what's in the package!

gotta love the grab bag effect of these auctions

That ninja Scroll is so Evil! I love it!

And Awesome Kenshin and Trunks cel.. They'll be great in your collections!

3 Hurrahs for Krafty, Birdie, and Misa!!

:vict /no1 :vict
RalphVboy

Post by RalphVboy »

misa wrote:**EDITED**

WTF???!?!!

I logged in this morning and it clearly said I won the Trunks cel and that the would be sending me shipping info.

I just logged in again to show my friend the cel, and now it says I was "OUTBID".

So, WTF?

I'm just in tears now. This has been such a horrible day, I can't even believe this. I e-mailed Mandarake, but somehow I expect to hear nothing back.
I'm hoping the "Outbid" notice is a glitch in their system and that you've still won the cel, Misa. If you had bid that ending amount or higher before the auction ended, I can't see how you would've lost. Wishing you lots of luck for a quick fix to this auction ^_^

- RalphVboy
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

RalphVboy wrote:
misa wrote:**EDITED**

WTF???!?!!

So, WTF?

I'm hoping the "Outbid" notice is a glitch in their system and that you've still won the cel, Misa. If you had bid that ending amount or higher before the auction ended, I can't see how you would've lost. Wishing you lots of luck for a quick fix to this auction ^_^

- RalphVboy
I second Ralphy's sentiment here. I'm terribly sorry to hear this news
Misa. I sincerely hope you get the cel and that the error is some
temporary bug in the system. :(
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
misa
Kamisama - God

Post by misa »

Thanks everyone ;_; -- it still says I was outbid.

It's just very depressing. I was really happy.

If it is someone on this forum that won, if you ever consider selling -- please keep me in mind :(

I've heard though that sometimes Mandarake changes the auctions because the cel didn't meet their "reserve". Maybe this is one of those cases :(

*depressed*
~Misa
Anime-Online Gallery:
https://gallery.anime-online.com

Anime-Online Sales:
https://anime-online.com
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

misa wrote:Thanks everyone ;_; -- it still says I was outbid.

It's just very depressing. I was really happy.

If it is someone on this forum that won, if you ever consider selling -- please keep me in mind :(

I've heard though that sometimes Mandarake changes the auctions because the cel didn't meet their "reserve". Maybe this is one of those cases :(

*depressed*
~Misa
it's very strange. Mandarake doesn't have reserve prices, but they do say in their page that if during the close time of an auction there has been some kind of irregularity like the page being down because server overloaded or similar they "reserve" their right to reopen/extend the auction to allow people to receive more bids....

maybe what happened is this. The e-mail you received is probably an automated one sent right after the auction ended the first time... and seems that they reopened the auction later for some reason. If the price on the page is now higher than your maximum bid it's proof that all this is what happened.

But, even with all that, they did e-mail you saying that you have won. So i would contact them asap and tell them that you received the e-mail, and that because of the e-mail you had confidence that you had won the item and didn't keep looking.... That way they should at least give you a chance to place a higher bid.
usamamo
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by usamamo »

cutiebunny wrote:Sorry to hear about your loss, usamamo. 'Twas not me who outbidded you on that lovely cel. I recall that there was a cel from this sequence on YJ not too long ago, so perhaps you'll find what you're looking for soon.
Yeah, I saw it on YJ and was kicking myself then as well. I only hope I can find one in Japan when I get there to ease the pain.

cutiebunny wrote:..And then there's the cels that I thought were lovely pieces(not primo, but very lovely shots) that didn't end for too much higher than what the starting price was. This morning's Fiore cel from the R movie was a perfect example. It was one of the only shots of him in the movie where he looks calm, even happy. With a background, you could really bring that feature out....but, it ended only at 5000yen. Congrats to whoever won it - I'll be sure to pay Fiore a visit sometime in the future.
That has bothered me too. I have so had to tell myself off for going to bid on those cheaper cels, but I end up talking myself out of it because they are not wishlist cels. But now I wish I had! There was a nice Sailor Moon cel that just finished at 3,800 yen, that one with her eyes closed. I didn't bid on it of course :hammer

Ahh well. Maybe I will have more luck next time.
" I'm Usagi Tsukino, 16 years old...in the first year of high school. I'm a bit rash and a crybaby...but, I'm actually an agent of love and justice....pretty Sailor Soldier, Sailor Moon"
RalphVboy

Post by RalphVboy »

Finally, my first BWA win :vict

https://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/ite ... 9180100002

I participated in 2 other BWA's before this one but came out empty handed each time. I guess 3rd times the charm :D Another happy addition to the Kurapica collection ^__^

- RalphVboy
samiamew
Kamisama - God

Post by samiamew »

WOW... I actually won something 8)

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 4890100001

This calls for a dancing banana :dban :dban :dban :dban

I'm still in shock. I first saw a beautiful sequence mate at SME's gallery

http://sme.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_i ... emID=98039

and fell in love with it. This was the only cel I really wanted from the BWA -- the others I liked and wanted but this was the one I had to have, of course it goes without saying, like all auctions, you bid 'stupid-crazy' when you really want it :P

You know, I never thought I'd participate in a BWA -- they don't seem to usually have Inuyasha goodies in these things -- but it's good to 'broaden your horizons' and shrink your wallet X| :wink:

Congrats on your win RalphVboy, here's some dancing bananas for you, too! Heck! dancing bananas for everybody and their new goodies --

:dban :dban :dban :dban
usamamo
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by usamamo »

Wow samiamew! I was after that cel too but it went a little too high for me, ok alot too high. But I am so glad I will be able to see it in your gallery. Congrats :dban

I won a cel, although I did not win my Moonlight Knight cel I did win something. And for my first BWA I am pretty happy I was able to come out with a win.

Anyways I won my first Tuxedo Mask cel, and I can not wait to pick it up :vict

https://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/ite ... 7530100003

Yay! :yay
" I'm Usagi Tsukino, 16 years old...in the first year of high school. I'm a bit rash and a crybaby...but, I'm actually an agent of love and justice....pretty Sailor Soldier, Sailor Moon"
SME
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by SME »

samiamew wrote:WOW... I actually won something 8)

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 4890100001

This calls for a dancing banana :dban :dban :dban :dban

I'm still in shock. I first saw a beautiful sequence mate at SME's gallery

http://sme.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_i ... emID=98039

and fell in love with it. This was the only cel I really wanted from the BWA -- the others I liked and wanted but this was the one I had to have, of course it goes without saying, like all auctions, you bid 'stupid-crazy' when you really want it :P
Congrats samiamew! Now we ARE sequence mates! ^.^ I'm so happy I'll be able to see it in someone's gallery...it really is a nice OP sequence...I just love the clocks spinning around her. Very nice catch indeed. This does call for a dancing banana celebration... :dban :dban :dban :dban :dban

I also didn't walk away from this BWA empty-handed, which is what I intended since I decided not to bid. Thanks to my fiance who doesn't listen to me, he went ahead and bid anyway and won two cels for my birthday. Men...I don't understand them sometimes, ok all the time. ;)
  • "If us girls can't be strong, then we can't protect the boys we love." - Naoko Takeuchi
  • "Anyone who sees me has a date with his maker." - Shinigami
  • "WHAT!??! Men in pink!? How bizarre!" - Vegeta
  • This message has been approved by Welcome Consumer...got questions? She's got answers. :P