BWA....Anyone having any luck??

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
samiamew
Kamisama - God

BWA....Anyone having any luck??

Post by samiamew »

Just curious -- this is my first BWA I'm trying to participate in X| :P and the $$ are 8O 8O It's just amazing what things are going for....

The only reason I decided to take the leap this time was all the Sailor Moon goodies up for auction (yah, just jumped on that bandwagon :D ). I'd heard about the craziness of past BWA's but I'd never followed the auctions to close before -- so kinda shocked here :^^: and the rest of the week's not shaping up too well, either :l

So -- question is: 'How's everyone else doing??' Anyone win anything they were going after?
RalphVboy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RalphVboy »

Waiting 2 1/2 more days to see if I can finally win an auction in the BWA. Already bidding on the cel I want to win. Bet the majority of you who've seen my collection know which one it is. I'll give you a hint. It's from HxH. The name of the character shown begins with K and ends in -urapica :P I'd rather not have to go all out on this auction, but I sure will if need be :badass

Best of luck to anyone else bidding so long as it's not on the Kurapica/Ubo auction, and congrats to all who have won ^_^

- RalphVboy
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

So far I've lost 2 of the 4 items I bid on (one item has ended, the rest end at various points). This is my first time participating in a BWA, too. I've watched them for years...but never bid until now.

Good luck to everyone!!!!!
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

This year I have won the the first and really the only object I was gunning for: http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 2070100002

There are still a couple of things I want, but after this win I'm quite happy.... :)
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

It's been fairly disappointing so far, lost a dream cel because the bidding went higher than I expected: Ninja Scroll 1

- I then consoled myself by winning one on the rebound: Ninja Scroll 2 more than I should have paid, but *meh*

- Already I've been outbid on 2 Girls Bravo hanken genga sets and I'm not a huge fan of this series so I won't compete.

- Lost a batch of Mezzo Forte TV series genga in the Everyday Auctions which annoyed me big time because I was the only bidder up until the last 10mins then everyone piled in nudging me out.

- There's some nice game art that I'm currently bidding on and expect to win, from the Sega RPG- Shining Tears. Its Korean-style appealed to me so I hope I'm fortunate with this one too.

I think we're all seeing some silly prices, Samiamew, that's par for the course, but there are some great pieces to be had!
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

Krafty wrote:It's been fairly disappointing so far, lost a dream cel because the bidding went higher than I expected: Ninja Scroll 1

- I then consoled myself by winning one on the rebound: Ninja Scroll 2 more than I should have paid, but *meh*
But Krafty, I think the one you got is much better!! There's nothing like that Possessed by Evil look to add style. :wink:
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

irmgaard wrote:But Krafty, I think the one you got is much better!! There's nothing like that Possessed by Evil look to add style. :wink:
Cheers, Irmgaard, however the head-on one of Jubei had sentimental meaning to me.
I find that few scenes in anime mean much to me, but this was a special one that demonstrated his will to win, fighting for the girl's honour. When the anti-hero acts this way it often affects me emotionally :roll:

Still, I always remind myself to be thankful for what I've got; I'm not greedy but I know I have plenty of artwork to appreciate already. :)
Last edited by Krafty on Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Golden Boy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Golden Boy »

Hey James, sorry about the Scroll auction, at least you'll know where to find it. :wink: Congrats on the Kagero!!! :D

gb
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

Nope, missed mine :l
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Maiko
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Maiko »

birdie wrote:This year I have won the the first and really the only object I was gunning for: http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 2070100002

There are still a couple of things I want, but after this win I'm quite happy.... :)
Congrats Birdie ^_^x Such a lovely cel- it's so nice to see that people can still get wonderful RK cels without it costing them an arm and a leg ^_^x
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

What did the Goku Spirit Bomb Pan Cel end at?
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

samiamew
Kamisama - God

Post by samiamew »

Well, I managed to pick up an IY storyboard on the every day auctions (great episode where Kikyou's trying the drag Inuyasha to hell with her :o ) but the BWA still eludes me :(

It's great to hear about everyone's success stories :D and I'll commiserate with those in the same boat as me :P

I've still got a couple of auctions to go, but if nothing else, it's sure been fun watching them :P

Good luck to those still in the running!! and I can't wait to see everyone's updates when their beauties arrive 8)
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

:OMG Wow. I'm shocked. I thought for sure Goku would fetch a heavier price. That cel was just awesome. Whomever won it got a great deal IMO!
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

usamamo
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by usamamo »

This is my first BWA too.

I was in it for the Sailor Moon cels too. The cel I was after ended up going for $100 more than I could afford now. I am so upset :bawl it was a dream cel. It was the only shot of the Moonlight Knight that I would give anything for. I am so extremely sad right now. /wah

So the BWA isn't going too well for me. I am just going to cry in the corner now /sob
" I'm Usagi Tsukino, 16 years old...in the first year of high school. I'm a bit rash and a crybaby...but, I'm actually an agent of love and justice....pretty Sailor Soldier, Sailor Moon"