Mandarake BWA Autumn/Winter 2006

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Mandarake BWA Autumn/Winter 2006

Post by Krafty »

Oh, how I laughed nerviously with news of the upcoming BWA on Mandarake...

The new Zenbu is out previewing the latest artwork that will suck us dry of any funds we may have been saving.

I cross my fingers and pray there'll be nothing of interest, LOL.
[Hmm, I sound bitter but it's not that, I always end up spending too much on their quality items]

Auctions begin 10th October 2006, I hope everyone will be happy with what they find here ;)
http://www.mandarake.co.jp/english/contents/bigauc/
RX78GP02AGUNDAM
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RX78GP02AGUNDAM »

Its so-so
ginga123

BWA

Post by ginga123 »

pages please?? or at least can you guide me how/ I can take a peek?? :)
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Pages/previews? All in good time, my dear... I'm sure RX has gathered some info from his trips down to the Mandarake stores- but we mustn't demand scans from him again, I'm sure he wore himself out last time!

My tip is to start saving money now in case there's something good. Personally, I thrive on not knowing what's coming up, prolonging the excitement for when the auctions begin. ^__^
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

Okay, if someone could PLEASE help me with this... lol

I go to their auctions... and i can never with the names of anime titles... how does everyone else search on this site? thanks ~_~ lol
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

iwakuralain16 wrote:how does everyone else search on this site? thanks ~_~ lol
The Search function for the auctions hasn't worked in over 3 years, it strained bandwidth on their servers. I know, they should upgrade- they can't generate THAT much traffic each day...

I'm sure the regular store can be searched, I've done that on several occasions.
But when it comes to the auctions, you'll have to browse the categories that appeal to you. I tend to do a general 'Anime Cel' browse every few days which encompass cels/genga/settei/layouts and visit the 'Original artwork' section too.
Persusing those 20 pages is no bother because it doens't take too long and it's always fun discovering new artwork when you're not specifically looking for it!
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

Krafty wrote: The Search function for the auctions hasn't worked in over 3 years, it strained bandwidth on their servers. I know, they should upgrade- they can't generate THAT much traffic each day...

I'm sure the regular store can be searched, I've done that on several occasions.
But when it comes to the auctions, you'll have to browse the categories that appeal to you. I tend to do a general 'Anime Cel' browse every few days which encompass cels/genga/settei/layouts and visit the 'Original artwork' section too.
Persusing those 20 pages is no bother because it doens't take too long and it's always fun discovering new artwork when you're not specifically looking for it!
thanks! ^_^ I just like being lazy... ~_~ hahaha
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Yowzers!

Ah, I see this is from the old batch of Big Web items. Still, hopefully there will be many more 1.7M items to come...
SME
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by SME »

sensei wrote:Yowzers!

Ah, I see this is from the old batch of Big Web items. Still, hopefully there will be many more 1.7M items to come...
GEEZ!!! I was wondering what that auction ended at, b/c the last time I checked it was around 20,000...holy smokes. 1.7 mil on 1 cel!?!?!
  • "If us girls can't be strong, then we can't protect the boys we love." - Naoko Takeuchi
  • "Anyone who sees me has a date with his maker." - Shinigami
  • "WHAT!??! Men in pink!? How bizarre!" - Vegeta
  • This message has been approved by Welcome Consumer...got questions? She's got answers. :P
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

Current exchange rate:
1,705,500.00 JPY = 14,462.18 USD

wow! 8O (even if it is Miyazaki/Ghibli :o)
Hold On Tightly ~ Let Go Lightly
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

It is only money :?
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Mandarake BWA Autumn/Winter 2006

Post by Keropi »

Krafty wrote: I cross my fingers and pray there'll be nothing of interest, LOL.
[Hmm, I sound bitter but it's not that, I always end up spending too much on their quality items]
I don't want anything I like to show up either.

If I could go about three or four months without buying anything that would be great. But with so many anime I like debuting in the second and fourth quarter of this year I am filled with dread. :O

I bow down before the Cel gods for good luck. :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Post by EternityOfPain »

I never understood why people would wish for cels that they have only dreamed for not to show up? You'd think you'd be more then happy to lay down the cash (or in some cases go in debt) for that that one fantastic cel you have searched for. I know I sure as hell would. I can't wait till Oct. now :D
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime runs my life. I'll leave it to anime to where my life leads me. -EoP
Anime I have Seen
Slippery slopes of hellish Ice.
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

EternityOfPain wrote:I never understood why people would wish for cels that they have only dreamed for not to show up? You'd think you'd be more then happy to lay down the cash (or in some cases go in debt) for that that one fantastic cel you have searched for. I know I sure as hell would. I can't wait till Oct. now :D
Oh, it's easy after you just got done purchasing that other dream cel and going further into debt.
Heh, you'll soon know all about the pain EoP - the laughter, the tears, the need to sling booty up on
the Boulevard in order to pay for it all... :dgrin
Hold On Tightly ~ Let Go Lightly