Mandarake BWA Autumn/Winter 2006

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I would rather they not show up than have them show up and not be able to bid on them.

It's like dangling that carrot in front of your face and yet never being able to get it. :D
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Yeah, I thought it was really nice when Mandarake sent me an email today to let me know that they were ready for another contribution from my bank account.

I doubt that this auction will be as heavy as it was in Sailormoon cels as the last Zenbu was. I wonder which anime they'll be peddling this time.

Bring on the photos!
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Strictly-Dragonball »

I don't need to worry about this auction as I acquired my ultimate cel, Gogeta and Omega, so I won't be bidding. Not that I would be able to anyway as I am recovering from damages :hurt: However I am very much looking forward to this BWA just to see what great items they have for sale this time :) Did anyone win the very small Cat-Bus image that was on eBay awhile ago? Probably similar to Mandarake's, the image was small but still detailed. Regardless the starting price was £160 GBP X| But, I would have paid that if I collected Totoro, I think it's a fine price. If people can pay tens of thousands for a cel, a few hundred for a very rare sought after cel from a classic film isn't bad at all. Keep in mind though that set-up was complete with matching background which drove up the price. Was also a group Totoro shot with Satsuki and Mei too. I remember some Disney cels from 'The Little Mermaid' with matching backgrounds from Sotheby's Auction, one sold for over $25K 8O Whereas seperated cels only went for $2,000-$4,000. I imagine that cel went to a museum. I just can't imagine one individual paying that much for one cel!
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

'Love me when I least deserve it, for that is when I most need it'-Proverb
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Strictly-Dragonball »

That reminds me. Off topic but interesting, we should consider ourselves lucky we can still buy cels we want, and they satisfy us because that's all we want. The American animation market is obscene. Disney and Warner Bros. They have one thing in their favour; that the cels are already vintage so they naturally have primo prices. Anyone ever checked out this site?:

www.animationsensations.com

Guess how much this sketch of Mickey Mouse costs?:

http://www.animationsensations.com/disn ... ings9.html

Yes, $2,500 8O Click on the image and you will see the size of the sketch. Not very big. If that wasn't 'Steamboat Willie' it wouldn't command that price. Everything's too much X|
Last edited by Strictly-Dragonball on Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

'Love me when I least deserve it, for that is when I most need it'-Proverb
Megala00
Anime Geek

Post by Megala00 »

Actually, I want to go check out that store - it's near my parents' house. I've always wanted a cel from Lady and the Tramp and they have some neat ones...
ashenfairy
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ashenfairy »

I'm in the I can't wait to see what's there but, oh god let it be nothing I want! category 'cause I'm not really collecting too much these days I've got way too many other thigns to pay for the lay down a couple $k in pursuit of acetate. On the other hand I'm not against putting myself in some temporary debt to get my hands on a high end wishlist cel though.

http://www.avaneshop.com/ Our anime, games and geekery webshop
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

The Zenbu came today and it looks like it might be a "sports" theme for the cels with Ashita no Joe, Tiger Mask, Slam Dunk and quite a few baseball, volleyball, tennis and even gymnastics cels.
(there are some nice Yamato and Mononoke no Hime cels too)

And a lot of cute Kamen Rider toys! :)
bulma_gt
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by bulma_gt »

ehm question... how do you get to see the content of the zenbu? I've never participated in this auction
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

You can buy the zenbu (it's a catalogue published by Mandarake) or you can wait until they post them on the site.

Here's the link to buy the Zenbu:

http://www.mandarake.co.jp/english/contents/bigauc/

O si lo quieres en español:

http://www.mandarake.co.jp/es/contents/bigauc/

Pero el sitio de las subastas no está en español. Que triste. :l

None of the items are up yet, but to view them, you just have to go to the normal auction site, click on the category you want to view, click on the drop-down menu and choose "Big Web Auction" rather than "Everyday Auctions."

Also, you need to register to bid. If you buy a zenbu, you're automatically entered. If you don't, you can pay $5 to be able to bid. Once the auction gets closer, a registration link will show up in your Mandarake auction account. But you can still see the items even if you're not registered.
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

momo wrote:Any GunBuster, Macross, Devil Hunter Yohko, Bubblegum Crisis, Mahoromatic cels? Thanks!
Sorry :(

Not in cels or sketches....

Now the Neo-Mandarake has one Noriko:
akadro
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by akadro »

Any Dragonball cels ?

dro
Zetsuai
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Zetsuai »

something from Zetsuai, Cathexis or Bronze inside???
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

akadro wrote:Any Dragonball cels ?
Zetsuai wrote:something from Zetsuai, Cathexis or Bronze inside???
No.... no cels for any of these! 8O
Sorry.

But there's some Dragonball Hanken genga......
Zetsuai
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Zetsuai »

irmgaard wrote:
akadro wrote:Any Dragonball cels ?
Zetsuai wrote:something from Zetsuai, Cathexis or Bronze inside???
No.... no cels for any of these! 8O
Sorry.

But there's some Dragonball Hanken genga......
thank you very much for the information ... :) ...
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

So, um, Irmgaard...

will you and Kittens and Ralph and I and a few others be fighting over the sport of battoujutsu, demonstrated by a certain fellow with long red hair? :D :D

Yech that was awful. I just got up. Any Kenshin? :wink:
"The permanent temptation of life is to confuse dreams with reality. The permanent defeat of life comes when dreams are surrendered to reality."
James A. Michener, The Drifters