Stupid question (solved :) )

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

five hours battle I got error message:

There has been an error. Please confirm the content below.
Failed pays by card. Because:null

I have sent email(s) to them.... I wanna pay soon!!!
Cats rule!
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

I'd also do a check with your CC company, sometimes they get suspicious of overseas charges and won't let them through. Especially if this is your first time purchasing from Mandy. :)
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

birdie wrote:I'd also do a check with your CC company, sometimes they get suspicious of overseas charges and won't let them through. Especially if this is your first time purchasing from Mandy. :)
Yeah I might..... But I just came back from Japan a week ago and I have been using this CC like everyday in Japan (and I did not have any problem????).

Aaaaaaaaaaaaagggg.... Weired. I will try to use a different one for a case.

Thanks, Birdie :) :)
Cats rule!
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

Good luck, Kittens!!!
Threaten them with your katana if they don't behave and take your money properly! :wink:
:bny :bny :bny
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

aernath wrote:Good luck, Kittens!!!
Threaten them with your katana if they don't behave and take your money properly! :wink:
:bny :bny :bny
LOL :rollin Yeah and maybe I might steal some Kenshin cels as well :dwink (ok ok kidding kidding.... I might get in trouble some days :P :P)
Cats rule!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

When you travel internationally and plan to use your credit card, you need to notify your bank prior to going. I also suggest doing this when you are going on vacation to any location that is not in the vicinity of where you live.

I've seen this happen several times during international trips - other people on the tour will fail to notify their bank, then, once they've made a decent size purchase, the bank will lock their card. Getting funds on the trip becomes difficult as the card is no longer accepted.

I'd suggest calling your bank and notifying of your intent to purchase on Mandarake, as well as call them before you head to London. That way, if something has happened to your card, you can make arrangements to bring hard currency with you.

Oh..and don't buy American Express Traveller's checks in Euro denominations. Most stores won't accept this as a valid form of currency and you'll be scrambling for banks/hotels in which to exchange.

Have fun in the UK. Make sure you head to Harrod's for their Plum Pudding!
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

Thanks for tips :) :) But I think since I have been in Japan so often (this year I went back to Japan 4 times and I am going back there again) I have never had any problems to use CC in Japan since I called them about 4 years ago first time I used my CC in Japan (I had problems...). So I do not think it is b/c of CC problem (I used my CC a couple weeks ago in Japan when my mom and I went to shopping :) :) I bought so many cloths /lv) SO my CC company knows that I use my CC in Japan a lot since I told them 4 years ago :)

Also when I went to Germany I did not have problems also I can use my ATM in europe so I am not too worry about using my CC :)

Seriously I just do not understand why this is giving me trouble. But I am waiting a phone call from mandarake (I called them and the main store is not open yet so they ganna call me back) but they are super nice. :) :) So I will just talk to them in person :D :D

I will keep posted :)

Ok.... :) It has been solved :) My CC went thru without problem :yay (I was thinking about it but I used my CC at mandarake Nakano store when I was in Tokyo..... /swt)

They said they ganna ship it today :wave: (my friend is checking my mails so I hope I can see it when I am back from the UK :wave:)

Woot!!!
Last edited by kittens on Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cats rule!
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

For some reason, my bank gives me problems only with Mandarake. Not sure why exactly, but the issue is resolved when I do one of two things (or both):

1. Notify my bank that I will be paying [specific amount] to a retailer in Japan. Providing names helps sometimes too.
2. I have Mandarake run my credit card information manually. That almost never fails.

Doing either of these two things, or both, should ensure a prompt and easy transaction. Mandarake was nice enough to save my information and manually run future transactions for me, upon my approval, as well. Very nice!
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

wELCOME cONSUMER wrote: 2. I have Mandarake run my credit card information manually. That almost never fails.
What do you mean?
wELCOME cONSUMER wrote: Doing either of these two things, or both, should ensure a prompt and easy transaction. Mandarake was nice enough to save my information and manually run future transactions for me, upon my approval, as well. Very nice!
Yeah they are :) :) They called me and we are trying to get my CC information on a phone :) So hopefully I can solve the problem.....

Yeah for future reference, I would love to solve this problem ASAP......

This stinks :(
Cats rule!
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

Some update :) Yeah mandarake is very nice :) I talked to the person at nakano store and she said it happens before. So I have to send them a letter of a photo copy of my CC. But since I will bein the UK from tomorrow and I won't be back until Dec 4th, I told them I cannot do this (b/c I cannot respond when they cannot go thru my CC since I won't be home).

Anyway long stoy short, I gave them my CC info over a phone and they will take care of it manually :) :) which is very nice :) I am waiting a phone call from them again for a final answer :) :) (whether it went thru or not....).

But yeah mandarake is very nice :) :)
Cats rule!
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Yeah. That's what I was referring to above. I emailed them a scan of my credit card and allowed them to run the card manually on their end. Digital pictures and faxes work as well. It's a little faster than postal mail.

That's cool they let you do it over the phone. :) Glad it's working out.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

wELCOME cONSUMER wrote:Yeah. That's what I was referring to above. I emailed them a scan of my credit card and allowed them to run the card manually on their end. Digital pictures and faxes work as well. It's a little faster than postal mail.
I got it :)

Yeah it was very nice for them to do (since they kept calling me from Japan so many times X| )
Cats rule!
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

YAY! :yay:
I'm glad everything worked out for you Kittens! I can't wait to see your new cel at home in your gallery soon! Congrats!
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

Thanks suger :) :)
Cats rule!