Mandarake BWA Winter 2006/Zenbu #33

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 5190100002

I'm really not suprised at the final price for this auction. Being that it's a sweet pan shot of the characters as well as being an A1End cel with a possible matching BG.
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

majinuub wrote:http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 5190100002

I'm really not suprised at the final price for this auction. Being that it's a sweet pan shot of the characters as well as being an A1End cel with a possible matching BG.
I was watching that cel to see how high it would go. It's no surprise to me as well that it ended for that amount. Hopefully a Beta or RS member managed to snag it. I'd love to see a better shot of it in their gallery.

So has anyone won any items they were bidding for? I've been watching a few items but haven't made a decision to go for them yet. I can't wait to see what wins pop up here or on RS!
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Thankfully there's very little in this BWA that I can't live without so I needed sign up and bid *phew*. The only 2 pieces that have me umming and ahhing are the 'Licenced By Royalty' hanken sketches and the 'Requiem From The Darkness' genga sets.

Still, I think the Totoro cels are purty and I'll be monitoring them ^__^

I appreciate that we all like to play our cards close to our chests- especially whilst the bidding continues; but please post info regarding your wins if you're successful. It's always nice to see what others have acquired.
DragonballZSubzero
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by DragonballZSubzero »

Sugarflower wrote:
majinuub wrote:http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 5190100002

I was watching that cel to see how high it would go. It's no surprise to me as well that it ended for that amount. Hopefully a Beta or RS member managed to snag it. I'd love to see a better shot of it in their gallery.

So has anyone won any items they were bidding for? I've been watching a few items but haven't made a decision to go for them yet. I can't wait to see what wins pop up here or on RS!
Yeah. I might have won something... :D
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Congrats on your win, Subzero. I noticed that auction pratically auto-extended for an additional hour. I was hoping that someone from Beta won.

It's a terrific piece - great shots of each character in pose that I would associate well with each character.
DragonballZSubzero
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by DragonballZSubzero »

cutiebunny wrote:Congrats on your win, Subzero. I noticed that auction pratically auto-extended for an additional hour. I was hoping that someone from Beta won.

It's a terrific piece - great shots of each character in pose that I would associate well with each character.
Thanks cutiebunny. Never said what I won though, but once I get it in I will upload it along with a lot of other things I need to get around to putting up.

Yeah, I watched that auction too, I think someone was bidding in like really really small increments to make it extend longer for some reason. Very nice cel though.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

DragonballZSubzero wrote:Thanks cutiebunny. Never said what I won though, but once I get it in I will upload it along with a lot of other things I need to get around to putting up.

Yeah, I watched that auction too, I think someone was bidding in like really really small increments to make it extend longer for some reason. Very nice cel though.
Cheeky monkey. Confusing me with your new-fangled "reverse psychology" :P

Well, whatever it is that you won, I look forward to seeing it in your gallery.
Ms. Poe

Post by Ms. Poe »

Congrats on the person who won the LBR hanken sketches...due to a sudden death in the family I was unable to compete once I got outbid -_-!

And a big congrats to the person winning the SM serenity/chibi moon cel...That one is a stunning piece of work...wish I coulda' afforded it!
Image Image
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

What was the final on the Serenity/Chibi auction? That was such an awesome cel. :drool
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

This one, GK?

BTW, up near the top of the page, there's a drop-down menu where you can change the auction search from "Before/Opened Auction" to "Closed Auction." :) It'll pull up all of the ended auctions for this BWA.

By the way, both Ranma hankens went for over 150,000 yen. 8O Ryouga cost more than Shampoo! Boy, I wish I had that kind of money. :l :wink:

Good luck to anyone going for anything!
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

D'oh! Thanks. I totally spaced the option to switch to closed auctions. Takes me awhile. X| Anyhooooo how about this little gem:
https://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/ite ... 1160100003
:OMG
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

graymouser

Post by graymouser »

Even though I am no longer in the market for cels of the unicorn herself, the set up was so pretty I couldn't help but watch the action. I hope someone here at beta got it. I would love to visit it in the future.

You had to email Mandarake to find out, but the background was an original production BG. It's really hard to find TLU cels with original backgrounds. I can't remember the last time I saw one sell for less than $2.5K. All the elements of the set up (background, butterfly layer and unicorn layer) are not from the same sequences but come from the same scene. Add in the fact that it was a Mandarake auction and I guess I'm not too surprised at the 366,000yen final bid.
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Blaaahh! :cry: X|

Curses!
/pif /omg :bwall :bwall

I cant believe I actually lost the Shampoo hanken >_<;;
Only by 100 yen too! /wah
Here I thought it'd be mine for sure at 1500 but ah well.. in the end I think I
was relieved after looking at my checkbook
/heh :rollin

I tried for the Ryoga too and lost as well, I only went as high as 1k on that one.
Congrats to the winners of the hanken! They are gorgeous
(*sniffles* Shaaaampooooooooo!!!)

LOL!

So to suffice my loss I ended up winning only 1 auction. But it felt more
like a pity buy. :emb :cucu :nuts
Nene

Post by Nene »

I forgot to bookmark the Pantyhose Tarou hanken (from Ranma - the guy with the giant bull behind him) ... anyone catch how much that went for? Must be one of the only hankens with that guy in it. ^_^;

I'm curious as to know how much he went for.