Mandarake BWA Winter 2006/Zenbu #33

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Thanks for the scans RX.

That's a nice Sakurako Doukyuusei 2 pan cel, but I don't like pan cels that long because they are difficult to store properly.

I'm trying to remember who that is on page 32 #6268. She looks very familiar, but I don't recognize the kanji. :O
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I wonder if that speed racer is from the original series or the OVA. Based on the starting price I would think OVA. But man......nice cel. :drool
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

redwolf
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by redwolf »

RX: Thank you very much for scanning the pages.
====

Mahoraba crayons! :D I'd wondered if any of those were done by hand... Some very nice pieces all around, but nothing that completely commands my attention yet.
cutiebunny wrote:There seems to be a larger amount of sketches this time on the BWA. I wonder if this will be continuing trend.
I'm positive it will be, at least in the overall picture. I hope to see some more of the newer series in the future.
Keropi wrote:That's a nice Sakurako Doukyuusei 2 pan cel, but I don't like pan cels that long because they are difficult to store properly.

I'm trying to remember who that is on page 32 #6268. She looks very familiar, but I don't recognize the kanji. :O
The kanji says Gakkou no Kaidan. I store my 2-3 foot long pan cels in a 2x3 foot art carrying case, placed vertically against the back wall of my closet. They aren't nearly as easy to look at, but storage-wise, it works for me.
metheus
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by metheus »

Heh, storage of large format cels is easy, I sleep on top of mine.... :P

Well to be precise I have a large archival acid free art storage box that I keep under the bed(costs around $20). Works great. I'm working on getting a flat file now, that would be ideal. At firts big cels were a pain to store, but once you have a couple you'll really start to appreciate the extra deatail you often get when the character isn't drawn so small.

Next problem to deal with, the growing stack of sketch sets, damn things heavy heh. Might have to get a file cabnet like Krafty did.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Thanks for the scans, RX! I see a couple I might go for if the prices stay reasonable. :wink:
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

redwolf wrote:The kanji says Gakkou no Kaidan.
Ah yes! That was it. I knew I had seen her before somewhere, but I couldn't remember where. I had watched the first few episodes of that too. :?

I tried looking up all the anime titles with "no" in their title and the search engine locked up because there are too many of them. :sweatdrop
redwolf
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by redwolf »

Keropi wrote:I tried looking up all the anime titles with "no" in their title and the search engine locked up because there are too many of them. :sweatdrop
Lol! If I had to guess a most common word in anime titles, "no" would be it...
meewchan
Anime Geek

Post by meewchan »

*faints*

OK, there's a lot of reallllly nice stuff in there! :D

Does anyone know who the girl is on page 140 (6219)? It's really pretty but doesn't look familar. :?
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

RX, thank you very much for posting those scans! I know that I'm definitely throwing myself to the mercy of this season's BWA...*grin*
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

meewchan wrote: Does anyone know who the girl is on page 140 (6219)? It's really pretty but doesn't look familar. :?
I don't know her name, but perhaps her name is on this Magical Taruruto-kun listing here?:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=1529

Sorry I'm not knowledgeable on Taruruto-kun. :(
meewchan
Anime Geek

Post by meewchan »

Thank you, Keropi! I've never seen that series before!
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

They really waited until the last minute to put it up, this time! Good luck to all who are jumping in. :)
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Damnit!!!! I thought I avoided the urge to join the BWA, but there are some major surprises there for me. :bawl I may have to join just for all the Meiken Jolly artwork and I'm also tempted to go for the Speed Racer Cels. :bawl :bawl :bawl Why Why Why!!!!!!!!! My wallet........it bleeds....... :bawl
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Does anyone know if there are any Bleach or Naruto goodies? It is so hard to see pictures of sketches on my computer because the monitor is way too bright.
SqueakyGate
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by SqueakyGate »

After looking through on the online pages, I do believe my bank account dodged a bullet this time around. Of course, there is always next time…

In a way, I sorta wish I didn’t find out about this! :wink:

Thanks to everyone who posted scans, descriptions and patiently answered my questions. It is very much appreciated!!