What is MSN???

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

It's another auction site. I don't know anyone who's bid there, though.
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

I thought those cels looked familiar. 8O I've seen the same cels on a site that Celga will bid on for you: http://www.bidders.co.jp/dap/sv/list2?k ... 6&sort=end

If you have a Celga account they will put in a bid for you, and as there doesn't seem to be much competition you get the cels pretty cheap. I've actually gotten a couple of nice Inuyasha cels from there. I didn't know it was also MSN. :?
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

Yep, there was even a topic about the Bidders/MSN duplication once upon a time. No one could shed any light on the connection between them, though.
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

I've noticed in the past that some of the thumbnail images to some of those auctions never work. Is there a reason why or is it just that Firefox hates MSN/Bidders auctions? I have DSL (cable in the past) so I wouldn't think the internet connection would be preventing it also.
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Sugarflower wrote:I've noticed in the past that some of the thumbnail images to some of those auctions never work. Is there a reason why or is it just that Firefox hates MSN/Bidders auctions? I have DSL (cable in the past) so I wouldn't think the internet connection would be preventing it also.
Hm, same here. A few of the thumbnails won't load and I'm also using Firefox. The majority of the thumbnails do load, so I'm kinda confused.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

I'm using IE and some of the thumbnails don't load for me so I don't think it's a browser problem.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Moop wrote:Yep, there was even a topic about the Bidders/MSN duplication once upon a time. No one could shed any light on the connection between them, though.
I'd bet that listing on Bidders and MSN is free, so the Japanese sellers list on both to get more hits. A Japanese seller once told me that he had the same cel listed on YJ and Wanted!, so it wouldn't surprise me.
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

And I wouldn't bet against you. It would certainly explain why I've seen some of the listings on Bidders literally for years!
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

How would you go about actually trying to bid? :emb
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

ZombieBunny wrote:How would you go about actually trying to bid? :emb
Unless your dep will bid for you, you'll need to use Celga. Send them an email that includes the Bidders URL of the cel you want, along with your maximum bid. They'll ask you to PayPal them half of that amount, and then they'll place the bid for you. If you win (which you probably will), you'll need to send them the balance, plus their fees and the shipping. Very easy. :)
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

Moop wrote:
ZombieBunny wrote:How would you go about actually trying to bid? :emb
Unless your dep will bid for you, you'll need to use Celga. Send them an email that includes the Bidders URL of the cel you want, along with your maximum bid. They'll ask you to PayPal them half of that amount, and then they'll place the bid for you. If you win (which you probably will), you'll need to send them the balance, plus their fees and the shipping. Very easy. :)
Thank you so much! :bow :kiss
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

You're welcome. Hope you win something great! :D
Caroline
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Caroline »

Moop wrote:I don't know anyone who's bid there, though.
i've bid there and yes, celga is very helpful when it comes to bidding on the alternate site bidders.co. i have been watching this site for years and have always had a problem with half the thumbnails not loading... i have no idea why? :?