Mandarake Question

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Naga
Anime Geek

Mandarake Question

Post by Naga »

:l :l Ok so it starts like this I was hungery and wanted sushi so i checked my checking account to see if i have enough money in there... Then i see that mandarake charged me 86.56$ on 2/7/07 and then again on the same day for 2.60$... which i havent purchased anything on there since christmas. Has this happened to anyone else? And is mandarake good at figuring this stuff out? I have checked my mandarake account and it shows nothing that i have purchased. :hurt: :hurt: I feel so used... and my bank wont do anything till i contact mandarake themselves which i just did...... so any info or tips please help me... :l :l :l
Last edited by Naga on Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
RalphVboy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RalphVboy »

When I pay for my Mandarake winnings, the card I use is immediately authorized for the amount I owe. After 2-3 days, the authorization amount will disappear from my card. Then several weeks later that actual charge will post to the card. I believe the delayed posting has something to do with the banks in particular but I'm not too sure.

Your next course of action should be to check your banking statements for December and January. See if there's a payment for Mandarake in those 2 months for your winnings near Christmas. If there is a payment showing in those 2 months then perhaps this is a double-charge. But if there isn't a payment posted there in your statements for those 2 months, then they are posting it now.

I hope everything gets straightened out for you, one way or another ^_^

- RalphVboy
Last edited by RalphVboy on Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

Hopefully Mandrake mistakenly took a payment from your account when they ment to take it from another account. I hope things work out for you.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I want to know what I can buy with $2.60!

Does Mandy sell sushi?

I want a tuna roll!

:vict

But Mandy takes the money right away and then gives it back to me for 3 weeks then takes it again. It's a give and take relationship!
Naga
Anime Geek

Post by Naga »

I have checked with my bank and the item that i had bought in december was 104$.....
and was already taken out.........
I took would like to know where my money went to.... Maybe to buy :l some pokey for 2.60.
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

that happened to me too. >_> hahaha It was only a couple of dollars though so i never really did anything about it.I figured it was some sort of transaction fee *shrugs* /swt
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

The $2.60 might be a foriegn transaction fee like iwakuralain16 commented.
Naga
Anime Geek

Post by Naga »

Thanks guys for your help! I will keep you informed if anything happens :?
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

I had a couple hundred come out of my account today
as well for something I paid for at the end of December.
I agree with the person who said it has something to
do with the banks - not with Mandarake itself. :wink:
Naga
Anime Geek

Post by Naga »

gonzai even if the numbers dont add up?
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

You might check to see if the new charges are for shipping the items you won in December. I know I have been hit with EMS shipping charges in that dollar range for oversized items from Japan.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Mine actually went down from the original amount.
My original amount was $216.57, and the amount
that came out today was $214.67. I believe the
difference comes from the fluctuation in yen
conversion rates. :wink:
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

That's a good point about conversion, that may account for the difference. Typically, my experiences with Mandy have been like Ralphy's. The charge will appear and then disappear for a good month or more and then reappear. There's always an additional charge for the currency conversion.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Naga
Anime Geek

Post by Naga »

X| X| X| Ok so I got contacted by mandarake... Which now I feel like Dumb*** AND YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT! I didn’t realize that US$89.16 x 117yen/$ = 10431yen So I thought a 104 us dollars were suppose to be taken out. X| X| :flushie

Soon this note I would like to personally apologize to mandarake for my ignorance and accusing them of something I should have never done.
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Don't feel horrible... it's easy enough to get confused by the way things appear on the accounts. It does eventually turn out right, though.

You might want to go into your first post and edit the title, though... Make it "Mandarake Question" or something :) Because that's really what it was, right? You couldn't believe they'd actually ripped you off.

And they hadn't! Good deal :)
"The permanent temptation of life is to confuse dreams with reality. The permanent defeat of life comes when dreams are surrendered to reality."
James A. Michener, The Drifters