SM, no not Sailors

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

SM, no not Sailors

Post by miz ducky »

Who is getting this set?

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 2812700001

If it isn't someone on this board I'll cry.

How does one bid on these auctions?
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

I know I am going for them! MWHAHAHAHAHA

ok sorry LOL

Register here:
https://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/reg ... do?action=

and bid away! ;)
pixie_princess
Kamisama - God

Post by pixie_princess »

I blew my money on the other SM (of the sailormoon variety) thing that ended recently.
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

No deputy service required??
pixie_princess
Kamisama - God

Post by pixie_princess »

miz ducky wrote:No deputy service required??
Nope, bidding on Mandarake does not require a deputy service. :D
You can click on the auction link from their English website.
You do however have to send a copy of your credit card and give them a lot of personal information.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Mandarake never asked me to send a photo copy of my credit card. I always thought that you had to do that in event that your domestic credit card would not allow you to purchase items on foriegn websites. Hence, by having the photocopy, Mandarake can process it as if you were physically at the store, purchasing the item. I've never had any problems of Mandarake not being able to process the transaction, but I've always called up my bank and explainned to them of my intent to purchase an item on Japanese website so as not to block the transaction. It doesn't seem to be problematic on small amounts, but on larger transactions, it can be a hassle.

Unlike deputy services, Mandarake Everyday Auctions do not charge a comission for the purchase(although there is the transaction fee you'll pay for using a credit card...generally around 3%). However, if you participate in the Big Web Auctions, in addition to the $5 non-zenbu book participation fee, there's also a comission of 10% on all Big Web Auction items won. While that doesn't sound like much, should you head after the large-ticket item, it can add up fast.

Generally speaking, unless I see something I really want, I tend to stay away from Mandarake. It's a hassle to notify the bank of the intent to purchase and then deal with the additional 3% fee. I'd much rather pay a deputy to deal with that.
pixie_princess
Kamisama - God

Post by pixie_princess »

cutiebunny wrote:Mandarake never asked me to send a photo copy of my credit card. I always thought that you had to do that in event that your domestic credit card would not allow you to purchase items on foriegn websites. Hence, by having the photocopy, Mandarake can process it as if you were physically at the store, purchasing the item. I've never had any problems of Mandarake not being able to process the transaction, but I've always called up my bank and explainned to them of my intent to purchase an item on Japanese website so as not to block the transaction. It doesn't seem to be problematic on small amounts, but on larger transactions, it can be a hassle.

Unlike deputy services, Mandarake Everyday Auctions do not charge a comission for the purchase(although there is the transaction fee you'll pay for using a credit card...generally around 3%). However, if you participate in the Big Web Auctions, in addition to the $5 non-zenbu book participation fee, there's also a comission of 10% on all Big Web Auction items won. While that doesn't sound like much, should you head after the large-ticket item, it can add up fast.

Generally speaking, unless I see something I really want, I tend to stay away from Mandarake. It's a hassle to notify the bank of the intent to purchase and then deal with the additional 3% fee. I'd much rather pay a deputy to deal with that.
I mentioned the photocopy deal since its listed as such on their website. I don't remember ever doing that either to be honest. I've used both my bank/atm card and my visa card and neither have required a phonecall so that they do not block the transaction. The only time I've ever gotten a phone call was when I purchase roughly $500 worth of stuff in a couple weeks for a friend off of japanese websites a few years back. Then, the bank called to make sure it wasn't lost or stolen. :D
Golden Boy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Golden Boy »

Also, because Mandarake does not require a deputy service, prices tend to go higher (sometimes ridiculously higher) than YJ since you don't have to pay for a deputy's commission/fees.

gb :wink:
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

11 hours left to bid!!
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I want to know if you want me to get them for you.

I have in many cases raised the prices because I don't know who's going after it.

I won't bid if Zombie is going for it and has a chance of winning.
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

GO ZOMBIEBUNNY!!! :yay
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

RoboFlonne wrote:I want to know if you want me to get them for you.

I have in many cases raised the prices because I don't know who's going after it.

I won't bid if Zombie is going for it and has a chance of winning.
miz ducky wrote:GO ZOMBIEBUNNY!!! :yay
Awwww! Thanks guys!! :D

*sniffle*.... :l Good luck to whomever goes for it! :love:
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Okies, I guess I'll give this strange auction site a shot.

Is there anything I need to know if I win?
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Ok so I found this other set and I thought that Robo might like them.

I can't believe how many pieces are in these sets.

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 6832700001
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

miz ducky wrote:Okies, I guess I'll give this strange auction site a shot.

Is there anything I need to know if I win?
They will send you an email and just follow that. You pay with the card you put on file with them :)

Enjoy!