AMGoddess sketches + Q?

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

AMGoddess sketches + Q?

Post by miz ducky »

These are so pretty, I just had to make sure that everyone saw them.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 3352700001

What is this exactly? I wonder why there is absolutely no description on some of these things.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 3010100001
usamamo
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by usamamo »

Oh wow 8O those AMG sketches are amazing...I must keep my eye on those.
" I'm Usagi Tsukino, 16 years old...in the first year of high school. I'm a bit rash and a crybaby...but, I'm actually an agent of love and justice....pretty Sailor Soldier, Sailor Moon"
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: AMGoddess sketches + Q?

Post by Keropi »

miz ducky wrote: What is this exactly? I wonder why there is absolutely no description on some of these things.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 3010100001
Those look like those repro cels that Kyoto Animation anime had made for them. It's about the only thing that recent anime Kyoto Animation have that collectors are able to get from the show. :bawl

Ah well...such is life. :O :l
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

What the firtst ones are is not production sketches but smaller copies of some of the movie sketches. They are like these http://tori.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_ ... mID=189282 I got for a friend from Azumanga.

The second one I agree with Keropi , repro's for that very popular series.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

If there's any animation studio I wish created Rilezu, it would be Kyoto Animation (Suzumiya Haruhi, AIR, Kanon, Clannad).

But alas...they would rather go their own way and produce repros for their series instead. :(

Well, at least their anime always looks good. I'm glad for that part. :)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

As I understand it:

Rilezu:

1. One of a kind
2. Painted by hand
3. Sometimes includes a sketch

Repro:

1. Exact same image is produced multiple times (although some of them are limited to several hundred or thousand)
2. Are more often machine produced, but sometimes are painted by hand.
3. Never includes a sketch.

Can I get confirmation on this definition?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

RoboFlonne wrote:Ahh! And Rilezu costs 4 times more?
Four times more than the machine produced ones I believe. The hand painted repros would still cost more I would think.
p.s. that's "dark" sakura in your signature right?
It is. I've always liked that image of her. After my limited "School Days" game exposure, I've had an increased penchant for semi-evil, semi-psycho female characters (especially the ones that go from being "cute and normal" to "dangerous and disturbing"). I find them fun. 8)

Maybe it's just because I've been exposed to so many "normal" shounen/seinen romantic stories over the years. The presence of semi-psycho girls breaks cliches and can make the stories more exciting. :D

Alright...I'm off to watch Keitai Shoujo 2, Murder Princess 1, Hitohira 1, Negima!? 26, Yamato Nadeshiko 25, Code Geass 6 and Death Note. The New Season is here! Yes!!
\o/ :wave: \o/
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

Keropi wrote:If there's any animation studio I wish created Rilezu, it would be Kyoto Animation (Suzumiya Haruhi, AIR, Kanon, Clannad).
I second that! Their choice of subjects for their repros leave much to be desired. All of them have such a similar look about them I can barely tell one head shot from another. And they never do enough of the male characters....1 count it 1 of Itsuki and Kyon from Suzumiya Haruhi and none of Ryuuya from AIR./pif Yes, yes I know he really doesn't figure heavily in the story, but he sure made an impression on me....
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Keropi wrote:As I understand it:

Rilezu:

1. One of a kind
2. Painted by hand
3. Sometimes includes a sketch

Repro:

1. Exact same image is produced multiple times (although some of them are limited to several hundred or thousand)
2. Are more often machine produced, but sometimes are painted by hand.
3. Never includes a sketch.

Can I get confirmation on this definition?
Sounds about right to me. Only I thought repros were produced in fewer quantities. Like, 10 or so. 30 at the most.

Also, some companies allow you to preorder Relizu by sending in screencaps. If they can find the douga, and you're willing to shell out the money, they'll make that specific Relizu for you.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

RoboFlonne wrote:And Rilezu costs 4 times more?
That all depends on who's bidding and what series. :wink: I know of some repros that cost in the thousands. Two of the repros I have were limited framed editions that were originally $800. I'm just happy I didn't pay near that. :)
klet wrote:Only I thought repros were produced in fewer quantities. Like, 10 or so. 30 at the most.
It depends. I think the Bleach and Naurto repros are limited to 5 but the Gravitation repros are limited to 50. I know because I have #18 of 50. :wink:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!