BWA 17 Has Begun

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

I soooooo wanted that awesome Frieza pan cel but the price just skyrocketed! Way over my budget. I hope it will pop up in a gallery in the future.
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

Nene wrote:Hm... I was seriously pondering over this Eva cel:
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 5930100002
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!??!? I thought that cel would go for higher so i just gave up on even trying. I could have won that cel ~_~ Its my own fault. lol I hope someone here on beta got it. :D

Does anyone else have links to any other Eva cels that were on auction for the BWA? I wanted tos ee what they all ended at.
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

Funny how one little post can get this thread rolling again :)
Nene

Post by Nene »

iwakuralain16 wrote:ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!??!? I thought that cel would go for higher so i just gave up on even trying. I could have won that cel ~_~ Its my own fault. lol I hope someone here on beta got it. :D
I was expecting at least 80k so I was a little surprised too. It was a mixture of forgetting about it since I was unsure if I wanted to spend that much and figuring it would probably go higher anyway. Who knows, I might not have been able to outbid the high bidder anyway. ^_^;
Nene

Post by Nene »

Sugarflower wrote:I soooooo wanted that awesome Frieza pan cel but the price just skyrocketed! Way over my budget. I hope it will pop up in a gallery in the future.
Wow, I remember you telling me when it was only about 150k. 8O
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

Hmm might stick a bid in on the Kagero cel :love: they've got up, though I suspect she'll leap up in a couple of days.

Good luck to anyone else going in for one of the auctions though!
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

iwakuralain16 wrote:Does anyone else have links to any other Eva cels that were on auction for the BWA? I wanted tos ee what they all ended at.
You can select closed auctions from the dropdown near the top of the page to view them. :wink:
Kata
Sakabatō Sheath

Post by Kata »

I'm so glad there was nothing I'm interested in this time. I liked one cel but not enough to want it.
Kata

Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

I'm so glad I won the only cel I wanted. :^^:
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Sugarflower wrote:I soooooo wanted that awesome Frieza pan cel but the price just skyrocketed! Way over my budget. I hope it will pop up in a gallery in the future.
I know! I never thought any Frieza cel would go for over 1K. I thought it would go for around 90,000. It's still a nice shot of him w/o his armor. I'm hoping it'll pop up in a gallery as well.

BTW, did someone here win this:

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 5920100002

I was soo tempted to bid but I'm not that much of a gundam fan.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Some of the ending prices seemed fairly reasonable this time. It was as if a number of bidders were distracted by something.

But holy cow...I just checked the final ending price of that Shiori Tokimeki Memorial cel:

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 9070100002

100,000 yen! Man...that's a regular Big Web Auction going price for sure. If that were on YJ it probably would have gone for only $250 to $450. Or maybe $750-$800 on a crazy day.
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

Keropi wrote:Some of the ending prices seemed fairly reasonable this time. It was as if a number of bidders were distracted by something.

But holy cow...I just checked the final ending price of that Shiori Tokimeki Memorial cel:

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 9070100002

100,000 yen! Man...that's a regular Big Web Auction going price for sure. If that were on YJ it probably would have gone for only $250 to $450. Or maybe $750-$800 on a crazy day.
lol Now you see why I didn't go for it? :P
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Queen_Serenity wrote:lol Now you see why I didn't go for it? :P
Yeah. 8O

Well...personally speaking, I prefer cels of Shiori out of the sunlight so that you can get a better picture of her famous flaming red hair:

Ooh...the brightness. My eyes! My eyes! X|
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

Wow... just looking back through these recently I never realized how much this Maya Ibuki cel went for. 8O That's just incredible. :hurt:$:hurt:
There really were some deep pockets (or thick plastic) this time around - I'm glad I decided to turn a blind eye to the few temptations I saw.