Chair For Sale?

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Chair For Sale?

Post by Nene »

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 9890700001

At first I thought it was a toilet seat from the thumbnail but upon closer inspection I think I can rule that one out.

I don't suppose anyone wants to shed some light onto this signed object? I suppose I'm just curious as to why it's got bids already. I'm sure the signatures must be recognisable to some people, just not me.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Maybe the Bokurano anime seiyuu signed that chair? :D
redwolf

Post by redwolf »

Well, here is the Japanese page if anyone cares to translate...
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc/itemIn ... 9890700001

Who or what is STA☆MEN? :?
Is it the same as this that I found on Wikipedia under Fuji Television?
"Sta Men (週刊人物ライブ スタ☆メン , 2005.10 - 2007.3) - Night infotainment program, produced by Fuji TV and Kansai TV."
And the Japanese wiki page...
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

LOL! Sta Men should have chose to sign on something smaller. The buyer can't sit on the chair, it'll juz be a white elephant for display :P
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

So what project did:

Kenichi Suzumura
Junichi Suwabe
Hiroki Takahashi
Toriumi Kosuke
Hiroyuki Yoshino

...work on together? Most or all of them are seiyuu. Maybe they just all signed it?

EDIT:

This is what my software translates:

A brand name: An entering STA ☆ MEN handwriting signature folding chair
A minimum successful bid price: 20,000 yen
A current capital sum: 20,200 yen
The postage: When the postage logs in, it is displayed.
Comment: Auction number UA-3497

A handwriting signature of "a STA ☆ MEN" member is containing it
A person (it is successful paper does it) who was elected by an event
Seven limited numbers
It is stained, and it is a leg a wound. There are a small dirt, a small wound in a bearing surface.

Size:
(opened time) backrest about 93cm high / about 72cm bearing surfaces
(folding time) about 104cm high
(a bearing surface) about 33cm about 33cm longest × side long
It is bank tail Daisuke / Kenichi Suzumura / Junichi Suwabe / Hiroki Takahashi / Toriumi Kosuke / Tamotsu village truth / Hiroyuki Yoshino STA ☆ MEN
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

Very interesting lol
Nene

Post by Nene »

I didn't think to check the Japanese auction part, I just assumed it had no description yet either. ^_^;

Hm... from the Wiki entry, it looks like these STA☆MEN are a group of seiyuu who don't necessarily work on the same series.
Here's what the literal transation says, "... the independent production entertainment unit which is formed in 2002 November by 7 popularity dubbing artists".
I could be wrong though, it's just a guess based on the translation.

At least it sorta solves the mystery now. A bit of a quirky item to sign though. I'll be watching it anyway as it looks like quite a popular item.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

If I bought it I'd probably just take the part where they signed it off. Personally I've never liked buying autographed items that were too difficult to store or keep out of indirect light. But that's just me.

I never would have thought there would be such a high demand for C.S. (Chair Signed).

At least it's not like those B.S. (Balloons Signed) that appeared in Anime Expo's Fund raising Auctions. Those signed items are rather useless to view once the balloons deflate. :^^:
redwolf

Post by redwolf »

Keropi wrote:At least it's not like those B.S. (Balloons Signed) that appeared in Anime Expo's Fund raising Auctions. Those signed items are rather useless to view once the balloons deflate. :^^:
BS sounds like a good acronym for those.

As for the chair, well, I never really understood the excitement some people feel over autographs. I mean, I understand why they get excited, but it doesn't excite me. Well, at least they didn't sign a sofa or an armoire.

Apparently three of the seiyuu were in Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny..
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

In my opinion:

W.C.S. (Wood Cleaver Signed) >>> C.S. (Chair Signed)

I can't even imagine how much S.S. (Sofa Signed) would be to ship from Japan. 8O

Perhaps sea shipping for S.S. would be best. But then it might take two or three months to arrive on my doorstep. :hurt:
redwolf wrote:As for the chair, well, I never really understood the excitement some people feel over autographs.
For me as a former classic hollywood autograph collector, I think the allure of autographs just comes down to the slight connection you feel to the signer. Of course an Autographed Letter Signed I like better than only an autograph. But getting an autographed letter signed from someone such as Judy Garland might cost well over $1000 even fifteen years ago. :hurt:

I usually prefer hand-created collectibles to machine produced items. :)
Titania
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Titania »

STA☆MEN are a group of popular seiyuu (already listed above) who record CDs together, do radio shows and perform the occasional insane live show together. I'm sure their fans would like to have anything signed by them. ^__^