Bidding stars?

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Bidding stars?

Post by Keropi »

How many bids does it take to turn a Mandarake auction into "Hot Item"?

Is it:

One Bid = one star
Two Bids = two stars
Three Bids = three stars
Four Bids = "Hot Item"?

If you bid a second time to increase your bidding amount does the star number increase for that also?
moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by moonrabitt »

Yeah...if you bid to raise your high limit it does raise the star amount...I did that the other day and it rose to 2 stars...I'm not sure about the star count tough....
SME
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by SME »

Keropi,
I'm pretty positive that's how the star rating works. I've bid on several items before realizing I should have upped my bid and when I went back another star showed up, so when you bid again I'm pretty sure it adds another star. A hot item I believe is 4+ bids. It's an interesting system and keeps the highest bidder anonymous, partly the reason why I like Mandarake auctions.
  • "If us girls can't be strong, then we can't protect the boys we love." - Naoko Takeuchi
  • "Anyone who sees me has a date with his maker." - Shinigami
  • "WHAT!??! Men in pink!? How bizarre!" - Vegeta
  • This message has been approved by Welcome Consumer...got questions? She's got answers. :P
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

I agree with SME. I once bidded on an auction mandarake then went back to rebid because i wanted my max to be higher. That added another star. Once anyone has placed the 4th bid it turns into "hot item" and you really never know how many bids there are in total. Not to mention you never know just how many individual bidders there are. O_O
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Thanks for your help everyone. I was taking notes on some of my auction wins and figured I might as well write down how many stars were in the auctions as well.

I never know what info I might wish I had in the future. Every little bit of data can paint a better picture of the whole story/situation.
SME
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by SME »

Keropi wrote:Thanks for your help everyone. I was taking notes on some of my auction wins and figured I might as well write down how many stars were in the auctions as well.

I never know what info I might wish I had in the future. Every little bit of data can paint a better picture of the whole story/situation.
That almost sounds like me! I keep a detailed Excel spreadsheet of my auction winnings and how much they've cost. Granted, it's a little outdated right now, but it's nice to see my spending habits and how I've acquired my cels. I think I'm borderline obsessive-compulsive. ^^
  • "If us girls can't be strong, then we can't protect the boys we love." - Naoko Takeuchi
  • "Anyone who sees me has a date with his maker." - Shinigami
  • "WHAT!??! Men in pink!? How bizarre!" - Vegeta
  • This message has been approved by Welcome Consumer...got questions? She's got answers. :P
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

SME wrote:That almost sounds like me! I keep a detailed Excel spreadsheet of my auction winnings and how much they've cost. Granted, it's a little outdated right now, but it's nice to see my spending habits and how I've acquired my cels. I think I'm borderline obsessive-compulsive. ^^
Yeah I'm keeping track of:

1. The Xth number of the auction win I had from the series
2. Date the auction ended
3. Final auction price
4. YJ Seller/dealer name or Mandarake EDA/BWA
5. Xth number of the auction from the series that I've ever run across
6. My high bid amount
7. Other auction bidders and their bidding amounts
8. Noteworthy wins in favorites links
9. Noteworthy wins on interesting series