Anyone Bidding on the Big Web Auctions?

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Anyone Bidding on the Big Web Auctions?

Post by star-phoenix »

If anyone is registered for the BWA, would anyone help me bid on a couple of auctions? I am not registered for the BWA, but there are a few items I would really like to go for. Please PM me if anyone can. Thanks! :-)
usamamo
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by usamamo »

LOL. I just found somthing I would have wanted. But is too late for me to register. X|
" I'm Usagi Tsukino, 16 years old...in the first year of high school. I'm a bit rash and a crybaby...but, I'm actually an agent of love and justice....pretty Sailor Soldier, Sailor Moon"
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Post by EternityOfPain »

Actually I dont think its to late, I believe the entry payment to get in is instant meaning once you pay it with a CC a few seconds later your in. Might want to check with someone who did pay the entry and ask how long it took to go through just to make sure.
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime runs my life. I'll leave it to anime to where my life leads me. -EoP
Anime I have Seen
Slippery slopes of hellish Ice.
redwolf
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by redwolf »

I once registered half an hour before a BWA auction ended. I think it was some time last year.
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Post by EternityOfPain »

did anyone else check out how high that chobits sketch set went for? 8O. Over 106,000 yen!
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime I have Seen
Ms. Poe

Post by Ms. Poe »

Yep...Isn't that ridiculous? They're gorgeous though!

I won something I really wanted, but couldn't believe the rabid collectors of the series didn't come out and go off the chain with the bidding at the end 8O! I have one more thing I'm waiting on...If I win that I'll be one happy yaoi fangirl ^_^/!
Image Image
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Post by EternityOfPain »

Ms. Poe wrote:Yep...Isn't that ridiculous? They're gorgeous though!
Yea I completely agree, I even threw in a bid to obtain it when I originally had no plan to collect the series. I was floored to see how high it went though (I knew i was going to be beat.. but not by such a large margin 8O). I hope someone here bought it.. I am curious to know what was included within the 52 sheets.
Anime I have Seen
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

I lost my auction.

Went for far more than I wanted it to but kept trying...eventually it just got crazy lol

ah well. 8)
marshallbanana2

Post by marshallbanana2 »

did anyone else check out how high that chobits sketch set went for? . Over 106,000 yen!
Um, yeah. I'll take credit for that. X|

Last year this time, Mandarake put up a absolutely gorgeous companion piece to it, a big pan shot of Freya and Elda rendered in the same way, heavy color pencil on the layout, &c. However, they did not post an image of the layout... or clearly indicate that it was a pan... which is why it came in for a little less than 50,000....

So, this time, thinking "wow, that can't go that high", I put a ludicrous bid on it, thinking it would never get there. We can see how that went.

I would wave the pan shot around for people to see, but do not have a hosted site to pull from. Sorry.
cscratch
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by cscratch »

A quick question about the BWA -- the two pan cels of the girls in swimsuits from Ranma are just gorgeous! I have not watched all of Ranma yet, so I'm not terribly familiar with Ukyo, which might explain my question.

I am curious about the price disparity between the two cels; considering one was of Shampoo, who seems to command a price premium over other characters in Ranma, and Ukyo; why did the Ukyo command such a high price over the Shampoo pan?

* Shampoo - BWA (59,600JPY): http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 0930100003

* Ukyo - everyday auction (174,200JPY): http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 4240100005

It is such a huge difference between the two - I would have thought the Shampoo would would have been the more expensive one. Any thoughts?
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

cscratch wrote:I am curious about the price disparity between the two cels; considering one was of Shampoo, who seems to command a price premium over other characters in Ranma, and Ukyo; why did the Ukyo command such a high price over the Shampoo pan?

* Shampoo - BWA (59,600JPY): http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 0930100003

* Ukyo - everyday auction (174,200JPY): http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 4240100005

It is such a huge difference between the two - I would have thought the Shampoo would would have been the more expensive one. Any thoughts?
Ukyo very rarely acts like a girl. She threw away her womanhood when Ranma's dad stole her father's okonomiyaki cart and ditched her. So, since she rarely acts "sexy," and this is one of maybe two times you see her in a swimsuit, it was bound to go for more. Plus, she is not cursed, which means no (or fewer, I can't remember if she's in any bath house scenes) naked shots of her.
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

I was wondering about the Ukyo cel too. While it is indeed rarer to see Ukyo acting feminine, that cel price was juz whacked. 8O Even Ranma hanken cels are not worth that much. I believe it was the work of 2 very competitive bidders; the price went jumping by leaps and bounds the last minute... I suspect if the starting bid was 170,000 yen, no one would have bidded :?
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

cscratch wrote:A quick question about the BWA -- the two pan cels of the girls in swimsuits from Ranma are just gorgeous! I have not watched all of Ranma yet, so I'm not terribly familiar with Ukyo, which might explain my question.

I am curious about the price disparity between the two cels; considering one was of Shampoo, who seems to command a price premium over other characters in Ranma, and Ukyo; why did the Ukyo command such a high price over the Shampoo pan?

Well seeing as though the bulk of what I collect cel-wise is Shampoo
I guess I should chime in :emb
Personally, I can say that Shampoo was not worth more
than $500 in my eyes (I think it went too high IMO).
:P
For one thing, she is poorly drawn at the body.
The shoulders are way too broad, the left arm is
twisted inwards at teh elbow too much and not a
hint of hips or waist. >_<;;

No offense whatsoever to anyone who might have won it
like I said, this is my own opinion.
I know I didnt even attempt to bid on it because
I was so heavily disappointed in the shot from the
neck down.
There are many other times in the episode and in
Ranma in general, where she is in a swimsuit and
looks much cuter and curvy.

I could see why the Ukyo went higher, like Collette mentioned
she rarely acts feminine and on top of that, she was a much
nicer shot than that Shampoo. S-Curvature galore!
:drool :love2:
Though I agree, the price was way astronimical but hey!
Someone must have played to win :)
I know if I had found my *perfect* Shampoo I would bid
just as high if not higher.
:wink: