Summer Mandarake BWA - Start July 9th

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Minouche
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Minouche »

The Trunks attacking was not a Hanken cel but a "matching cel" : production one and also used for a merchandise. This is a pretty rare thing, because not made only for the serie nor for a merchandise but both.

The Gogeta wasn't cheap I agree ^^ I won it and didn't noticed it was that cheap :D Even if you cannot see his face well, it is a rare character, so I'm happy :)
"When you want it, you can do it. If you can't do it, you have to !"

Minouche, White mage part time
http://minouche.rubberslug.com
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Minouche wrote:The Trunks attacking was not a Hanken cel but a "matching cel" : production one and also used for a merchandise. This is a pretty rare thing, because not made only for the serie nor for a merchandise but both.
It's not as rare as you may think. The Dragonball franchise produced several different card sets. I believe there were 32 different Amada PP sets, not to mention Dragonball Graffiti, Carddass, Hero sets and the plethora of cards produced for food promotions. A PP set usually consists of 42 cards, so, 32 sets....1344.

Here's a link for the Dragonball cards. You can see that the majority of them were taken from scenes from the anime:
http://www.anime-online.com/cards/

Looking at the PP set alone, let's say that1200 of the 1344 images were taken directly from the anime. That's still 1200 cels.

So, once again, it's not 'pretty rare' thing, but it's still pretty neat.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Regardless of whether it was used in production wouldn't it still be considered a Hanken as well since it was used for merchandise? I mean it would be considered a production cel as well as a hanken cel? I realize that many DBZ cels were used for that same purpose, but it would seem it would make them that much more valuable. :shrug
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Minouche
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Minouche »

Goldknight wrote:Regardless of whether it was used in production wouldn't it still be considered a Hanken as well since it was used for merchandise? I mean it would be considered a production cel as well as a hanken cel? I realize that many DBZ cels were used for that same purpose, but it would seem it would make them that much more valuable. :shrug
This is not a Hanken because a Hanken is only used for merchandise : this is a special drawing only made for it whereas a matching cel is both used in production and "as" a Hanken by the meaning of "used also for a mechandise".

I agree with you cutiebunny, but even if there are 1200 matching cels in DBZ, those cels are pretty hidden in japanese collections, so find one on auction is a rare thing. And even if there are many matching cels, the thing is that this one was pretty cool, not THE DREAM trunks, but a cool one though.
The price ? well, it's about 200M Y with fees so nearly 1900 USD. Ok, it's a bit too much. Personnally, I would have put 130M as my best bid. More I think it was too much, and 10 minutes before the auction ends, it was already more than 130M .:hurt: :hurt:
8O
"When you want it, you can do it. If you can't do it, you have to !"

Minouche, White mage part time
http://minouche.rubberslug.com
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

Strictly-Dragonball wrote:Also, did anybody notice the Movie 12 Gogeta cel that ended at $93? Lol, that's the cheapest I'll ever see one go for. Granted it wasn't a very good shot at all, you couldn't really see his face.
Lol I know. Congrats Minouche for getting it for such a great price. I personally thought that it's a nice action shot of him. The other DBZ auction that I had noticed was the Janeemba (I think that's her name) one:

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 9410100001

Over $1000 8O, granted it's a nice cel, but I saw a nice cel of her with the matching BG on YJ a while ago. I wasn't anywhere near that price.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Anyone else win anything exciting?
Sparta101
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sparta101 »

Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Strictly-Dragonball »

Wow 8O Nice SS3 close-up. I saw that and thought it was beautiful. Congrats Steven! :D So you still collect DBZ then pal?
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

'Love me when I least deserve it, for that is when I most need it'-Proverb
Sparta101
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sparta101 »

Wow Shocked Nice SS3 close-up. I saw that and thought it was beautiful. Congrats Steven! Very Happy So you still collect DBZ then pal?
Ye I still collect I only really wanted one cel of Goku ssj3, but if one of my wishlist cels pop up I might go for it.

I have become a lot more selective with what I collect I have even sold a good part of my collection so that I only have things that I really like.

Are you still collecting or are you still happy with your wishlist Gogeta?
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Oh I'm still happy with that for sure. :D I love it, thanks for all your help with that BTW, :)

I still collect. I haven't bought anything sice because I haven't seen anything I want. The Gogeta was my ultimate wish cel. But if a great cel comes along that I like I'd go for it.

Glad to see you still have your Guyver cels.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Sparta101 wrote:Well my purchase came today

http://stevens.rubberslug.com/gallery/m ... esID=34308
Wow congrat's on snagging that :^^: . I was hoping that Goku cel would reappear in a gallery.
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Speaking of Gogeta cels:

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=htt ... /114349165

This has to be the cheapest SS4 Gogeta cel I've ever seen 8O . It's an oversized cel too...
Sparta101
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sparta101 »

Glad to see you still have your Guyver cels.
Of course I don't think I could ever sell those now, I am still on the lookout for those, but all I have found are ridiculously over priced between 2-6 times their value.

Glad to see you are still collecting I know good DBZ cels are getting harder to find Anime Game hardly ever updates anymore either.
Speaking of Gogeta cels:

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=htt ... /114349165

This has to be the cheapest SS4 Gogeta cel I've ever seen Shocked . It's an oversized cel too...
Wow thats cheap if I know it would go for that I would of had a go same with this 1 http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=htt ... /e82918087
I know vegeto is no Gogeta, but $200 is still cheap.
Priss-chan
Kamisama - God

Post by Priss-chan »

It's not on the BWA, just the Everyday Auctions, but I did find a nice BGC genga/layout set (I swear I NEVER see BGC stuff on there!). Two hours left, we shall see how this goes ;)
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

That's a shame that you can't find any reasonable Guyver cels. :( But you know how it works, I know as well as anyone that patience goes a long way. :)

And as for the SS4 Gogeta I thought that was unbelievable. 8O I would have gone for it if I didn't already have one, and I would have paid over 4 times as much for that. It also looks like the BKG is matching too.

It's from the same sequence as the one that was on the BWA before that went over $1000 so I can't believe it ended at $250, that's just ridiculous. Why do you think that is? :?
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister