Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

samiamew wrote:
Ryouko wrote:Anyone notice how high this one went...? O_o

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 0660100003
I know 8O

I couldn't believe it myself -- I did try for the other OP (I liked that one better :love: ) but had to bow out when it started going too high as I really had my eye on another set-up that I just had to have 8)
I'm with you on that one. Hikaru was my least favorite of the three girls. Umi is less popular, but the (second season) opening sequence that shows her body is much shorter. Still, I am very glad that everyone was distracted by the later auction of Hikaru. It made Umi much cheaper than she would have been if she was the only one up for auction.

The economy must be affecting the prices though. The last time I saw a sequence-mate of that Hikaru on Mandarake was maybe three+ years ago. I remember bidding on it at the time and that the ending price was double at $4K.
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

LinaLoN wrote:I actually won an item there! :) Um, when are the payments due by, anyone know?
Congrats! :) Payment is due by November 15
samiamew
Kamisama - God

Post by samiamew »

graymouser wrote: The economy must be affecting the prices though. The last time I saw a sequence-mate of that Hikaru on Mandarake was maybe three+ years ago. I remember bidding on it at the time and that the ending price was double at $4K.
I must've gotten spoiled by the ones I've seen on Anime-Link and Anime-Asylum -- similar but not the same, huh? :P -- those were around $500+

Congrats on the Umi OP win -- she's beautiful :love2
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

I must've gotten spoiled by the ones I've seen on Anime-Link and Anime-Asylum -- similar but not the same, huh? Razz -- those were around $500+
No problem. I am pretty sure that Anime Link's transformation sequences come from the first season. I tend to prefer the second season because the girls are entirely painted. If I remember correctly, the first season cels have large unpainted areas where the background is supposed to show through. I am not a Rayearth expert so I may be getting them all confused though.

I also think the nude shots are prettier than the clothed shots. I think that may be why Asylum Anime's transformation cels are not as high.

Thank you. I am very excited to be getting Umi. I have owned Fuu for nearly five years and its nice to add another one of the girls.