now i can sleep. :wink:
toonybabe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by toonybabe »

Yay Caroline! You snagged it! Congrats!
toonybabe

Post by toonybabe »

I won my auction for the Unico genga but I definitely overbid! Now I gotta raise some funds! I have already posted a sale here on AB. I might even sell a couple of my Unico cels if anyone is interested!

This was my first BWA and the suspense and excitement nearly did me in. I might stay away from the next one. Congrats to everyone else who won something!
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I lost what I was after by 100 yen. Oh well. I like to tell myself that the high bidder was willing to pay tens of thousands of yen more than me. :)
gundamx2
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by gundamx2 »

This would mark the first time I participated in Mandarake's Big Web Auctions.

Luckily, there wasn't too much competition, so I was able to win (but the price still just had to double :cry: ):

http://www.gundamcrono.com/fig10/nube.jpg

This cel has multiple layers. One layer is of Nube's mouth and one of Miki's open mouth.

Luckily, the last layer, at least, had Miki with her own mouth (although not open). I tend to not like cels that have one layer with a character with no mouth and only able to have a mouth if another layer is applied.

This is what the last layers looks like (well, the last 2 layers just for the sake of being able to see Nube's mouth which is not there in the last layer):

http://www.gundamcrono.com/fig10/nube2.jpg

I like Miki's expression better in this last layer. It looks so different with her mouth open and closed (her mouth is opened so wide it looks like flies can enter :D ).

But, man, I can't believe how expensive the final total price was with Mandarake's extra fees for winning plus only allowing EMS for shipping and also add in the crappy exchange rate = a world of hurt :cry: .

Still, I don't regret getting this cel. I hope to watch the anime soon even if there are no subs.

But, I understand now why some of you say things like, "Phew, nothing I want this time around, so I'm safe." :)
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

What a beauty

Post by kathpatty »

That is one beautiful cel !! :OMG
Congratulations !! :yay :yay :yay :yay
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ah...so you acquired it anime unseen? That's interesting.

When I seen some nice Hell Teacher Nube background cels pop up some time back, I went to look for my Nube fansubs and couldn't find any. I went and bought the most reasonable Nube anime I could find. That turned out to be one of the Nube movies.

I can't recall if it was used or not.

Congratulations on getting it. :)
Last edited by Keropi on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDKiller1
Senpai - Elder

Post by MDKiller1 »

That is a pretty nice cel. I do have to agree with you though I like the 2nd picture better.

Grats on winning it!
"Look what I'm offering you-- your dreams I ask for so little. Just let me rule you, and you can have everything that you want. Just fear me, Love me, Do as I say, and I will be your slave"
gundamx2
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by gundamx2 »

Thanks everyone. :)

Yea, I do tend to buy certain cels even if I have never watched the anime yet. Sometimes, some cels look so good that I can't resist. When you look at the cel, it's almost like you can hear it screaming, "Buy MEEE NOWW!!!" lol. 8O

For this series, I have known about it for some time. I have always wanted to watch it but never seen any place that had the entire series subbed, which is why I recently posted that thread asking if anyone knew a place to watch Hell Teacher Nube (I might add that I waited asking that question only after I was able to confirm winning the cel in order not to attract any attention.... [I am so evil :evil:]

I recall seeing some very good Nube cels in the past, and now kind of regret I didn't get into the series at that time. Oh well.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

gundamx2 wrote:(I might add that I waited asking that question only after I was able to confirm winning the cel in order not to attract any attention....
I can't blame you there since I do that all the time. Although the chances of attracting someone who wouldn't have bid on it otherwise is pretty low (unless if it's maybe from a popular series). But all it takes is one other person to raise the price.

The truth is some people search for things much more fervently once they know they exist.
toonybabe

Post by toonybabe »

Congratulations! I love all the pink! And I actually like the one with her mouth open. I know what you mean about the price of the BWA - the final price is almost $100 more than the ending price of the auction. But I can't wait to get my Unico genga!
gundamx2
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by gundamx2 »

Thanks. :D

Can't wait to see your super prized Unico items. :D