anyone wanna explain this

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

anyone wanna explain this

Post by kira »

https://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/ite ... 6810100001

now if this is original, i can understand the ending total for it.

if this is a copy, then someone's smoking some major crack.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

There must be something that Japanese collectors see in copy storyboards that we don't, because this is not the first time I've seen a copy sell for a ridiculous price.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

That IS pretty expensive.

Does the Japanese listing say anything else about the auction?

I would value storyboards more if I were able to read them. The drawings in that storyboard look better than most storyboards I've seen.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I can only assume that Crazy Shrine Maidens must be more popular in Japan, or at least have a stronger cult of devotees, than over here. It seems an interesting take on the Pygmalion story (guy carves a woman from a sacred shrine tree that's fallen down, it comes alive due to its indwelling kami having been injured but not killed, kami needs his "body warmth" to help save the world).

Interesting but not $700 interesting. It is true that collectables sometimes command higher prices than one-of-a-kind artworks.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

i think thats just sad. i mean with the original artwork at least you know that you have something thats one of a kind and used in the making of your favorite show... but the things actually made to be sold ... its just... seems so cold.. idunno.
its just wrong. :?
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

sensei wrote:I can only assume that Crazy Shrine Maidens must be more popular in Japan, or at least have a stronger cult of devotees, than over here. It seems an interesting take on the Pygmalion story (guy carves a woman from a sacred shrine tree that's fallen down, it comes alive due to its indwelling kami having been injured but not killed, kami needs his "body warmth" to help save the world).

Interesting but not $700 interesting. It is true that collectables sometimes command higher prices than one-of-a-kind artworks.
Someone either likes Shrine Maidens alot... or Thought that this was an original Storyboard.

Alot of new collectors make the mistake of thinking it's an original storyboard.
lcatino
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by lcatino »

It looks like a copy to me. X|

~ Beauty is everywhere. You just have to open your eyes. ~
Blaster
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Blaster »

I don't think there's anything more in it other than the fact it is Kannagi, and it's from ep 1.

Kannagi was very big over in Japan - from what I've read (Can't blame them - I thought it was a great series too ^_^) So big in fact that a fan pain 22,000yen for a fan club card auctioned on YJ

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g67119928
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

Blaster wrote:I don't think there's anything more in it other than the fact it is Kannagi, and it's from ep 1.

Kannagi was very big over in Japan - from what I've read (Can't blame them - I thought it was a great series too ^_^) So big in fact that a fan pain 22,000yen for a fan club card auctioned on YJ

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g67119928
DAMN!
I once paid 1000yen for a Fushigi Yuugi fan club card on YJ.... and I thought i was crazy for doing that. :hurt: