$350 for Settei? (another "why so high?")

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Nelia
Kishin - Fierce God

$350 for Settei? (another "why so high?")

Post by Nelia »

I understand that Mononoke is extremely rare and very loved by it's fans, but $300 for some Settei? These aren't like... REAL settei, they're merely copies ("normal" settei sheets), right?

https://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/ite ... 8530100019

*scratches head...*
moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by moonrabitt »

Maybe someone was drunk? :shrug Or maybe they thought that they where
real???? I once bid on something that I thought was real (big mistake to bid before waiting for them to add the description)
But still, they are Settei....so that's weird....I'm sure that if you wait a while more settei from this show will pop up.....
Some say that life is like a box of chocolates, I say life is like a box of cake.
chibikitty2045
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by chibikitty2045 »

Maybe the seller uses it as a base to create/sell their own copies? Sounds foolish i know, but i am perplexed as well
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

If I knew which copy settings would go up in price a lot, I would invest in those. I'd try to go after the color copies.

Imagine buying a $40 copy settei and later sellling it for $200. Some copy setteis go in the $650 to $850+ range, but that seems to be unusual.
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

$300 may seem a lot but I've spent almost as much as that on 2 sets before. These weren't even 'popular' shows either (compared to a Ghibli production) but it depends if you have any competition from other fans.

For those interested in knowing what the two series I bought were, they were Angel Blade and Yamibou.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Sounds like Krafty is a High Roller. :D
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Keropi wrote:Sounds like Krafty is a High Roller. :D
*Ha ha* I wish!
A while back I was in the habit of spending ALL my money on anime artwork; I've now cut back significantly as I've been buying video games, having my tattoo finished off and trying to pay off some of my credit cards.

However the last weekend I bought a cel from Mezzo Forte. That was $266 but I don't want to slip back to my old ways!