Mandarake Fall BWA - Going for Anything?

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I am happy that I won the majority of items that I wanted. I hope someone here won the Chikorita(Pokemon) hanken that I was going for - I'd hate to see it vanish into a private collection.

Congrats aethel on winning the Miyu shikishi and to everyone else who won something :)
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Captain Haddock wrote:Wait and see what I've got coming soon on my website he he it really is pretty cool... Well at least you'll certainly appreciate it.
Anyhoo I'm curious did you win anything you were after?
Sounds good, I'll be checking out your site- not that I need an excuse with those Akira, Ninja Scroll and VHD goodies! If it's something from Ninja Scroll in particular, you'll have me leaking all sorts of bodily fluid, LOL

I did win the main auction I was going for, Angel Blade artwork (copy genga and original BGs) so I'm very pleased about that. Perhaps I hae majinuub to thank for not driving up the price too ;)
The other auction (Hakkenden shuusei) surpassed my budget of roughly 40,000yen and cemented the fact in my mind that beautiful drawings will always command high prices.

Well done to everyone who came up trumps in this round of the BWA and to those who didn't win- think of the money you've saved!
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

Hey Krafty, it's up now check out my update thread (I'm about to post) you'll find it on there. Well you won't be surprised to hear I have mutual feelings towards your site. You've got so much ace stuff it's hard to know where to look sometimes! 8O Ha ha I have to concede that I won't ask for details on the leakage though!

Well 50/50 is all fair in love and cel warfare and BWA's are always tough at the best of times. So well done for winning and that goes for everyone else who came up trumps!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

So the Tokimeki Memorial OVA cels went for their opening bid prices:

Perhaps people just prefer seeing Shiori with bright red hair instead of sepia:
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 5550100003

The child Shiori was too small an image:
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 9630100001

The Doukyuusei 2 hanken went for 50,100yen...interesting:
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 0710100003

Hope everyone is happy with they're wins. :)
aethel
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by aethel »

Keropi wrote:So the Tokimeki Memorial OVA cels went for their opening bid prices:
Now, I'm sure if they'd been GAME cels...

(Well actually if they'd been games cels I would have cried, because I broke myself on what I did buy, and I would have wanted to bid on them too. :) )
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah...I'd love to see animated parts of games I played up for sale. :)

But you know how likely that is to happen...not much. :(

Sad. :bawl
aethel
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by aethel »

Keropi wrote:Yeah...I'd love to see animated parts of games I played up for sale. :)
I wasn't attempting to turn this into a plug, but I do have a cel of Yukari from the opening animation for sale on my site if you're interested in such things. (I had to buy it as a part of a set to get a Rei cel.)
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Strictly-Dragonball »

Some incredible prices this time around :hurt: There wasn't any items that interested me, as there was a grand total of one DBZ cel. Granted it was an amazing cel, that went for over $2000 8O

If that Vegeta pan can sell for 2K, then the Father/Son Kamehameha shot on YJ should sell for 3K.

How do Mandarake do it? They always have incredible items but some of the prices are so astonishingly high.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

'Love me when I least deserve it, for that is when I most need it'-Proverb
aethel
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by aethel »

Strictly-Dragonball wrote: How do Mandarake do it? They always have incredible items but some of the prices are so astonishingly high.
Probably part of it is just that they're able to usher so many collectors to one place at one time. I don't check YJ remotely every day, but when BWA time comes around I always take a look. I'm sure there have been many cels over the years that I would have bid up if I'd seen the auction.

Take that same idea and multiply it across lots of collectors.. that's my best guess.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

aethel wrote:I wasn't attempting to turn this into a plug, but I do have a cel of Yukari from the opening animation for sale on my site if you're interested in such things. (I had to buy it as a part of a set to get a Rei cel.)
Ah!...I remember seeing that or something very similar up for sale or auction somewhere. I can't recall where I seen it though. :(

So you have a Rei cel? I think you might have brought it up before, but I don't recall ever seeing it.

Me <-- Bad Memory

I never had much luck playing the game. The girls would always get mad at me after awhile. I wasn't able to balance out the stats properly. :D

Have you ever seen Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai episode 8 where they do the ren'ai game parodies and got Mami Kingetsu and someone else (?Emiru's seiyuu from Sentimental Graffiti) to do light parodies of their gaming characters? (They also had a slight AIR joke in there back before I even knew much about AIR)
Xelloss
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Xelloss »

I'm in the middle of closing on my first home, so I've been understandably picky, but did pick up one. I'm also going out of town on a business trip. Does anyone know when BWA payments are due this time? I didn't see the date on their site anymore. I'm trying to time it, if possible, so it arrives at a time where it's less likely to be sent back.

Thanks,

- Karen
aethel
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by aethel »

Keropi wrote:
Ah!...I remember seeing that or something very similar up for sale or auction somewhere. I can't recall where I seen it though. :(

So you have a Rei cel? ...

I never had much luck playing the game.
A much-treasured Rei cel. One of my favorite media characters ever.
(You may have seen the Yukari cel on YJ, that's where I acquired the set.)

http://aethel.net/cels/sale/tokimemo/yukari/yukari.html
http://aethel.net/cels/keep/production/rei/rei.html

When I got the game, I also got some Japanese game guides for it. That helped considerably since I could see the kanji even when I didn't understand it all. Later, I found some cheat codes and well.. then it was easy :-)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ooh...nice Rei cel. Congratulations on getting it. :)

Yeah, I guess it must have been on YJ where I seen the Yukari cel sometime ago. That must have been the cel shown in the thumbnail which is why I'm more familiar with it.
When I got the game, I also got some Japanese game guides for it. That helped considerably since I could see the kanji even when I didn't understand it all. Later, I found some cheat codes and well.. then it was easy :)
I had to use the cheat codes as well. If I hadn't it would have taken me forever to obtain anyone's story ending except for Miharu's. :D