Hi everybody,

Please find below 45 pages of cels, original works in Zenbu 46 - Mandarake:
http://www.casimages.com/photos/KLAUS

Bye,

KLAUS
cscratch
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by cscratch »

That's awesome - thanks so much Klaus! Looks like some nice CCS & Evangelion stuff this go round.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Thanks, Klaus.

I agree - there is some nice stuff around this time :)
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

totally noob me me, but could anyone explain to me what this is about?
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:totally noob me me, but could anyone explain to me what this is about?
No problem.

Four times a year, the site, www.mandarake.co.jp, has a thing called a Big Web Auction(BWA). You pay 500 yen to bid on any items on the auction. Unlike their Everyday auctions, in addition to paying to bid, you also pay a 10% commission on all items that you win. It's not that bad if the item you want ends at $100, but if it ends at $8000, it could really hurt.

Typically, items on the BWA are rarer & of a higher caliber than the Everyday Auctions. It's a good chance to find harder to find titles, however, as the auctions are open to everyone with a Mandarake ID, it also means that the prices will likely be higher than what you could find on Yahoo Japan.

Mandarake releases catalogs prior to the BWA, and that's what Klaus scanned. This way, people hever have a good idea as to whether or not they should participate.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Thanks for doing that. It looks interesting.

Does anyone know what the show in the top right corner of page 21 is? It looks familiar.
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Does anyone know what the show in the top right corner of page 21 is? It looks familiar.
It looked like Berserk to me?? But the pic is too small and not quite clear enough when I enlarged it for me to feel sure about that.... Anyway it looks to me like Guts and Casca could be 2 of them, but I'm not recognizing the guy at the bottom...I could be totally wrong, heh.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Argh!!! Now I may have to register. I just can't ever make up my mind. These BWA always go for insane prices. What would normally be fairly reasonable on YJ or something is nuts on BWA. Hmmmm /hmm What to do. Thanks for posting those Klaus! I can't believe it's already time for another BWA. 8O Definitely some high end pieces in there that will be interesting to watch. 8O
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Massacrist Manslayer »

Sky Rat wrote:
It looked like Berserk to me?? But the pic is too small and not quite clear enough when I enlarged it for me to feel sure about that.... Anyway it looks to me like Guts and Casca could be 2 of them, but I'm not recognizing the guy at the bottom...I could be totally wrong, heh.
Had a quick advanture, very hard to read the name of anime underneath the cel, in the find came up with "Yotoden, Wrath of the Ninja" I believe? if someone can correct me on this. Never seen the anime it self. Yes at first was thinking the same about the cel, berserk but Guts has one huge sword an not a speer.

/eyes: A lot of Studio Glibli goodies in the list.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

cutiebunny wrote:
theultimatebrucelee wrote:totally noob me me, but could anyone explain to me what this is about?
No problem.

Four times a year, the site, www.mandarake.co.jp, has a thing called a Big Web Auction(BWA). You pay 500 yen to bid on any items on the auction. Unlike their Everyday auctions, in addition to paying to bid, you also pay a 10% commission on all items that you win. It's not that bad if the item you want ends at $100, but if it ends at $8000, it could really hurt.

Typically, items on the BWA are rarer & of a higher caliber than the Everyday Auctions. It's a good chance to find harder to find titles, however, as the auctions are open to everyone with a Mandarake ID, it also means that the prices will likely be higher than what you could find on Yahoo Japan.

Mandarake releases catalogs prior to the BWA, and that's what Klaus scanned. This way, people hever have a good idea as to whether or not they should participate.
ah cool, thanks alot!

so when will all these items be listed?

and also, to pay 500yen to bid, do they charge after you win auction or before you can bid?

I have a mandarake account to buy normal things, with it I can bid on big auctions right?
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Had a quick advanture, very hard to read the name of anime underneath the cel, in the find came up with "Yotoden, Wrath of the Ninja" I believe? if someone can correct me on this. Never seen the anime it self. Yes at first was thinking the same about the cel, berserk but Guts has one huge sword an not a speer.
Ahh, ok! I couldn't make out the writing at all!!! I agree the weapon seemed wrong for Guts (the girl didn't have the right outfit on either,) but that guy at the top looked so very much like Guts to me it was my best guess. I haven't seen that show in several years so I thought maybe it was from some special sequence or based on the manga or something. Thanks for the better answer!!

There a definitely a few items in there I'd love to bid on if I had tons of cash. Sadly I don't, so I'm just going to be watching.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:ah cool, thanks alot!

It looks like the first auctions end on April 11. Generally, they have the auctions up a week before that. So, I would say that around April 4, you should see it listed on the main page of Mandarake as "Big Web Auction".
and also, to pay 500yen to bid, do they charge after you win auction or before you can bid?
Before you bid. Gotta pay to play. :)
I have a mandarake account to buy normal things, with it I can bid on big auctions right?
Yes, you just go to the 'registration' part of the homepage and sign up. That's also when you would pay your BWA registration fee.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Massacrist Manslayer wrote:Had a quick advanture, very hard to read the name of anime underneath the cel, in the find came up with "Yotoden, Wrath of the Ninja" I believe?
Ah yes Yotoden! Thanks.

I remember watching that when my computer went down and I had nothing better to do than to watch oldies but goodies.

They often seem to have Tokimeki Memorial items in BWAs. This time they have another Shiori cel.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

cutiebunny wrote:
theultimatebrucelee wrote:ah cool, thanks alot!

It looks like the first auctions end on April 11. Generally, they have the auctions up a week before that. So, I would say that around April 4, you should see it listed on the main page of Mandarake as "Big Web Auction".
Before you bid. Gotta pay to play. :)
Yes, you just go to the 'registration' part of the homepage and sign up. That's also when you would pay your BWA registration fee.
then I shall register right away, thanks again!
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:
Massacrist Manslayer wrote:Had a quick advanture, very hard to read the name of anime underneath the cel, in the find came up with "Yotoden, Wrath of the Ninja" I believe?
Ah yes Yotoden! Thanks.

I remember watching that when my computer went down and I had nothing better to do than to watch oldies but goodies.

They often seem to have Tokimeki Memorial items in BWAs. This time they have another Shiori cel.
don't tell me your gonna bid on that keropi..I was planing on bidding on it..nooooooooo :l