Zenbu 49

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

sensei wrote:That's the one really desirable CCS piece so far as I'm concerned.
Agreed. Too bad the mouth layer is missing. :(
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Out of curiousity...who won the SSJ Chibis Hanken from DBZ? I tried for it, but then fell asleep. It ended at such a screwy time for me. :bawl :bawl :bawl
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by ginga123 »

drat! X| i saw this post too late and there's a saturn hanken up for auction. boo hoo! :l lol
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

Wow. 8O

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 0310100001

It is a nice moment in the series, but with the commission and the yen to US exchange rate, that makes it about $700... and Sakura's mouth layer is missing. :puzzled Cardcaptor Sakura BWA items are really going high this time around.
Joost

Post by Joost »

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 2530100001

I placed a bid on this, but it went a little bit above my limit :hurt: :wink:
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Yes, but that ["Evil Sakura"] is a nice item. (Edit: And that was a superb piece that you went for Joost ... my condolences for your loss and compliments on your good taste in items to lose.) I'm happy and not surprised that it [ES] went high. And there's no charge to watch, except for the popcorn.

And in other BWA action:

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 2230100001

8O ditto 8O

A very nice hanken genga, but a 100,000+ JPY closing price seems to indicate that post-holiday CCS prices are again on the climb.

Any bets on how high the Syaoran OP1 cel will go? That struck me as being the high-ticket CCS item of this year's BWA. Currently it's sitting at 135,800 JPY with 13 hours to run. If it spikes through 286,000 JPY (as I think it well might), it earns a spot on my "Top Ten CCS prices."

(500,000 JPY for the Ep. 70 episode-ender cel, paid in 11/07 by a SMJ user on a YJ auction, is now the tops, with the others mostly falling in the 300,000-400,000 JPY range.)

Sensei hugs his Syaoran cel one more time.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Angelic-Lair wrote:Cardcaptor Sakura BWA items are really going high this time around.
For real! 8O
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 0280100001
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

(sigh) Yup..I was after that episode 35 CCS cel too. I was hoping to completely reunite the four background set, but, the auction went far too high for me to justify purchasing it for reunification purposes.

As for the CCS douga hanken, I'm guessing that rallihir might have gotten it? I know he owns the matching cel.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

I won the Evil Sakura cel auction, so i'm pretty happy to at least get the item i wanted the most out of this BWA. The other two CCS cels i was interested in went for a ridiculous amount of money, so i just got a soda and some crisps and watched the other bidders fight over them.

I can sort of understand the Tomoyo and Syaoran cels going really high, as good non-Sakura OP cels are rare. The CCS hanken genga though seemed to go for far more than it should have, especially since there have been several very nice CCS rough hanken genga on YJ and Mandarake recently that went for fairly low amounts.

The FMA bidding group seems to have been really lucky, though. That huge FMA hanken genga lot didn't go for anywhere near as much as i would have imagined.
Joost

Post by Joost »

And I'm glad about the FMA hanken :)
never tought to have such a bargain in a BWA 8)
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Well, I don't think it made it into your top CCS list, Sensei, but for a non key cel, it still ended pretty high.

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 0290100001
sensei

Post by sensei »

It's a very fine image and not a bad price considering. I hope that Rallihir or some other enterprising Betarian nabbed it.
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

I'd been watching those CCS cels and only placed a bid on one of the production cels, but the prices were in excess of what I would have considered "reasonable" for those cels. In any event, it looks like there are some other deep pocketed CCS collectors out there.

Considering my emphasis on hankens, I did bid on the hanken genga of one of the CCS hanken cels that I already own, but when the bidding went over $1000 USD, I decided I was happy with having the original hanken even though the hanken genga were all done by Mariko Fujita. I did win a shikishi that was a great deal that generated some news on ANN back about 2 years ago.
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Holy %@$#! That's ridiculous.
Makes me appreciative of the Takahashi
shikishis I have. >,<
I remember when you could buy 'em off of ebay
for $3-400 from folks that went to Comic Con/AX '00