I know it's popular, but damn that's a lot of yen.

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, there are a number of shows where I've never seen more than 10-12 sketch sets from them. Some of them were only a handful. It's kind of sad, but if you're trying to collect from them 1-4 years after they last appeared it can be difficult. This is of course not counting the stuff circulating in Japan because I don't have much information on those. I can only go by what I can seen trickle out and what I've been told.

Now sometimes quite a few of them show up at a later date such as was the case with Asatte no Houkou. You just hope that the show you like is one of those that does that. Some shows I still haven't seen go to auction even though I know they're out there because they were definitely placed up for sale in the past. One can only hope that someone feels like selling off their stash someday.

Do you remember how common Tokyo Underground sketches used to be years ago? They were a dime a dozen. You hardly ever see them now. Although some of that is because someone probably got tired of listing the same stuff up for sale forever and gave up. :D