BWA Reg Question

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
KuroiTsubasa4
Kamisama - God

BWA Reg Question

Post by KuroiTsubasa4 »

Sorry to ask this question but I'm a newbie. I'm considering bidding in this month's BWA and I'm a bit confused by the fees. In the FAQ it says overseas customers will be charged 550 yen but then later it mentions a 1575 yen fee will be charged to your credit card. Does some of this get refunded? Is it perhaps just a flat 1575 or is it 550 plus the 1575? And a harder question to those who may be living in Japan as foreigners...is there a way to avoid this fee if you live in Japan? Though the fee info seems to show up on the Japanese page as well... I'm aware that the BWA auctions can go very high so it would be nice to save even just a little bit on this reg fee XD Thanks for any info you can offer :)
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: BWA Reg Question

Post by zerospace »

The 550 yen fee is what you pay if you just register to participate during the auction (done through the auctions site -- I've only ever registered after the auction starts, and have never been charged more than the 550 yen). The higher fee is usually for a copy of the actual catalog (the Zenbu) which includes registration. At least, that's been my understanding of it for a long time. ;)
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Unless something changed, overseas participants are charged a 550 yen fee in order to participate. The 1575 fee is if you want the BWA catalog, and in that case, the 550 yen fee is already included. So, you can either opt to buy the catalog (and pay for foriegn shipping) and your participation fee is already included, or you can simply sign up to participate in the auction for 550 yen.

Most people opt for the latter.

You also do not get a refund of the participation fee in the event that you win/don't win any items.
KuroiTsubasa4
Kamisama - God

Post by KuroiTsubasa4 »

Wow, that was fast 0_0 Thanks you two :) Not too worried about the 550 fee then. Technically I'm not overseas but as it's near impossible for me to get a Japanese credit card (they even denied my $100 limit application XD) I doubt I'll avoid that fee ;) Thanks again and good luck to everyone!
Frosty
Anime Geek

Post by Frosty »

*LOL* Don't mind the 550 Yen! Be sure this will be a teeny-weeny amount compared with the amount that some auctions will reach :D But nevertheless best luck to get a bargain even though this happens once in a blue moon :wink:
It's Better to Burn Out than to Fade Away!
KuroiTsubasa4
Kamisama - God

Post by KuroiTsubasa4 »

Haha, yeah... Every little bit counts though XD As a newbie, I doubt I'm prepared to dole out that much in one go quite yet, but it's fun to watch the auctions. If I see one I'd like stay within a reasonable price, I'll throw in my bid ;)
anruiukimi
Anime Geek

Post by anruiukimi »

Good luck! There's some nice stuff up right now, as we talked about a few days ago. :D