Next BWA - Zenbu 55

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Re: Next BWA - Zenbu 55

Post by iceman57 »

rosesleep wrote:That is beautiful, iceman! Congrats on your win :-)
Nah, hardly matches with your stunning classics ;)
A pivotal vision of the 1980s, a girl, a working girl, in a decade that will bring women out of kitchens. Turning the main male character to be on background.
And those eyes, those lovely eyes... Now time to restore this piece and bring it back to a new life through live exhibits.
Siye wrote:Does anyone know if Mandarake actually replies back to questions during these auctions?

I'd like to see some larger photos but I haven't heard back in days :/
Add "Dear Kono San" in your e-mail introduction, to directly pop in the right mailbox. Had exchanges with this person on my e-mails today in order to arrange shipment.
Note that Monday is bank holiday in Japan, then you may have to wait till Tuesday for a reply.
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Eternal Squall wrote:
majinuub wrote:Am I the only one that thinks the zenbus have been pretty meh so far this year. Don't get me wrong there were 1 or 2 pieces that were nice but I've yet to see anything jaw dropping.
Double Meh! This is the first BWA I haven't followed something......thats why it gets double meh!
I totally agree with Majinuub; the past couple of BWA's, for me, have contained nothing special nor interesting. Which is unfortunate as I can remember past Zenbus being jammed full of items to watch & lust after only a few years ago?
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
KuroiTsubasa4
Kamisama - God

Post by KuroiTsubasa4 »

As a CCS collector I was pretty happy, but wow did the cels exceed what I figured was their value. I thought I'd be safe bidding on Syaoran seeing as he isn't nearly as popular as Sakura and his cel still shot up very quickly during the last few minutes. (Then continued to increase painfully slowly as bidding extended into extra hours XD) Suffice to say I didn't win XD Oh well. Maybe as a newbie I'm just not accustomed to what BWA cels go for, but I know YAJ cels are a lot easier to win for me ^_^;
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Siye wrote:Does anyone know if Mandarake actually replies back to questions during these auctions?

I'd like to see some larger photos but I haven't heard back in days :/
I have received answers back in the past, but make sure your question is specific otherwise the answer will be vague. I have never asked for additional pics.

As for the auctions, won one, lost one.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Sui Kune
Kamisama - God

Post by Sui Kune »

My first BWA victory arrived today.

I'm still speechless I even won, I was fully expecting not to. I'm clearly biased, but I believe this was the best Sailormoon cel put up this round. She's absolutely jaw-dropping in person. I feel so grateful to have her, and if I bid against anyone here, my apologies. I promise to take the best care of her.

kaworu5

Post by kaworu5 »

ReiTheJelly wrote:Sold for ~$1500 (incl. Mandy's commission): http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 0290100007

Most of the CCS pieces have ended really high, so far. A few of them, IMHO, ended much higher than their actual market value, but that's the BWA for ya!
Sorry I’m late for the party. That was me. It was a bit more than I wanted to pay, but I got the other omake battle costume cel two BWAs ago, so I had to go all out. It didn’t go as high as the OP3 cel, which someone wanted a bit more than me, apparently.
KuroiTsubasa4 wrote:As a CCS collector I was pretty happy, but wow did the cels exceed what I figured was their value. I thought I'd be safe bidding on Syaoran seeing as he isn't nearly as popular as Sakura and his cel still shot up very quickly during the last few minutes. (Then continued to increase painfully slowly as bidding extended into extra hours XD) Suffice to say I didn't win XD Oh well. Maybe as a newbie I'm just not accustomed to what BWA cels go for, but I know YAJ cels are a lot easier to win for me ^_^;
The painfully slow bidding was me. I really wanted this cel, but I also really wanted to test out the bidding mechanics. The rule says that bidding will be extended in 5 minute increments at a max of 2 hours. I decided to test that. Turns out I was bidding 2 ½ hours after the end of the auction. I decided to stop once it got on the edge of 50K yen, since I would imagine someone bid that nice, round number.
KuroiTsubasa4
Kamisama - God

Post by KuroiTsubasa4 »

Yeah, it seemed longer than 2 hours. It already exceeded what I was willing to pay so it didn't really affect me. I just kept checking back to see what the ending price was and found myself saying "It's STILL going?!" It's no fun though when you're still in the bid war during those extended hours >.<

Do you have a gallery? I love seeing other CCS galleries. <3
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

The painfully slow bidding was me. I really wanted this cel, but I also really wanted to test out the bidding mechanics. The rule says that bidding will be extended in 5 minute increments at a max of 2 hours. I decided to test that. Turns out I was bidding 2 ½ hours after the end of the auction. I decided to stop once it got on the edge of 50K yen, since I would imagine someone bid that nice, round number.
Wow - you purposely pushed someone to thier max, and quit because you were testing the system? :hurt:

I am sure glad I wasn't the person bidding. I would have been pissed. :roll: