Hi,

For reference, 26 pages of cels of zenbu 55:
http://www.casimages.com/photos/KLAUS

See you,

KLAUS
kaworu5

Re: Zenbu 55

Post by kaworu5 »

Thank you so much for your work on this! It is really nice to see all the past BWA cels... that I missed out on. :l
Tsunami3k
Anime Geek

Post by Tsunami3k »

kaworu5 wrote:Thank you so much for your work on this! It is really nice to see all the past BWA cels... that I missed out on. :l
You joined today? Are you stalking me?! Anyhow, please forgive my ignorance but what are BWA cels?
kaworu5

Post by kaworu5 »

Tsunami3k wrote:You joined today? Are you stalking me?! Anyhow, please forgive my ignorance but what are BWA cels?
Hahaha!! I laughed so hard when I realized that you were the second newest member. I think we may have found out about Beta the same way. Definitely one of the best internet finds as of late for me, and you know I'm not a forum person.

BWA is short for Big Web Auction. It is Mandarake's seasonal auction where they generally display their best stuff. Zenbu is a booklet displaying (all of?) the auctions in that season's BWA. If you buy Zenbu, you don't have to pay a registration fee. If you get a yearly subscription to Zenbu, you also get Neo Mandarake booklet where only those subscribers can get cels through drawings. Not 100% sure how that works, though. There are a couple of great EVA cels in the next one.

Of course, I've only participated in the last few BWA, so if some of that's wrong, someone please correct me.
Tsunami3k
Anime Geek

Post by Tsunami3k »

kaworu5 wrote:BWA is short for Big Web Auction. It is Mandarake's seasonal auction where they generally display their best stuff. Zenbu is a booklet displaying (all of?) the auctions in that season's BWA. If you buy Zenbu, you don't have to pay a registration fee. If you get a yearly subscription to Zenbu, you also get Neo Mandarake booklet where only those subscribers can get cels through drawings. Not 100% sure how that works, though. There are a couple of great EVA cels in the next one.

Of course, I've only participated in the last few BWA, so if some of that's wrong, someone please correct me.
Doh! I guess I sort of knew, I just hadn't put a site to the acronym. I had no clue about the Zenbu/Neo Mandarake booklets. So can those outside of Japan get a subscription? If so, how much? I've only noticed the seasonal BWA fee on the site so I'm guessing this is a bit off of the beaten path?

Anyway, glad to see you on the forums. It makes an already immediately friendly place all the more inviting.
kaworu5

Post by kaworu5 »

Looks like it's possible for them to be shipped internationally. Each Zenbu is 1500 yen and 6000 for annual subscription. I thought shipping was 800 yen for SAL per booklet, but now that I look again, it seems to be 800 for the year, 200 per book, which isn't that bad. Of course, it jumps to 1500 yen per book for EMS. And the big perk of having the book is seeing all the auctions before they go live on the site, so EMS would have to be the way to go. I may get one someday just for the fact to say "this thing in this book is on my wall!"