Payment's time limit

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Thanatos
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Payment's time limit

Post by Thanatos »

Hello,

If possible, I would like someone to tell me how much time does Mandarake give to pay a regular auction after it was won.

Thanks in advance :).
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Re: Payment's time limit

Post by teggacat »

five days after you receive the invoice from them,
first you make the order [confirm the auction win] then they
send the invoice with shipping added in, 5 days to pay from then
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

teggacat wrote:five days after you receive the invoice from them,
first you make the order [confirm the auction win] then they
send the invoice with shipping added in, 5 days to pay from then
I actually thought it was 10 days total -- I never thought it mattered how it was split up... I've waited that long in the past just to make the order without issue (to combine wins, usually).
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

the expected payment time will be stated on the payment invoice they email you once your order is confirmed,
I think you can wait to confirm your order if you are bidding on other items from the same shop
location in order to combine shipping, which will push the payment due time off accordingly
Thanatos
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Thanatos »

Thanks for the answers.

Just a few more questions:

- Mandakare accept to put a lower value on the package when sent in order to avoid customs, right ?

- Does the fact of Paying with Paypal result in supplementar fees ?
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

I think Mandarake will put a lower value if you ask. They always mark as gift and write "used ____." I'm not 100% certain on the value thing, since people in the US don't have to worry about customs fees.

Mandarake doesn't charge you anything extra to use Paypal. They used to require you to use registered SAL (extra 400 yen) or EMS (most expensive shipping) if you used Paypal, but now they require everyone to use at least registered SAL. So if your credit card charges a foreign fee, it might be better to use Paypal.

At least, that's how mine works. If I use my credit card directly through Mandarake, I get charged a percentage fee by my cc company. If I use the same credit card through Paypal, I don't (though their exchange rate is probably worse), since Paypal is charging my card in USD and paying Mandy in JPY. It might be different depending on your cc company and country, though.
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Nene »

Mandarake should declare a low value. Been a little while since I won something from there but I've emailed them in the past just to confirm that they put no more than X value on the customs document. I got a reply once that they always put a low value but ours in the UK is terribly low and it got even lower last year, so when I buy something again I'll have to email them and check.

I've often wondered about the fee thing even with Ebay.. just for a test I chose the option on Paypal to debit my card in USD (which results in a foreign exchange rate fee). I think it worked out about the same or slightly more than Paypal's modified exchange rate. The exchange rate fee is around 3% standard here for credit cards but depends on your own rate as to which is the better value.
ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by ginga123 »

i dont think that declaration value would matter a great deal as most shipping companies put on their labeling that any package can be randomly selected for customs inspection and evaluation. over the years, i've had a couple of packages opened by customs and resealed from overseas purchases before making it to final destination. the only way i found out about it was through EMS tracking and/or Rinkya emailing me saying that if my package may be hit up for inspection, one time, and it would have neon green tape on it if it was opened.
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant