Anyone else sign up for the Big Auction yet?

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Re: Anyone else sign up for the Big Auction yet?

Post by BuraddoRun »

Sui Kune wrote:http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 0970100006

I won what I was after. :) This'll pretty much be my artwork purchase for this half of the year. It's going to be reunited with a VERY close sequence mate douga I have:

http://sui.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_i ... mID=279953

I have a similar setup going on with a just-barely mismatched cel and douga set. I don't even like calling it "mismatched" since I think they match just fine, even if it isn't exact. XD
Congratulations on your win! Pretty cool that you got a cel (or close enough to it) that you'd been wanting to match with your douga.
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Sui Kune wrote:It's going to be reunited
Congrats !!
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Congratulations Sui Kune & Buraddo on your "Big Web Auction" wins.

Both items look amazing, especially the Hotaru cel.
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by kizu »

After over an hour of bidding, my big web curse is still not cured. Though it's probably not the best Saitou cel around I still wanted it. :bawl Congrats to everyone who won. It's at this time I guess I shall look to my collection and appreciate them some more...
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Post by BuraddoRun »

kizu wrote:After over an hour of bidding, my big web curse is still not cured. Though it's probably not the best Saitou cel around I still wanted it. :bawl Congrats to everyone who won. It's at this time I guess I shall look to my collection and appreciate them some more...
Wow, that one got up there to almost $1000. I'm sorry you didn't win, but on the bright side, like you say, you do still have some great Saitou cels. And hey, you can hold on to that $900 for other cels that may pop up.
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18
kizu

Post by kizu »

Hi Buraddorun. Yeah I could save the money for another cel... But quite honestly that's what I did last time too and what many others has said before. :sweatdrop

Most of my collection was from private sales as I don't tend to do well on auction historically. At least I can say that I can still walk away from a bidding war. That's one thing worth celebrating. :cheers Oh and I did win a sequence mate and possibly the cheapest Saitou cel in my collection. A whopping 100 bucks. Really happy about that win, maybe people were sleeping or was too distracted with the big web one. :wink:
Sui Kune
Kamisama - God

Post by Sui Kune »

Oh congrats Kizu, I'm really glad to hear you got a sequence mate!! :) It's stuff like this that has me convinced that artwork tends to eventually find its way to its true "home".

Also, more power to you for walking away from a bid war. XD I admit, it can be hard for me sometimes thanks to my stereotypical redhead temper, but I'm getting a lot better at it!

kizu

Post by kizu »

Sui Kune wrote:Oh congrats Kizu, I'm really glad to hear you got a sequence mate!! :) It's stuff like this that has me convinced that artwork tends to eventually find its way to its true "home".
I'm so sorry. My poor English has caused a bit of confusion. The "sequence mate" I am talking about is to one of my other cels. That cel on the big web probably did not have a full sequence mate as I think one of the layers is a A-tome end cel. I apologize for the confusion. :bow
Sui Kune wrote:Also, more power to you for walking away from a bid war. XD I admit, it can be hard for me sometimes thanks to my stereotypical redhead temper, but I'm getting a lot better at it!
I think walking away takes some practice and it's really dependent on your collection. I notice that over the years since I am pretty happy with my collection, it's easier to just set a budget and stick to it. But I'm sure you've noticed that after all you've probably been collecting much longer than I have. :cheers
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

There were quite a few nice items this time, more closer to my collecting taste, than in previous rounds.
The 'Evangelion' Rei Opening Credit closed at a bid amount for over USD10,000.
Hopefully other members who tried out their bidding prowess, were more successful & had better luck than me.

I will admit, I very nearly broke my self-imposed non-participating rule in the BWA when I saw the 'Escaflowne' Van Closing Credit cel be made available.
The day before the auction was due to close, I emailed the Mandarake "International enquiries" asking if they could provide me with any further details/photos of this cel. Within only a couple of hours, a reply was received back which confirmed that the Escaflowne cel was rated "fair to good" by their standards. The email went on to report that two of the cels used to complete the scene were damaged along their bottom as well as to one side. Also included were some close-up & detailed photographs of the cel & the damage/wear could quite clearly be seen :(
It is disheartening to see the cels from such a recognisable scene were treated in that manner, the lack of care provided by the previous owner.

At the end of the day, with all this information taken into consideration, I decided I could not pay more than the current bid price (which by this time was sitting over JPY 73k) for a damaged cel. (Bidding eventually closed at over JPY104k).

I only hope the new owners take much better care of these cels than its previous did?
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!