Anyone else sign up for the Big Auction yet?

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Anyone else sign up for the Big Auction yet?

Post by BuraddoRun »

Going against some good advice given here by other Betamites, I just paid my entry fee. I know that I could have waited until I actually saw something I wanted to bid on before joining, but I'm pretty sure I will see something and besides, I think it'll be fun, so yeah, I'm in.

Anyone else?

And when does it actually start? 12/29? As in tomorrow, or even later tonight if we're going by Japan time?
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Anyone else sign up for the Big Auction yet?

Post by cutiebunny »

If I recall correctly, the auctions begin on January 10, Japan time. There will probably be a preview, usually of a couple days to a week, before the first auctions end.

I usually wait until after I can preview all the items available and make my choice based on that. A lot of people choose to watchlist an item and, if it is at a reasonable price, they'll then join in the hope of winning that item.
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

it looks like the auctions are all up and active right now, some even having bids already?? I don't understand how this could be if bidding doesn't start until Jan. 11 like the English site says. Various auctions show a run time of a week to two weeks. Is this referring to the end of the auction or actually the beginning of it? xP Very confusing!!
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Post by BuraddoRun »

Weird. The English site doesn't show those items yet, but the Japanese one does.
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Yeah, it's kinda tricky. You have to click on the Everyday Auction button on the main auction site, then change the drop down menu to the BWA items.
Lain
Anime Geek

Post by Lain »

:cheers Yup! it as started
And it's my first Big Web auction :bounce
:woot: :ghug: :cat
My Serial Experiments Lain Page.
I am slowly getting around to adding my lain merchandise to my flickr page and lain cel's (^.^) i own 1
And say hi to my mod happy eggy bunny :)
http://animelife.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://www.flickr.com/photos/serial_experiments_lain/ Image
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Rekka Alexiel wrote:it looks like the auctions are all up and active right now, some even having bids already?? I don't understand how this could be if bidding doesn't start until Jan. 11 like the English site says. Various auctions show a run time of a week to two weeks. Is this referring to the end of the auction or actually the beginning of it? xP Very confusing!!
Once the auctions go live on the site, you can bid on them. The 'start date' listed on the English site refers to when the first auctions end.

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I want to participate this time around. Maybe it's just me, but for a high-end January BWA auction, I was really expecting more.

(And not of the Sazae-san variety...geez...how many Sazae-san items are there this time around?!)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

cutiebunny wrote:Once the auctions go live on the site, you can bid on them. The 'start date' listed on the English site refers to when the first auctions end.
Yes, that is most confusing. Thanks for confirming that, though. :)
I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I want to participate this time around. Maybe it's just me, but for a high-end January BWA auction, I was really expecting more. (And not of the Sazae-san variety...geez...how many Sazae-san items are there this time around?!)
I know, right!? :o I usually don't ever see anything I'm interested in the BWAs but I'm always curious to see what's available. I think some Sazae-san fans will be very happy this time around. :^^:
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by kizu »

Pretty sure Kenshin fans are quite happy with this BWA. I mean so many good cels and that young Soujiro and Hiko are pretty rare. The regular cast is there complete with backgrounds - those are nice.
Sadly the Saitou cel I was waiting for is in rather poor condition with it being stuck and misaligned, has no background, no complete douga and it looks like the reg holes were cut and pasted. Not that I've not seen that before it's pretty common but I prefer it to not be that way. *sigh* But I like Saitou and so..... I'm still in. LOL... Yeah I know I'm crazy. :dgrin
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

There appear to be a couple of very attractive rough hanken genga from CCS in the BWA this time, so i'm definitely in!
The Akazukin ChaCha cel of Magical Princess Holy-Up (gotta love that name!) is very tempting too, as is the Gunslinger Girl rough hanken genga, so i might also make a modest attempt at getting those. The Rei Ayanami cel is quite nice, but will no doubt sell for a small fortune, so i'll have to content myself with being a spectator/cheerleader as far as that auction is concerned.
Sui Kune
Kamisama - God

Post by Sui Kune »

I think I'm in this time luck-willing, naughty me. XD;

I really loved looking through this time around! A great Silver Millennium (I believe?) Serenity, some amazing Evangelion, and probably the best cel of Tsubame from Kenshin I've ever seen! (I love the trivia that her character was heavily implied by Watsuki to have been based on Hotaru, once I let myself branch out into other series I'll probably want some cels of her.) I can only imagine who will win the OP Rei, like with all amazing pieces I hope it's someone with a gallery, but who knows. XD

teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

there are some cool pieces as expected,
being a Kenshin collector I was quite thrilled with
those selections, and there is an amazing Laputa
airship genga, just amazing, but...don't think I'll
even register.... :roll:
bran-chan
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by bran-chan »

I love the escaflowne cel but I have a feeling Nat will be going after it so no chance for me lol.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I'm watching those CCS hankens and Kenshin cels. Based on history of BWAs this should be a good show. Image
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Post by BuraddoRun »

You guys weren't kidding about the prices. There are some awesome pieces that are going well beyond my limit. It'll be neat to see how much they go for. I may or may not try to win one of the less-popular cels, but I may not end up with anything this 1st time around.