Mandarake Big Web Auction is live!

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Fireye
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Mandarake Big Web Auction is live!

Post by Fireye »

They also updated their auction website interface for the first time in at least a decade. Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to get the Big Web Auction items AND only Cels. Can anyone figure it out?

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/it ... o=20140410

Edit: Ah hah, figured it out. Had to click on Cel, and then use their advanced sort feature to use the "big web auction" tag. Here's the link (and hopefully it isn't an expiring one...):
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/it ... 4518ce5a3c
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Re: Mandarake Big Web Auction is live!

Post by teggacat »

Fireye wrote:They also updated their auction website interface for the first time in at least a decade. Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to get the Big Web Auction items AND only Cels. Can anyone figure it out?

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/it ... o=20140410

Edit: Ah hah, figured it out. Had to click on Cel, and then use their advanced sort feature to use the "big web auction" tag. Here's the link (and hopefully it isn't an expiring one...):
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/it ... 4518ce5a3c

Thanks for the heads up :)
gosh but the new site will take me some getting used too.................... X|
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

I do like the option to show more than 100 items to a page..... but I did prefer the list-style it was in before. It feels "crowded" to me now. I'm sure I'll get used to it. ^_^
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

It's always somewhat of a relief to not find anything I'm looking for on these pages... Especially when I have very little cash to my name for the next month and a half. ^^;; Nice redesign to the pages, too. Looks and handles much better. I think they used the same design for the NEO Auctions, too.

But...did they overwrite the Everyday Auctions, though? I keep clicking on the Everyday Auctions rather than the Big Auction...and it loads the Big Auction items... hmmm
Promethium
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Promethium »

Jeez, trying to figure out where to register for the BWA earlier today was a total pain in the butt! Looks like they fixed the "how to" directions, so it's much more clear now.

Drac - If you click on the view icons to the left of "Sort / Refine Search" you can pick whichever view you prefer. :)

Rekka - It looks like they're showing the Everyday & BWA Auctions together by default (with Everyday items listed first), but if you click on "Sort / Refine Search" and pick "big web auction" you can narrow it down to just BWA items. However, it doesn't look like you can just sort it down to Everyday items unless you click thru each store for now...? :(

Good luck to everyone who's participating. :)
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Anyone notice the following:

1) Ended items disappear from your watchlist
2) If you want to see ended items, you have to click "refine search" (or whatever it says) and then click "show all available" rather than the one that seems to indicate showing both ended and current auctions?

You can get list view back by changing the view type (I've been playing with this trying to decide which view I prefer). This is definitely going to take some getting used to. Ugh. >_<
Promethium
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Promethium »

Promethium wrote:Rekka - It looks like they're showing the Everyday & BWA Auctions together by default (with Everyday items listed first), but if you click on "Sort / Refine Search" and pick "big web auction" you can narrow it down to just BWA items. However, it doesn't look like you can just sort it down to Everyday items unless you click thru each store for now...?
Apparently other ppl are having trouble figuring this out too and are complaining, so someone posted how to narrow it down to just Everyday items on the JP board.

First you pick the category (Anime->cel in this case) Under "Sort/Refine Search" set it to...

Time ending: soonest
Sold by: All
Type: Normal (Everyday items only), Live ("Live Auction" items only), All (Everyday, LIve & BWA items)

Zero - as per 2) that "Show ended" category and its options are a total case of lost in translation. :|

Also, I really don't get the purpose of this new "Live Auction" category. A third auction category just makes things even more confusing, especially with this new website. X|
Princess Nadia
Kamisama - God

Post by Princess Nadia »

I'm slowly getting used to the new site and even liking it, but I can't help but wish they haddent timed the change with the big web auction!!!
"Don't forget to try in mind"

"Everybody likes that Michigan Rag"
ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by ginga123 »

i was also very confused at first too; so much, that i switched to Japanese and was able to figure it out on my own from there. the new search feature is great. i appreciate the advanced feature of going thru all ended auctions, backlog of at least 2 years I've searched thus far. the new site features will take some time getting used to, but I like it a lot already.
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant