Never Ordered On Mandarake Before.

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Ichigos
Otaku - Fanatic

Never Ordered On Mandarake Before.

Post by Ichigos »

Ok so I've never ordered any cels on Mandarake before but I made an account a while ago. Do they need any fees before I can start bidding on anything like SMJ has? Or can I bid on items right away?
Image Image
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Never Ordered On Mandarake Before.

Post by cutiebunny »

You can bid on "everyday" items right away. There are no fees involved with these items, other than the shipping fee from their facility to you.

You do have to pay to bid on "Big Web Auction" items. BWA comes around a couple times a year, the most recent being in June. BWA used to happen 4 times a year (Jan, April, July, Oct) but now they're holding it six times a year, so the next one should be in August (I think). To bid on BWA items, you either need to buy their catalog and then redeem the code that comes with it, or pay the 500 yen participation fee (the route most of us take). If you win a BWA item, in addition to the final price of the item, you'll also pay a 10% commission fee, in addition to shipping. When you bid, they factor in the extra fee and tell you the final amount you'll pay. If you do not win any BWA items, the 500 yen participation fee is not refunded.
Ichigos
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Ichigos »

cutiebunny wrote:You can bid on "everyday" items right away. There are no fees involved with these items, other than the shipping fee from their facility to you.

You do have to pay to bid on "Big Web Auction" items. BWA comes around a couple times a year, the most recent being in June. BWA used to happen 4 times a year (Jan, April, July, Oct) but now they're holding it six times a year, so the next one should be in August (I think). To bid on BWA items, you either need to buy their catalog and then redeem the code that comes with it, or pay the 500 yen participation fee (the route most of us take). If you win a BWA item, in addition to the final price of the item, you'll also pay a 10% commission fee, in addition to shipping. When you bid, they factor in the extra fee and tell you the final amount you'll pay. If you do not win any BWA items, the 500 yen participation fee is not refunded.
Ah Neat-o! Can you buy the participation fee during the BWA items or do you have to pay it in advance?
Image Image
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

You can buy the participation fee for a BWA during the BWA. Most people wait until an item they're interested in is about to end and then join if the item is still at a good price.
Ichigos
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Ichigos »

Awesome! Thank you very much for the info!! :D
Image Image