BWA - Bardock cel

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

BWA - Bardock cel

Post by majinuub »

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/my ... dex=302040

I didn't expect such a jump at the end but man was this a gorgeous DBZ cel :love: .

Huge congrats to the person/s who won it.

On another note, is anyone going for anything in particular/win anything they wanted in this BWA? I only wanted 1 item and was sadly outbid on it :evil: .
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: BWA - Bardock cel

Post by cutiebunny »

BWA prices always amaze me. Just when I think that I've seen the highest price ever on a cel, someone comes along and plunks down a greater amount. That Madoka hanken from Kimagure Orange Road ended at something like 3,400,000 yen. I mean, yeah, the pose and douga were drawn by Akemi Takada, but you could buy a hand-drawn Takada sketch for far less than 28K. For 28K, I'll sell mine.

I tried to win the Hiiro no Kakera sketch because I'm a fan of Yone's character design (although I loathe the HnK franchise) but lost out. Not that I'm too terribly disappointed with that ; I put the funds towards a SakuraCon charity auction win.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Didn't a lupin cel setup from Castle Of Cagliostro end up at over 8 million yen, with the exchange rate that time comes out to be at least $100k? I remember someone here edited wiki with that as the most expensive anime cel to date?

I was browsing through the ended BWA auction and saw this miyazaki hand written rough genga set:
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/it ... dex=302057
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

At this point I'm not all too surprised and the end prices of ghilbi/Coc cels these days...

@cutie - too bad you lost as I'd really love to see a better scan of that image.