First Ever Mandy Win!

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

First Ever Mandy Win!

Post by KinoLRB »

Happy to report that I just won my first mandarake auction!!! :) I can't believe I've been collecting for more than three years and have never bought from them before. Better late than never.

I received the confirmation email saying that I won the auction. Do I pay right away, or do I wait three days for an invoice, as discussed in a previous thread? I'm just a little confused, because the confirmation doesn't say anything about waiting for an invoice.

Thanks in advance for your help guys! :)
tarakatsuki
Eiyuu - Hero

Re: First Ever Mandy Win!

Post by tarakatsuki »

KinoLRB wrote:Happy to report that I just won my first mandarake auction!!! :) I can't believe I've been collecting for more than three years and have never bought from them before. Better late than never.

I received the confirmation email saying that I won the auction. Do I pay right away, or do I wait three days for an invoice, as discussed in a previous thread? I'm just a little confused, because the confirmation doesn't say anything about waiting for an invoice.

Thanks in advance for your help guys! :)
You have to wait for them to send the invoice in order to pay. It's been a while since I've won anything off of Mandarake, but I believe the first email you get, has instructions on submitting the order for the item you won, so just make sure to read it carefully and do what it says.
Trudy
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Trudy »

That cel is TOO cute! Congrats on the win. :)
Actively Collecting:
Escaflowne, Gokinjo Monogatari, Infinite Ryvius, Record of Lodoss War, Revolutionary Girl Utena
Looking for select cels from:
CardCaptor Sakura, Daria, Fushigi Yuugi, Gall Force, Gokinjo Monogatari, Gunsmith Cats, Jubei-chan the Ninja Girl, Kaito St. Tail, Magic Knight Rayearth, Oniisama E, Please Save My Earth, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Looking for production artwork from:
Ashita no Nadja, Full Metal Panic!, Juuni Kokki, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, NANA, Princess Tutu
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Thanks Trudy! :) Great cels from DC are hard to get these days. It's by far the nicest one I've ever seen on Mandarake.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Congratulations! Mandy cels aren't cheap, but they are usually special because the auction service is generally more selective about what it sells. And this one is very nice. A shame that there is some damage on the bg, but that can be cropped out as the part behind the cel looks great.
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Thank you Sensei :) I took the slight damage into account when bidding. Sadly, backgrounds are so susceptible to wear. The cel was just too nice to pass up. Plus the background is all original. Judging by the size (10x12) I believe it's from one of the movies.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Sadly it used to be common practice to attach cels directly to backgrounds with strips of celotape. Even when this can be removed, a lot of times the cel paint will stick also and cause damage. We don't want to know what some of this art went through before it got into our hands. Sometimes I've sensed cels sigh a little bit in relief when I open the box and they see they're in good hands.

But any original setup is rare and special, and yours looks sharp. You might be able to track it down if the bg has a scene/cut number in the upper right corner (not visible in the scan, unfortunately).
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

sensei wrote:Sadly it used to be common practice to attach cels directly to backgrounds with strips of celotape. Even when this can be removed, a lot of times the cel paint will stick also and cause damage. We don't want to know what some of this art went through before it got into our hands. Sometimes I've sensed cels sigh a little bit in relief when I open the box and they see they're in good hands.

But any original setup is rare and special, and yours looks sharp. You might be able to track it down if the bg has a scene/cut number in the upper right corner (not visible in the scan, unfortunately).
I know; it's a shame that countless otherwise beautiful cels have been irreparably damaged due to carelessness from both collectors and the studios. :(

I'm hoping the Episode # is on the corner of the BG. Like I said, pretty sure it's a movie cel, but it would be great to know for sure.

On a different note, still waiting for the invoice. Getting a little anxious.
sensei

Post by sensei »

The last Mandarake win I had, I got an email titled "Mandarake Auction[Successful bid notification]" that said:
Please perform the settlement payment from the list.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/my ... istEn.html

You can finish your payment at the site below:
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/my ... istEn.html

If we did not confirm your payment within your limit day for your payment, you will lose the right to obtain the items.
In addition, you will not be able to partipate our transaction in future.
As I recall, I found the item on the page, checked it, and hit a button saying something like "Order."

Then I got an email titled "MANDARAKE NAKANO - THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER":
Thank you for ordering with Mandarake Online Shop.
Your order is accepted as follows.

Invoice with the payment link will be sent within 3 days for the available item(s), shipping and handling fees.
If the item(s) you ordered is not in stock, a cancelation notice will be sent.
If you do not receive any notice after 3 days, please reply back directly to this email.
[Mandarake has several outlets, so yours may say MANDARAKE NAGOYA, SHIBUYA or some other branch.]

Then the next day I got the third email titled "MANDARAKE NAKANO - ORDER CONFIRMATION":
This is the confirmation e-mail for your order.
Please proceed with the payment link located below this e-mail.
After the payment is confirmed, we will ship out the package accordingly.
The invoice with the auction price plus the shipping cost followed, at the end of which was a link to Mandy's payment site, where I fairly quickly paid using Paypal. Three days later I got the fourth email titled "MANDARAKE NAKANO - SHIPPING NOTICE" that said:
We have shipped out your items as follows.
Package Tracking Number will be usable in 3 working days.
Plus another copy of the full invoice with shipping. The service they use is very efficient: As I recall, I had the package within three days of that last email.

Hope this helps. You probably do need to contact Mandarake at this stage to see what the holdup is if you have responded to all the previous emails as instructed. Good luck and keep us in touch.
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Sensei, thank you so much for your detailed reply. :) This really helped. I didn't realize I had to place the order before receiving an invoice.

Thanks again :) :bow
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

After much stressing about the invoice, my package arrived yesterday courtesy of DHL. I am extremely happy with how fast it was shipped and the quality of the packaging. I can't wait to order from them again!

Cel added today on RS. :)

http://celluloidcentral.rubberslug.com/ ... mID=404812
sensei

Post by sensei »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Yay bananas! Thank you Sensei! :) :) :) :)