Mandarake Big Web Auction coming up + Zenbu catalogue

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Mandarake Big Web Auction coming up + Zenbu catalogue

Post by Pomidor »

Its that time of the year again, the Big Web Auction is coming up (starts on April 7th). I recieved an email from Mandarake telling me that they are selling the Zenbu catalogue. Im thinking of buying it, it costs $25... but that includes EMS shipping and the $5 bidder fee. So I was wondering if anyone has bought it in the past. Is it at all worth buying?

Oh and I hope this Big Web Auction will be better then the last one.. I dont know... the previous one was rather dissapointing when it came to cels, hopefully this time will be better.

Pomidor
RX78GP02AGUNDAM
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RX78GP02AGUNDAM »

I live in japan, and it only costs $15...and still think its not worth it. Everything will be online, and you get every chance someone with a catalogue has. Its useful to those people who still hasn't gotten internet connection in jp.
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

I agree..I got it last time and altough it´s nice to have all the auctions are online so why pay the extra $ 20,- :)
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

Thanks for your replies ^_^

hmmm... I thought as much... oh well

I just hope that this time around there will be at least a few cels from the shows I collect... last time there were only 2 cels from Cowboy Bebop.. and thats it! They were both *ok* cels, nothing so special that I would want to pay $5 to bid (one was a face shot of Fay, B7 sequence number, and it went for about 55,000 o_O ). I couldnt find any nice cels for a while now so I have quite a sum saved up, so I really hope there will be nice cels this time around >_<

Pomidor
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

I'm getting pickier and pickier, so it is getting really hard to find something I want enough to pay $5 to bid in the web auction...plus with the added hassle now of not being able to pay through paypal (unless by some miracle paypal relented and it's all fixed now?)

So unless there are some killer amg, or noir, or evangelion cels that I can't live without, I'll just be a spectator again :)
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

There are less and less cels out there to go around so it's becoming harder to be surprised and excited. I used to be blown away by the stuff at Mandarake, but like everywhere else the quality and quality of cel stock is thinning. :(

Maybe someday cel collecting might eventually have so few high quality cels as to come out with big auction catalogs like:

"Auction for cels and skecthes from the well known [X-name collection and the X-name collection] buy this catalog if you want to participate in this historic sale. Cels from this auction will include rare cels from anime such as Cowboy Bebop and Trigun." X|
RX78GP02AGUNDAM

There weren't a lot of cels this time. The only DBZ cel I remember seeing was a SSJ Super Trunks...it was pretty nice looking.
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

RX, have you seen the catalog then? Are there Hunter x Hunter or YYH cels worth paying the 5.00 fee to be able to bid? :? Or any Yugioh sketches?

Thanks ^^

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
RX78GP02AGUNDAM

Sorry... No HxH, YYH, or YuGiOh. Oddly enough, while I was flipping through the catalogue they were ringing up my HxH and YYH cels ...HAHA. Also, I do have some Yugioh genga/douga that I was suppose to put up last week on ebay...but I forgot them in another country...sigh.

OVA Killua up for offers..hehe
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

Out of curiosity...are there any Inuyasha cels, RX? :D
RX78GP02AGUNDAM

Honestly, can't say I saw any IY for sure. Thought I did though.. What stood out were the KareKano cels. They were pretty good shots. EVAs were so-so. What stood out most were the number of AIC hankens. Thinking to myself why this crap always shows up everywhere and in hoards.
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

I know it´s off topic..but...

I love your collection RX, your Luche and Team Rocket cels are great! :)
and that Hisoka!! :bow

I really enjoyed looking through your gallery :^^:
evilminion
Senpai - Elder

Post by evilminion »

Uende wrote:I know it´s off topic..but...

I love your collection RX
And "love" doesn't begin to cover it for me. **grin** The shot of Rusche standing outside of Yohko's door and crying (:bawl), and the shirtless Hisoka (:drool :drool :drool)... well, let's just say if you're ever craving anything out of my own gallery, it would be ridiculously easy to get. :suga:

Congrats on a wonderful collection!
He who dies with the biggest mech... obviously needed a bigger mech.
http://www.evilminion.com/ - anime cel gallery
RX78GP02AGUNDAM

Thanks Uende and evilminion. Feedback is greatly appreciated. Doumo Arigatou-shousa.
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

RX78GP02AGUNDAM wrote:Honestly, can't say I saw any IY for sure. Thought I did though.. What stood out were the KareKano cels. They were pretty good shots. EVAs were so-so. What stood out most were the number of AIC hankens. Thinking to myself why this crap always shows up everywhere and in hoards.
Oh well... :roll: Thank you for answering my question though. I really appreciate it. :) I guess now I can send my money elsewhere, since they won't have any IY cels to grab my attention. :P lol I just hope that they don't have any Sailor Moon cels that I must have. :emb