Mandarake Big Web Auction coming up + Zenbu catalogue

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

Slightly OT, but I'm having a brain fart- if you're already registered to bid on their Everyday auctions, do you have to pay another fee to bid on the Zenbu stuff?
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

Yep, you have to pay 5.00 to be able to bid on anything :/

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

Unfortunately that Rei is a repro...I saw it up on Yahoo Japan 7-8 months ago, got all jazzed on how cool it was, then saw the translation that it was a repro...so I assume this one they are showing on their zenbu page is a repro too.
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

Marauder wrote:How about Evangelion? I saw an image of Rei on their catalog web ad. If that's a production cel... I certainly can't afford it ;)
There are 6 Evangelion - 3 Rei - 2 head one her sprawaled out, one of Asuka and some woman's breasts (must be at a onsen), and 2 characters who's names escape me (boys) :?

The Ayaname cels all have numbers B16, B6, C2 but no pictures of sketches. The prices start at 50,000 and end at 250,000 8O

Hope that helps :)
RX78GP02AGUNDAM
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RX78GP02AGUNDAM »

that would be misatos midsection
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Do you think there will be enough time to see what's available when they post them and then register if I see something I like?

Some of the cels I'm interested in are not popular recognizable anime so it would be better if I saw them for myself just to be sure. 8O
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

Keropi wrote:Do you think there will be enough time to see what's available when they post them and then register if I see something I like?
Previews on 4/1
Bidding starts 4/3
First ending date 4/7
Last ending date 4/11

Hope that helps :wink:
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

birdie wrote: Previews on 4/1
Bidding starts 4/3
First ending date 4/7
Last ending date 4/11

Hope that helps :wink:
That's quite helpful! Thanks! :vict
Marauder
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Marauder »

Cool, thanks Birdie! :)
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

No Problem :) Would have done scans but I'm in the middle of a couple of things. :hurt:
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

I got my Zenbu catalogue today, I added it to an order that was already being shipped to me (I only had to pay 1,500 which was nice). I didnt expect it to be so thick.. and so full of .. umm.. junk, lol. Well not junk but stuff I would never collect, like really old comics, or really old Astro Boy toys. But there is light at theend of the tunnel, as there is a few pages of cels and a few pages of original sketches/autographs. Unfortunatelly the light turns out to be a speeding train, as maybe one or two things caught my eye, and they arent even from the series I collect, and will probably go for a lot (well.. they also start at *alot*). Anyway if anyone has questions post here, and Ill try to anwser them the best I can.

As a quick note: the Eva cels are real, there are 6 (all very very nice I think, then again I dont collect EVA), the opening prices range between 35,000 and 250,000; and there is a very nice EVA colour sketch with Yoshiyuki Sadamotos autographs (opens at 250,000 o_O).
Also as I know a lot of people here collect DBZ, there is one DBZ cel. Its... umm.. trunks (or one of them) in his blue suit, with the yello hair, powering up (A1 B1 C1 sequence numbers) starting at 15,000.
There are quite a few Tenchin cel and hanken. One Noir cel, one Video Girl Ai cel, a couple Uten cels and a few very nice cels from Kakyuusei... and there a quite a bit of other series (mostly really old, like Starblazers, but a fair bit quite recent shows).

If you have any specific question post here and Ill do my best to anwser ^_^

Pomidor

(NB.. I love their english translations of the doujinshi, for example: "..in this doujishi Kazuto does some hinky bunky with Inumochi Sensei.." lovely, lol)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Pomidor wrote:There are quite a few Tenchin cel and hanken. One Noir cel, one Video Girl Ai cel, a couple Uten cels and a few very nice cels from Kakyuusei... and there a quite a bit of other series (mostly really old, like Starblazers, but a fair bit quite recent shows).

If you have any specific question post here and Ill do my best to anwser ^_^
So they have Kakyuusei cels eh? I assume you mean cels from the Kakyuusei TV series and Elf version Kakyuusei OVA and not the Kakyuusei OVA from 1995? Who are in the cels and do they "seem" to have backgrounds?

I say "seem" because sometimes they don't say that the "background" is a copy and then it turns out to be the case. :(

Do they have any Refrain Blue, Sentimental Journey, Tokimeki Memorial or To Heart cels in there? :)
Pomidor wrote: (NB.. I love their english translations of the doujinshi, for example: "..in this doujishi Kazuto does some hinky bunky with Inumochi Sensei.." lovely, lol)
Hinky bunky huh? lol :D
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

Keropi wrote:So they have Kakyuusei cels eh? I assume you mean cels from the Kakyuusei TV series and Elf version Kakyuusei OVA and not the Kakyuusei OVA from 1995? Who are in the cels and do they "seem" to have backgrounds?
Umm..you just said a bunch of things I dont know >_< lol

I have never seen (or even heard of) kakyuusei before I saw the catalogue, I meantioed them because I thought the cels look very nice. Anway I will try to anwser you questions to the best of my ability. From the drawings I would say the cels are from a more recent anime. There are 4 cels on offer and here are the descriptions:

1. Big pan cel (265x510mm) of a girl with long brown hair, a head band, in what looks like a school uniform (yellowish shirt, brownish skirt). Sequence numbers A1END B1END D1END. With matching background (not a copy) and layout genga. Starts at 40,000

2. Large pan cel (450x350mm) of a girl sitting on stairs, with brons hair braided on both sides with small blue ribbons on each braid. Sequence numbers A1B3C8END. With matching background (not a copy) and layout genga (for each layer). Starts at 60,000

3. Hanken cel for a CD, side shot of the face of the girl from the cel above (although the hair is more black here, but still braided). Background does not match. Starts at 35,000

4. Cel from a Tv comercial, shot of a girl with long bluish hair and a head band, in a red jacket shielding her eyes from the sun. Sequence number C15. Background does not match. Starts at 10,000

I hope that makes some sense, like I said I dont know anything about Kakyuusei, but if you have a link of a site which has shots fo the characters Ill be more then happy to have a look and identify the characters better.

As far as the other series:

Refrain Blue: No
Sentimental Journey: Yes, one cel of a girl with long dark blue hair, looking at a book (A11, no bg) starts at 50,000.
Tokimeki Memorial: No
To Heart: and.. yes you guessed it.. No

Pomidor
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

I was looking through the catalogue again, and there are a couple series Ishould mention as I know quite a few people here collect them:

- There are two cels from Card Captor Sakura
- 5 cels from His and Her Circumsatances (each of the main character I think)
- 2 cels from Orange Road
- 3 cels from Cutey Honey
- 3 Sailor Moon cels
- 5 moru Diver hanken cels
- Pretty Sammy hanken
- Narue's World hanken

Pomidor
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Pomidor wrote:Umm..you just said a bunch of things I dont know >_< lol
lol

Sorry...I thought I had found another fellow Elf Kakyuusei anime fan! They are pretty uncommon to find outside of Japan and gaming circles. :(

Okay here is an Elf version Kakyuusei OVA(1997-1998)/Kakyuusei TV series (1999) character page:

http://ho.ho.net/kakyuusei/characters.html

and here is one of my cel pages that has nearly all of the major characters on one page:

http://terencepage.tripod.com/pagekak1.htm

This is how the other Kakyuusei OVA (1995) looks like (English title "First Loves"). I'm not much into this one:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/FirstLo ... review.php
Pomidor wrote: 1. Big pan cel (265x510mm) of a girl with long brown hair, a head band, in what looks like a school uniform (yellowish shirt, brownish skirt). Sequence numbers A1END B1END D1END. With matching background (not a copy) and layout genga. Starts at 40,000

2. Large pan cel (450x350mm) of a girl sitting on stairs, with brons hair braided on both sides with small blue ribbons on each braid. Sequence numbers A1B3C8END. With matching background (not a copy) and layout genga (for each layer). Starts at 60,000

3. Hanken cel for a CD, side shot of the face of the girl from the cel above (although the hair is more black here, but still braided). Background does not match. Starts at 35,000

4. Cel from a Tv comercial, shot of a girl with long bluish hair and a head band, in a red jacket shielding her eyes from the sun. Sequence number C15. Background does not match. Starts at 10,000
A commercial like this?:
http://elf.mediapark.ne.jp/eng/KQ_CM_PAGE.php3

Wow expensive cels! This sould prove most interesting. ^_^
Pomidor wrote:As far as the other series:

Refrain Blue: No
Sentimental Journey: Yes, one cel of a girl with long dark blue hair,
Blue hair? Hmm..they only had black or brownish shade hair in the anime. In the Sentimental Graffiti game though the girls had all kinds of hair colors so I'm not sure what to make of this. ?^_^?
Pomidor wrote:looking at a book (A11, no bg) starts at 50,000.
Tokimeki Memorial: No
To Heart: and.. yes you guessed it.. No

Pomidor
Thanks!