Mandarake Big Web Auction coming up + Zenbu catalogue

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

I saw an inuyasha...he was getting stabbed by some guy, it looked almost movie-ish (if that is a word)...let me see if I can find the link real fast....
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 5210100001

A lot of very nice stuff...I love the pretty sammy hanken where they are in the claw game...and that gorgeous hinoto from x! And the rei's! Although I think the bandage rei is way overpriced.

Though if I had the money, I would go after the kaoru in eva 01's grip...where he is telling shinji he loves him, right before he pops off his head...priceless ;)
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat
DisturbedSaiyan
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by DisturbedSaiyan »

All those cels and not a damn thing that intersts me except maybe and I mean a very very maybe that trunks powering up. What a shame :(

Time to head back to yahoo and ebay
I would quote something but it might end up in PD's page of quotes.

Chris
Sue
Kamisama - God

Post by Sue »

[quote="Tabbykitty"]I saw an inuyasha...he was getting stabbed by some guy, it looked almost movie-ish (if that is a word)...let me see if I can find the link real fast....
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 5210100001

That is indeed from the 1st movie.

There is also a Kikyo: http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 5200100001
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

Hey, just a gosh darn second! I have the catalogue and neither of those Inuyasha cels were in it! :evil:
Echo
Senpai - Elder
Location: The tractor ridin', beer totin', shotgun firin' capital of the world..

Post by Echo »

Oooh... an Inuyasha with Menomaru.. :drool

I'm not incredibly fond of the 1st movie, but I love the baddies in it. :D
Elendil
Kamisama - God

Post by Elendil »

Anyone know what series/movie this cel is from?

https://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/ite ... 0890100001

It seems very Last Unicornish to me because the design of the eyes and the blue lines are just like a LU cel I have. I think its kind of neat.

Nikki
Echo
Senpai - Elder
Location: The tractor ridin', beer totin', shotgun firin' capital of the world..

Post by Echo »

Elendil wrote:Anyone know what series/movie this cel is from?

https://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/ite ... 0890100001

It seems very Last Unicornish to me because the design of the eyes and the blue lines are just like a LU cel I have. I think its kind of neat.

Nikki
Isn't that West Wind from Unico? I'm not sure which movie it's from though.. it's been sooo many years since I've seen it. So pretty though. *_*
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

birdie wrote:Hey, just a gosh darn second! I have the catalogue and neither of those Inuyasha cels were in it! :evil:
Yes, it would appear that there are quite a few things on the web that didnt make into the catalogue. I dont mind to be honest because Im not interested in any of them, lol, but it kind of sucks for the people that bought the catalogue and will be bidding offline (by the post or fax method). Still lots of great stuff, none of which I will win, lol.

And I would have to agree that the bandage Rei is overpriced... but I think that regardless of what it started at it would go to or above that price anyway. But the smiling Rei is sooo nice.

By the way I wonder what the ratio of overseas bidders to Japanese bidders is, does anyone know? I would assume that there are quite a lot of overseas bidders as they print a large portion of the catalogue in english.

Pomidor
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Pomidor wrote: I have never seen (or even heard of) kakyuusei before I saw the catalogue, I meantioed them because I thought the cels look very nice. Anway I will try to anwser you questions to the best of my ability. From the drawings I would say the cels are from a more recent anime. There are 4 cels on offer and here are the descriptions:

1. Big pan cel (265x510mm) of a girl with long brown hair, a head band, in what looks like a school uniform (yellowish shirt, brownish skirt). Sequence numbers A1END B1END D1END. With matching background (not a copy) and layout genga. Starts at 40,000
The Elf version Kakyuusei OVA closing credits pan cel of Mizuho went for 530,700 yen. 8O

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 9070100001

Mizuho is the main girl of the anime and game, but damn...that's a lot to pay. 8O
Anime_Krazy wrote:
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 9740100001

Never Seen the series but what a great cel
It's Yui Narusawa from Doukyuusei 2. I'm curious to see how much this one will go for. The Mizuho cel went for such a high amount that someone will probably be a bit too drained to bid on this one as well. Doukyuusei 2 and the Elf version Kakyuusei are both ren'ai gaming anime, but Mizuho has a LOT more fans than does Yui. This might prove interesting.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Pomidor wrote: Yes, it would appear that there are quite a few things on the web that didnt make into the catalogue. I dont mind to be honest because Im not interested in any of them, lol, but it kind of sucks for the people that bought the catalogue and will be bidding offline (by the post or fax method). Still lots of great stuff, none of which I will win, lol.
Pomidor
So are those the only advantages of buying the catalog?

1. That you will get to see most of the auction items a little before most of the others and maybe plan a little monetary strategy with your cel spending?

2. That by ordering a catalog you would have enough time to be able to bid through the mail?

Are there any other advantages to ordering a catalog?

And onto another subject...has anyone else received an e-mail from Mandarake about the Big Auction payment being due by January 31, 2004? :emb
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

WoW 8O I just looked at the Kakyuusei cel that you mentioned. Its nice... but still.. and that price rise had to happen within the last couple of hours because I remember looking at the cel some 10 hours before it ended and it was at a resonable price of 60,000.

Anyway regarding the Zenbu catalogue, I guess there isnt any *real* advantage to buying the catalogue, when you do buy it though the fee you have to apy to bid is already covered (although that is reflected in the price of the catalogue). So the only thing you gain for the catalogue is that you get to see the auctions beforehand, which can be a minor advantage if you have limited funds for your cel purchases and want to know beforehand if to reserve funds for the Big Web Auction or not. All in all I wouldnt buy the catalogue on itself, I got it because Mandarake was about to send me a manga shipment as the catalogue came out so they convinienty threw it in at a lower price (ie without the shipping).

Pomidor
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Pomidor wrote: 2. Large pan cel (450x350mm) of a girl sitting on stairs, with brons hair braided on both sides with small blue ribbons on each braid. Sequence numbers A1B3C8END. With matching background (not a copy) and layout genga (for each layer). Starts at 60,000
Okay this one is even nuttier. It's the Miko Kamiyama closing pan cel from the Elf version Kakyuusei OVA:

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 9080100001

670,200 yen!! Is that real or what? lol

It's almost as if two people were just messing around with this auction. :emb

I suppose the fee to bid in Mandarake Big Auctions lower the chance of this happening?
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

whats even more crazy is that there are quite a few hanken cels, from shows like Battle Athletes, that werent even bid on o_O Anyway that cel is nice, very nice even, but almost 700,000 is craaaazzzzyyyyy lol

Pomidor
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Pomidor wrote: whats even more crazy is that there are quite a few hanken cels, from shows like Battle Athletes, that werent even bid on o_O
I guess Gabriel got all the Battle Athletes hankens he wants by now? :D
Pomidor wrote: Anyway that cel is nice, very nice even, but almost 700,000 is craaaazzzzyyyyy lol
I don't remember that cel being used for anything other than the closing of the anime. It might have been used for a Kakyuusei item that I've never seen. The Kakyuusei anime and game came out a relative long time ago in anime/game terms (1997-1999) so I certainly could have missed it somewhere.

When it comes to Elf Kakyuusei closing pan cels though I would prefer an Ai-chan one myself since I prefer her to Mizuho and Miko.

Maybe next auction? I'd better keep an extra $7500 extra handy for next time. lol :D
Gabriel
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Gabriel »

I guess Gabriel got all the Battle Athletes hankens he wants by now?
Not nearly. :D But the one listed in the auction was terrible, not even worth the opening bid. I have 2000 yen production cels with more detail than that hanken had. :P
Cels are bad for you - http://gabriel.rubberslug.com