Mandarake Big Web Auction coming up + Zenbu catalogue

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Hanafubuki

Post by Hanafubuki »

Pomidor wrote:I was looking through the catalogue again, and there are a couple series Ishould mention as I know quite a few people here collect them:

- There are two cels from Card Captor Sakura

Pomidor
:love: OOoooohhh! Could you tell a bit about the CCS cels? Pretty please? :)

~Hana
sakura
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by sakura »

I just wanted to ask the same question ;)
any other CLAMP shows please ?
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

To Keropi:
Looking from your cels page, the character in the first cel is probably the one in cel k47 (4th from the top left corner). The one in the second and hird cels in the girl in cel k15 (top right hand corner). And the final cel, is exactly like the cels from the comercial link you gave, except the character is more turned toward the front. As a note I should say that the firs two cels are very *very* nice ^_^ Oh and about Sentimental Journey, I would bet that it is very dark blue hair, but it is possibel that Im colourblind, lol, and I dont think that they would make such a huge mistake as to give the wrong anime name.

To Hanafubuki and sakura:
There are two CCS cels, Im not really familiar with the show, but here are some brief descriptions;

1. Side shot of Sakura (chest up) in a golden crown, a whitish outfit with wings. Background does not match. Sequence number A4. Starts at 35,000

2. Sakura and.. umm.. her friend with black hair that always with the camera, both in kimonos (Sakura pink with flowers the other girl red) coming back from a temple fortune telling booth (background) and the other girl is reading her fortune and smiling. Sequence numbers A1END B1. Matching background and layout genge for each layer. Starting price 20,000.

Apart from that I dont think there are any other Clamp cels.

Hope that helps ^_^

Pomidor
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I just realized that the Sentimental Journey cel is probably an opening cel of Wakana-chan reading her book. Another opening cel eh? So many SJ cels up for sale/auction have been opening cels (about almost half of the 70 or so cels that I've seen from it in 2 1/2 years).

But considering how utterly crazy the bidding went at Manadarake auctions last time (sometimes 2 or 3 times the amount the cels would have gone for at YJ) I wonder how much of a chance I have at it. Wakana is my second favorite character from SJ/SG, but she is also very popular with Japanese fans so this could get REAL crazy. 8O

Thanks for your help Pomidor! I appreciate it! :yourock:
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

Keropi wrote:But considering how utterly crazy the bidding went at Manadarake auctions last time (sometimes 2 or 3 times the amount the cels would have gone for at YJ) I wonder how much of a chance I have at it. Wakana is my second favorite character from SJ/SG, but she is also very popular with Japanese fans so this could get REAL crazy. 8O
Yeah that will be the case for a lot of the cels this time around. I can tell from the cels offered now, and the previous Big Web Auction, these are in my opinion better, and just seeing how things went last time around I justknow that a lot of the cels will end up 3 or 4 times their starting value and some probably even more then that. I am interested in two items, but I know I wont win them, they will be wildly popular and I dont like them *that* much that I want to compete with utter fan(attics), lol. Because of that reason Im not too happy that I paid my 5, but I will still bid... just for the sake of it, lol.

Pomidor
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

Jeez, hearing all this is making me anxious to see what all is going to be available. Anyone want to pass along what the noir mirielle cel looks like?
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

Mirielle, is the blond girl right? If not the one Noir cel that will be sold is of the main blond girl. Anyway the cel is a front shot of her face (chest up). Sequence number is B1. Its 230x265mm and it has no background. Starts at 10,000 Hope that helps ^_^

Pomidor
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

Yep..that is Mirielle :) Thanks Pomidor! I can't wait to see what it looks like!

Thank goodness there aren't any Android 18 cels too...between the Noir and the Eva cels, it could get ugly for my wallet ;) Let alone if I succumb to the Kare Kano!
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

The EVA cels are *very* nice, at least in my opinion, but then again I dont collect EVA, lol. There are 6 cels in all.

There are three of the blue haired girl. One of those is a up front face shot from the movie (very detailed, sequence number B6, starts at 200,000). The other two are from the series, one is a up front face shot of the blue haired girl smiling (sequence number B14, stars at 150,000) and the other one is the blue haired girl in all the bandages, full body shot of her kind of lying on the floor (sequence number C2, starts at 250,000).

The next cel is of the orange haired girl sitiing behind someone, only her face is showing and only the half naked body of the other girl is showing (although the body has a scar between the breasts, you probably know what scene it is). Sequence numbers are A9END B1 C1 and it comes with a matching background and a layout genga, starts at 85,000.

The next cel is a close up of the face of some youngish guy with glasses, A6, starts at 35,000. And the last cel is another guy with grayish hair, A1END B3, starts at 50,000.

Pomidor
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

Yeah, the Eva cels get very pricey very very fast...especially of Rei (the blue haired girl). Many many sickos wanting Rei...judging from all the rather...interesting resin kits on YJ ;)

The orange haired girl/scarred girl is Asuka and Misato, when Misato is telling Asuka how she got the scar

Young guy with glasses...hard to say, but it could be one of Shinji's friends, or a young shot of his father

The grayish hair guy is probably Kaoru (I think I butchered that spelling), the last angel

*sigh* I probably won't be able to afford a single one
sakura
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by sakura »

thanks a lot Pomidor :)
I think the girl you talk about is Tomoyo.
The EVA cels seems to be really nice but tooooooooooooo pricey for my wallet :l :l :l :l
Vash
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Vash »

The Misato and Asuka at the bath would be the most wanted of me from these 6 cels, but I can´t afford a single at this time - why do the auctions have to start so soon?! X|
Further the actual Kaworu cel could be interresting as well :l

I´m *so* looking forward to the Big Web auction!
There must be some hard fights for the Rei cels :^^:
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

There will definatelly be a lot of fighting over the EVA cels (by the way there is also an original colour skech of the orange haired girl from EVA with the sig of Youshiyuki Sadamoto, that starts at 250,000 and I think will go for much more), but I can see a lot of other cels there will be figiting over, like His and Her Circumstances or Cutey Honey. Like I said I dont think I will actually win anything, because the things that I am interested in are going to be very popular and I dont like that *that* much, lol. Anyway if anyone alse has any questions regarding the catalogue feel free to post ^_^

As a side note, here are some interesting facts about this auction.

Most Expenisve item: An old Astro Boy bobble head toy on a wooden base, starting price: 1,500,000.00

Funniest Description: From a sketch of Duke Togo and autograph by Takao Saitou: "... It's Duke Togo, needless to say! He is ready to shoot a bullet between your eyebrows!!..."

I just love the exclamation marks, lol lol lol

Pomidor
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

Just a quick post for all the CCS fans, the large pan cel that is going to be offered on Mandarake, is from the same scence (or so I guess) as this cell now of YJ: http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f7064058 They wear the same outfits, and are walking away (down stair) from the fortune telling booth (its in the background) and the girl with black hair is looking at her fortune. Hope that helps ^_^

Anyway if anyone alse has any questions please feel free to ask.

Pomidor
Hanafubuki

Post by Hanafubuki »

Pomidor wrote:1. Side shot of Sakura (chest up) in a golden crown, a whitish outfit with wings. Background does not match. Sequence number A4. Starts at 35,000

Pomidor
If I remember correctly, that's a cel from the CCS Opening sequence known as "Dreaming". It sounds very drool-worthy, thanks Pomidor! :wink: