What's the deal?

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
transmet
Senpai - Elder

What's the deal?

Post by transmet »

I've won an item from the everyday auction and when I go to make payment, there seems to be no way to "choose item". I cannot proceed with payment until I somehow am able to check the item I've won. I've already e-mailed Phil at Mandrake on this, and am awating reply. Anyone else ever experience this problem?
(Am I missing something easy, and just being a moron?) :o
Last edited by transmet on Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hold On Tightly ~ Let Go Lightly
nesuferit
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by nesuferit »

I'm experiencing that too. In my case, they actually said that two bidders could have won and they were looking into it. But I don't see how that could have happened since I proxied a lot higher than what the cel ended at. They said that somehow my account info is not right and they are trying to fix it now. I can't even log in to account info to look or change it, I keep getting an error.
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

http://nepenthe.rubberslug.com
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

nesuferit wrote:I'm experiencing that too. In my case, they actually said that two bidders could have won and they were looking into it. But I don't see how that could have happened since I proxied a lot higher than what the cel ended at. They said that somehow my account info is not right and they are trying to fix it now. I can't even log in to account info to look or change it, I keep getting an error.
Yeah, I read about your case in your earlier post. Very frustrating.
I hope it works out - for both of us.
nesuferit
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by nesuferit »

transmet wrote:
nesuferit wrote:I'm experiencing that too. In my case, they actually said that two bidders could have won and they were looking into it. But I don't see how that could have happened since I proxied a lot higher than what the cel ended at. They said that somehow my account info is not right and they are trying to fix it now. I can't even log in to account info to look or change it, I keep getting an error.
Yeah, I read about your case in your earlier post. Very frustrating.
I hope it works out - for both of us.
Yeah, I was really upset. They emailed me back, after I emailed them a response, and asked for my info to try and fix my account. It just sounded like they were not happy with me in the first email they sent and that I didn't actually win.

Maybe they are having more of the same problem happen so now they know it just wasn't my account. I haven't ordered from them in over a year so I'm not sure what happened with my account, I know the last time I ordered my info. was current and it still should be :?

I just know it shows that I won in my auctions page and that I was able to bid first and I did proxy higher than what was the final bid.

duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I've never been able to choose an item until I received an email from Phil. Once I get the email confirming I won, I can log in and choose whatever. Hopefully it's something that simple. I don't know why my account is set up that way but I'm ok with it. The email has never taken more than 2 days.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

Well, I was finally able to check the item off and make a payment - now my bank records show that I've been charged twice for the exact same amount from Mandrake.
I hope they get those funds back to me asap - otherwise things are going to start getting a little tight. Not happy with this experience at all! :evil:
nesuferit
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by nesuferit »

transmet wrote:Well, I was finally able to check the item off and make a payment - now my bank records show that I've been charged twice for the exact same amount from Mandrake.
I hope they get those funds back to me asap - otherwise things are going to start getting a little tight. Not happy with this experience at all! :evil:
Ugh..I'm sorry :(
I finally resolved my issue with them, so hopefully no more problems. I'll have to make sure to double check my statement when I get it though :sweatdrop

Elendil
Kamisama - God

Post by Elendil »

transmet wrote:Well, I was finally able to check the item off and make a payment - now my bank records show that I've been charged twice for the exact same amount from Mandrake.

Last time I won a cel on the Mandarake everyday web auctions, I tried several times to pay with my credit card, and each time I was getting an error. So after numerous e-mails to Mandarake, I eventually got a call from my credit card company asking me if I had authorized 4 charges to my account for over $300!! :evil: So after an anxious wait for the people at Mandarake to get back to me (took an awfully long time) I eventually payed through Paypal.

If you payed with your credit card, I would call them right now to tell them not to let those payments go through. Otherwise it might take Mandarake a while to figure it out and do something about it.

Nikki
nesuferit
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by nesuferit »

Thankfully, Mandrake realized it was their error and not mine so I was able to get my cel :)

Now lets hope they didn't charge me multiple times :?