Entire Gallery Up for Offers

Post anime items you have for sale or trade
Maiko
Kishin - Fierce God

Entire Gallery Up for Offers

Post by Maiko »

Hello everyone,

It has been a long time. There have been some majory life-altering situations in my life over the last few years, and now with the latest situation that has just come up, I've been forced to rexamine my priorities. As much as I love cel-collecting and as much joy and friends it has given me over the years, there are some things in life that are just more important.

I know people hate doing 'offers', but I've been out of the cel collecting loop for so long now, I don't know what the current going rates are for series/characters/etc. And for the first time EVER, I'm not hiding anything in my gallery. But please do understand that certain rare gems that even though I might be willing to part with them, please understand that I still might not sell if a) I don't feel I can put just any price on it ( unless you give me some outrageous number ) or b) if I reach a goal that I have in mind by selling off less-precious cels. ( Also, the only stuff 100% off-limits is the 'Mermaid Saga' stuff, for the reason that it is currently at a friend's house 600 miles away. Everything else I have on hand )

Anyway, I will be taking offers until Friday, 12 pm noon PST. Please PM only as I no longer have access to the email addy that is linked on my RS gallery. Please understand that because this is a timely matter, payments can only be taken by paypal, and must be received no later than Wednesday, 12/26. Also, because this is a matter of needing to reach a 'goal' by a certain amount of time, I don't have time to offer people counter-offers like I have in the past, and I know there are some things in my gallery that will get offers from several people. So please make sure that any offer you send, is the absolute highest you'll be willing to pay ( and once again, please understand that there are a hanful of items that I will still be very, very, VERY hesitant to part with. )

Sorry if I left out anything else important. My mind is other places these days.

Gallery:

http://gion.rubberslug.com
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Re: Entire Gallery Up for Offers

Post by teggacat »

Maiko wrote:Hello everyone,

It has been a long time. There have been some majory life-altering situations in my life over the last few years, and now with the latest situation that has just come up, I've been forced to rexamine my priorities. As much as I love cel-collecting and as much joy and friends it has given me over the years, there are some things in life that are just more important.

I know people hate doing 'offers', but I've been out of the cel collecting loop for so long now, I don't know what the current going rates are for series/characters/etc. And for the first time EVER, I'm not hiding anything in my gallery. But please do understand that certain rare gems that even though I might be willing to part with them, please understand that I still might not sell if a) I don't feel I can put just any price on it ( unless you give me some outrageous number ) or b) if I reach a goal that I have in mind by selling off less-precious cels. ( Also, the only stuff 100% off-limits is the 'Mermaid Saga' stuff, for the reason that it is currently at a friend's house 600 miles away. Everything else I have on hand )

Anyway, I will be taking offers until Friday, 12 pm noon PST. Please PM only as I no longer have access to the email addy that is linked on my RS gallery. Please understand that because this is a timely matter, payments can only be taken by paypal, and must be received no later than Wednesday, 12/26. Also, because this is a matter of needing to reach a 'goal' by a certain amount of time, I don't have time to offer people counter-offers like I have in the past, and I know there are some things in my gallery that will get offers from several people. So please make sure that any offer you send, is the absolute highest you'll be willing to pay ( and once again, please understand that there are a hanful of items that I will still be very, very, VERY hesitant to part with. )

Sorry if I left out anything else important. My mind is other places these days.

Gallery:

http://gion.rubberslug.com

gosh but I was saddened to read all this, your gallery has been one of my favorites to visit for a
long time, best on your offer period and I hope things work out well for you.
Maiko
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Maiko »

Hi guys,

I'm just bumping this thread really quick to cut down on the amount of frustration from people I haven't been able to get back to yet.

I really don't want to rehash everything about my personal business, but I am really ill and treatment leaves me exhausted and feeling sick so I am very slowly getting back to people as I'm able. I got a lot of offers to sift through and I promise I am not intentionally ignoring anyone. I didn't expect the response I got and it's very taxing, and I'm trying to get back to everyone as I can. I'm sorry for the frustration some of you are feeling and I may just call it quits on the whole thing because I didn't want it to become a problem for others or upsetting.

My apologies once again.
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Post by BuraddoRun »

Maiko wrote:I didn't want it to become a problem for others or upsetting.
Hi Maiko,

Don't let yourself feel bad about all of this. You're obviously in a tough situation right now, so you shouldn't tax yourself more than what is necessary while you're dealing with this. If you can't reply to everyone individually, don't. If you can't or don't want to keep up with all of the offers you got, don't. Just do what you need to do and please, don't worry about us. It's good that you care enough to, well, care about our feelings enough to apologize, but honestly, you don't have anything to apologize for. I'll be praying for you, and I truly hope that you get through this and come out stronger on the other side.
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18