Does anyone here build their own computers?

Post anime items you have for sale or trade
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Does anyone here build their own computers?

Post by zerospace »

Do you build your own computer(s)? If you do, keep reading.

I have a customized computer case that I really want to get rid of, and it kills me to throw it away. It's a small form factor case (micro-ATX), and the theme is Fullmetal Alchemist. The whole case is black with red accents and has a window side panel with a transmutation circle etched on it. The solid side panel has Alphonse's seal painted on it in a nice dark red. It also has some red LED fans mounted inside, and there is NO power supply.

It is a customized Cooler Master Centurion 541 (originally black/silver, converted to black/red with the help of some paint).

If you're interested, please PM me. I'm going to try to take pics of it today. I'd love to find a new home for this thing, but if I can't find one, it's just going to have to get recycled. I hate to do it, but it's taking up space. So please, let me know if you might want it.

I have the case's original box for shipping purposes, and it'll probably cost about $20 to ship anywhere inside the USA. I doubt it can be shipped internationally, but if you really want it ... well ... ask. Maybe we can work something out.

As far as price, I'm practically willing to give it away just to see it find a home. So just contact me if you're interested and we'll work something out.
Animechaos
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Animechaos »

Toss me some pics and specs if any components are still in it. I could use another HTPC for some anime streaming. :)
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Will do ;).

It had an experimental touch-sensitive lighting system, but I'm pulling that out because it never quite worked as well as I'd wanted. Once that's out, I'll take the pics.

I also DID have a 16x2 character matrix orbital red/black LCD screen mounted in the front that used a serial pass-through, but was planning to remove that too. If you'd want it, just let me know and I'll leave it in. I don't know if you're familiar with matrix orbitals, but I used it to display system stats like CPU speed, temps, etc. I think I have the software that I used to operate it around here somewhere (I think it was called LCDC?)

Basically, I built this thing as a play-rig, and never really seriously used it. It even sported a mini watercooling unit for awhile, just for me to play with it (I used to be a mod for the case manufacturer, CoolerMaster, but that was years ago). Right now the only thing in it is an optical drive, and I'm not even certain what it is! >_< My guess would be that it's an old CD burner.

Anyways.. enough rambling, I'll take some pics for you tonight. :) Thanks for even being interested! :D
buma
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by buma »

I'd jump on it for the anime con I help run (www.kawaii-kon.org) as we can always use another case... but we're in Honolulu Hawaii and I kinda doubt that it would cost $20 to send out here... it would be a cool case for the con, however :)
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

You're probably right, buma, but I can check what it would cost to ship there. ;)
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

OK, first I just want to thank those who have posted here and/or PM'd me interested in this case. I'm really really happy that it has a chance to find a good new home.

Since a few folks have asked, I'm just going to post the pics here, and if you are still interested, please send a PM. I apologize for the not-great quality of these pics, but this case is a bit of a b***ch to photograph with my dinky little camera and insufficient lighting. You should get the idea though:

Case front - Please note that the area next to the power button & HDD activity LEDs is where I had the matrix orbital LCD screen mounted. I'll leave this part in if you want it, but I'm not giving away the matrix orbital for free, sorry. It was kinda pricey when I bought it, and I'd ask that you chip in at least $20 for it. If you don't need the matrix orbital, I will remove the mount for it.

Painted side - this is the left side of the case (panel does NOT come off) with Al's seal painted on it.

Etched window side - This is the side that was cut open and a window mounted on it with the transmutation circle etched on. See the next pic for a closer shot of the etching.

Etching closeup - Here's a closer shot of the etching so you can see the detail. I did this by hand with a dremel (the window is clear acrylic).

Inside - Here's the inside.. pretty boring. The 80mm fans mounted at the back are red LED fans with simple black mesh grills on them. There is ONE thing missing from this case and that's the extra 3.5" drive cage that sits at the bottom of the case. There is enough space for 2 5.25" devices and 2 3.5" devices in the top 4 bays.

More details: I have all the original hardware that came with this case, and it will come along with it. I have all the missing bay covers (2 3.5" and one 5.25"). I also have the rails for both 5.25" devices and 3.5" (the case uses a tool-less mounting system). There is room in the front of the case for a 120mm fan to be mounted as well. This is where I had originally mounted a mini watercooling system, hence why the extra drive cage is missing. Unfortunately, I've moved once since creating this case and the cage is missing.

I hope that's enough details for everyone! If not, feel free to post or PM with specific questions--I will do my best to answer.

I am in California, so shipping within CA or anywhere nearby shouldn't be too expensive in most cases. Buma, believe it or not, parcel post to HI is only about $20-$25 depending on the final weight of the box. I'm guestimating a weight of 15-20 pounds.
aethel
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by aethel »

holy cow that is amazing! I don't really need to build a new computer right now, but you're making me want to just to have an excuse to buy that case.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Thank you, aethel! :)

The case is currently on hold pending final arrangements. Thanks so much, everyone, for your interest! :D
buma
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by buma »

Hey again Zerospace, thanks for looking into shipping the case out to Hawaii. Ultimately I feel that although it would be an awesome centerpiece, I just can't justify the cost :)

Thanks again!