Considering offers. :3 (Updated 1/8/12)

Post anime items you have for sale or trade
malaryush

Considering offers. :3 (Updated 1/8/12)

Post by malaryush »

(UPDATE: Latest update posted down below in the thread.)

Hello there, everyone. ^^

I've been pretty out of the loop for a long time and my collection has been spending most of its time hidden in the basement. I've been waffling with the idea of opening up for offers for a long time and I think I'm ready to accept that it's time to relocate some of these babies:

http://www.users.animanga.com/malaryush/cels/cels.htm

Long-winded details:

For the moment, this is more of a "feeler" than anything. This isn't a desperation sale; I do have a specific goal I'd like to reach, so as to raise funds to buy something else, but I'll be fine if I can't raise that much. :3 On the other hand, I don't intend to close myself off to offers even if I do manage to reach that amount. More than anything, I'd like to weed out some of the cels I'm not as attached to, and let them go to people who would appreciate them more than I am right now. As such, there is no closing date for the offer period.

If no interest is expressed, I'll probably update the "for sale" page and leave it at that; it is unlikely anything will be heading to eBay. Since I'm in no rush, I'm open to putting cels on hold for people if necessary.

My website is horribly out of date; I hope to update it soon, when I will more formally open my gallery for offers and perhaps post some actual prices. That said, an "NFS" marking probably means I'm pretty unlikely to part with it, but things may have changed over the past few years. For now, feel free to express interest in anything and I'll let you know. I also have a lot of sketches and a few cels that haven't been added to the gallery, which I hope to post when I have time.

For the time being, I do not have recent/large scans of my cels. That's my present goal. I wasn't going to open for offers officially until I had some updated scans available, but I figure that if anyone's really interested in something, I can make it a priority to scan those first.

If anyone has a serious interest in buying/offering on any of my cels, feel free to contact me with the cel(s) you're interested in and I'll try to put those first in line for re-scanning. :3 I understand if nobody wants to put an actual offer down without seeing a larger scan or getting detailed information on condition. Some cels do have line fade, some are stuck to sketches, etc. I can, of course, check on all of that before you make a concrete offer.

Please bear with me if it takes a while. ^^; I've been very busy lately, I have a very large collection, and it is very disorganized. It may take me a while to find and scan a particular cel. Please let me know if you're working within a time frame and I'll do my best to accommodate or at least let you know if I can't.

And if anyone's read all (or some) of that and is still with me, please direct any contacts to guitarella@comcast.net -- please put something about cels in the subject line so I don't ignore it as spam. ^^;

I'm not sure if this matters, but I'm located in the USA and prefer to ship domestically, as I've no experience with mailing things internationally, but I might make exceptions on a case-by-case basis. I would probably be most open to payment by Paypal or personal check. I have feedback on eBay as malaryush: http://myworld.ebay.com/malaryush
Last edited by malaryush on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

Sent you an e-mail :3
You've finally fallen to the bloodlust of beasts...
malaryush

Post by malaryush »

Eek.

Firstly, thank you to everyone who has already expressed interest. I have and will continue to reply to everyone individually.

I'm starting to realize that I probably should have been much more prepared when I posted. ^^;; I thought it would be a good idea to see where interest lies before I do more sorting and scanning, but I'm finding that much of the interest is directed at cels I'm not really ready to part with.

Anyone is still welcome to contact me, but I hope you understand if I decline. Since it isn't really an issue of money for me, there are some cels that I just don't want to let go, regardless of the offer. Please don't be disappointed or offended if I decline; it isn't a judgment on your offer, it's just my sentimentality. :(

I will try to update my website as soon as I am able. I will try to add prices to all cels I would like to sell directly, and note which cels I am willing to accept offers on. I expect this will be a great deal easier than wasting your time by making you offer on things I don't want to sell.

Again, I am very sorry for the trouble and I am sorry I wasn't more prepared when I posted.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Your collection is pretty sweet. I certainly would be on board for an offer/sale period. :D
sletia
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sletia »

I e-mailed you in 2008 regarding your Phib cel - hope I'm still first in line! :O I still have the e-mail correspondence ;)
~Hellmaster-sama~
Rabid collector of the little demon
Joost
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Joost »

mmmh some nice nippon cels ^^
malaryush

Post by malaryush »

I've been working on digging up all the cels people have asked about but as I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days, I've also devoted a bit of time to updating the website.

It's a little sloppy right now, but I've updated my sales page with current information on offering, shipment, and the like. I have also updated the status for every cel on the site (at least, I don't believe I've missed any) to say whether I intend to keep the cel or if I'd like to part with it.

Once I've had a chance to actually check the condition of the cels up for offers, I may add prices to some of them.

I may change my mind on a few (as I was rather rushed on my first run through), but I hope this will make it a little easier on anyone who was interested in making an offer.

Gen1 Transformers - Optimus Prime (one of many cels tentatively up for offers)
malaryush

Post by malaryush »

Sorry, updating again. XD I hope it's not a problem.

I've sent out the first wave of scans to people who expressed interest; I still have a few cels I have yet to find, so hopefully those will go out soon. ^^;

Scanning is turning out to be much slower than I'd remembered, but I'm doing my best. I've also scanned a few other cels and I have many more waiting.

I have updated the site with information for the cels I've scanned/checked. :3 On the index, pages are marked with an asterisk (*) if I've got cels for sale/offer for which I have current scans. Individual cels are marked with an asterisk and their description includes updated information on cel condition. I hope to eventually get this done for all the cels for sale or trade, but I expect it could be a months-long process.

As I'm going through the cels directly, I've been finding a few more things I could live without, so I'm updating their status away from NFS as I find them. If you're interested in something that's currently marked NFS, you're welcome to inquire, or just keep an eye on the site and things may change with time. XD
malaryush

Re: Considering offers. :3 (Updated 5/12/11)

Post by malaryush »

Rather than create a new thread, I'll just update this one. X3

I am still open to taking offers on cels. I've decided I would really like to thin out my collection, pare it down to just my favourites. It's going to be a long process, but I'm going to keep going through things and considering what I really want to keep. I have a status listing under each cel (or at the top of the page, in the case of some pages that are all for sale/not for sale), but I will probably be updating them for a while.

I was going to scan everything I wanted to sell, but that turned out to be time-consuming and impractical, so now I'll just provided updated/large scans if requested. I will try to go through things I want to sell and update a description (line fading, sketches included/stuck, etc.), but I can hunt down specific cels if anyone is interested.

I will also try to update some actual prices when I have the time. :3 But in the meantime, I'm open to offers on everything that's listed. I have updated my "Sales" page with general information. At some point, I'll try to organize separate listings of what is for sale, but for now they're to be found on the individual series' pages. If you have any questions or would like to make any offers, just drop me a line - e-mail is fastest, but I'll also respond to PMs here.
MyBaby
Juuyaku - Executive

Re: Considering offers. :3 (Updated 1/8/12)

Post by MyBaby »

I have sent an email to you.
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

Shoot, the cels I'm in love with are not for sale :/ Story of my life. Good luck!
Marvin
Anime Geek

Post by Marvin »

During gone through your collection I found this unknow cel http://www.users.animanga.com/malaryush ... tyLady.jpg
and I think it is Elise from Anime Lady Georgie (for example http://img.webme.com/pic/n/nostalgieanime/1elise.jpg)

Good luck with your sale!