Minako from the Sailor Moon series pan cel for sale

Post anime items you have for sale or trade
LunaArt
Kishin - Fierce God

Minako from the Sailor Moon series pan cel for sale

Post by LunaArt »

Just a quick heads up . . . if you were interested in the Minako pan cel that recently sold on Yahoo! Japan and you missed out on winning a cel you wanted, I have sequence mate to this cel up for sale currently in my For Sale section for quite a bit less than the one sold on YJ. :)

Mine is one sequence later in the scene and does not come with a background. Actually no backgrounds were used for this scene since it was completely backlit with a solid bright white light (the back of my cel is painted black to block out the backlighting).

Here is a scan of my cel, if you are interested:
Asking price: $450
~Luna-Art >^.^<

Rubberslug version: http://lunaart.rubberslug.com
lunacels
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Re: Minako from the Sailor Moon series pan cel for sale

Post by lunacels »

I saw that!! I watched it just to see how high it would go. I instantly thought of you once that cel was posted on YJ...too bad, the winner could have gotten a deal!

It seems like the cel prices on YJ have been crazy, or at least unpredictable. I swear just when I think I have a handle on what SM prices are going for these days, I find I'm off (and by that, I mean sometimes off by 50-100K yen!!). And then I'll predict a battle, and it goes for a song. Is it just me, or are prices more volatile than they used to be ten years ago? Perhaps that's a function of using more auction-based transactions, rather than the dealers of ages past?
LunaArt
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: Minako from the Sailor Moon series pan cel for sale

Post by LunaArt »

They have been crazy. I would say especially in the last 2 months even, that cels have gone much higher than I ever expected. And, then there are characters that would have automatically sold in years past just sitting on eBay for weeks and weeks. I can't keep up either, lol. I guess it's just the nature of this ever evolving hobby?
~Luna-Art >^.^<

Rubberslug version: http://lunaart.rubberslug.com