For offer

Post anime items you have for sale or trade
Starfighter
Eiyuu - Hero

For offer

Post by Starfighter »

Hello beta members,

Putting up my gallery for offer. Here is my website http://moondreams.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp I have many other series besides sailor moon if your interested. I will try to respond to all offers.

Thanks starfighter
ToriPagac
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Re: For offer

Post by ToriPagac »

I Wana see what esle ya got not that i can offer right now
Starfighter
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Starfighter »

Hello tori,

Let me know which cels you want up. Also on a side note wanted to clarify that none of the cls that I own are fan cels they are all real cels.

Thank you

Starfighter
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

PM sent!

JD
:jump
Starfighter
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Starfighter »

Hello all,

Thanks for all the offers , I think the offer period is over my cels are not even worth 1/4 what I paid for them. I didn't,start this hobby to make money just thought they would at least hold their value. I hope everyone here is not mad because I'm not taking anyone's offers right now. Just because I was taking offers doesn't mean that I have forgotten who was bidding against me for certain cels and how much I paid. My cels are not fake. Think maybe this bothered me just a little considering this person was watching my auction and knows how much it went for. After being in this hobby for so long I have grown tired, must luckily will not ever buy cels again. For now will keep the memories each cels has proved to me whether it be friend, ex-friend , friememy or the like. Sorry again.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Starfighter wrote:Hello all,

Thanks for all the offers , I think the offer period is over my cels are not even worth 1/4 what I paid for them. I didn't,start this hobby to make money just thought they would at least hold their value. I hope everyone here is not mad because I'm not taking anyone's offers right now. Just because I was taking offers doesn't mean that I have forgotten who was bidding against me for certain cels and how much I paid. My cels are not fake. Think maybe this bothered me just a little considering this person was watching my auction and knows how much it went for. After being in this hobby for so long I have grown tired, must luckily will not ever buy cels again. For now will keep the memories each cels has proved to me whether it be friend, ex-friend , friememy or the like. Sorry again.
Starfighter, you shouldn't feel too badly. It seems that most cels have lost a lot of their value over the past 5 years or so (depending on the series, but some of the formerly higher valued series have lost HUGE amounts). The global recession may have forever changed the value of the artwork we all own, good or bad. It's something I've learned the hard way as well. Unfortunately, artwork is "worth" only what someone is willing to pay for it, otherwise its value seems to be mainly determined by the sentimental value we assign to it. Some cels, no matter how much they have declined in value, I will not sell at today's market prices, which means I must keep them. Others, I've sold for FAR less than what I paid. It is just the way it is. IMHO, the best thing to do is politely decline the offers if you aren't willing to sell at their offer price and move on. ;) Perhaps one day the market will rebound, but keep in mind that the newer collectors have changed the way even some of us older collectors value things, too. For example: I find myself much less willing to spend higher amounts than I did 10 years ago, for sure.

Just my 2 yen on the subject ;).
Starfighter
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Starfighter »

Aerospace ,

Thanks for the kind words, what bothers me is that some collecters think that when u sell or take offers on cels then u will take anything. I have to say in this case it's not true. I bought these cels because I liked them, it's true I have paid a lot for some of them. I asked for offers because some of these cels are just sitting in their cel books. Think some of my cels hold a lot more then value for me. This was a journey, with bumps in the road, thunder and lightening crashing between two friends. I feel bad to have taken anyone's one time. Being away from here for a few years has caused me to lose sight of what has been going on in the cel world. There is just one thing I have to say before I disappear again and maybe this time for good. NONE OF MY CELS ARE FAN CELS.

thanks again

Starfighter
ToriPagac
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by ToriPagac »

if you have a set price in mind you need to ask for it the only reason i did not offer is because i dont have it to offer some people honestly dont know what to offer no need to get mad 90 percent of rhe cels i own arent woerh what i paidits fine i like rhem i paid th eirmarket at the time value that said aside from my sm bank i havent paid triple digt for sm in like 10 years even disney is as worth a lot less then it used to be
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Starfighter,

Offer periods are tricky, you are almost never going to get back what you paid ten years ago unless someone else values that piece just as highly. Sometimes I think it is better to slap prices on the pieces you are not that attached to and see what the market will bear. But asking for offers and then getting insulted when they are low is silly.

I myself always start low and am willing to negotiate. I believe a good haggle is good for the soul, it is always more satisfying to me and I think for the seller to, to negotiate prices instead of being insulted by the first shot across the bow. Depending on the piece I am always willing to pay more within reason.

The market is all over the place these days, and prices at times ten years ago were absolutely insane. So expecting to get more than circa 2000-2001 prices is not realistic. Like I said in my response if you are willing to negotiate I am here. I have made many a successful sales with private collectors in the last few years and have paid 2001 prices for certain pieces. It does come down to the personal value for you and a potential buyer.

I also want to say you have done the offer thing 2-3 times in the last 12 months and have gotten upset each time offers were low. And as far as I know did not accept one offer. I get not being able to let go, but I would think long and hard before putting together an offer period again. At some point you become the boy who cried wolf.

Regards,
Jadeduo
Starfighter
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Starfighter »

If anyone has felt this way. Why offer as for the last 12 months I have not been collecting cels for more then 2 years nd have not posted anything within that time frame. I have been to busy with other things.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Jadeduo wrote:Starfighter,

Offer periods are tricky, you are almost never going to get back what you paid ten years ago unless someone else values that piece just as highly. Sometimes I think it is better to slap prices on the pieces you are not that attached to and see what the market will bear. But asking for offers and then getting insulted when they are low is silly.

I myself always start low and am willing to negotiate. I believe a good haggle is good for the soul, it is always more satisfying to me and I think for the seller to, to negotiate prices instead of being insulted by the first shot across the bow. Depending on the piece I am always willing to pay more within reason.

The market is all over the place these days, and prices at times ten years ago were absolutely insane. So expecting to get more than circa 2000-2001 prices is not realistic. Like I said in my response if you are willing to negotiate I am here. I have made many a successful sales with private collectors in the last few years and have paid 2001 prices for certain pieces. It does come down to the personal value for you and a potential buyer.

I also want to say you have done the offer thing 2-3 times in the last 12 months and have gotten upset each time offers were low. And as far as I know did not accept one offer. I get not being able to let go, but I would think long and hard before putting together an offer period again. At some point you become the boy who cried wolf.

Regards,
Jadeduo
Well Stated JD
[really glad you're back too :) ]
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Thanks Tegga!

Glad to be back! I've got to get off my butt and look at all the new pretties people have posted, but I am SOOO busy! Hopefully this weekend or next!

*fingers crossed*

JD
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

When we buy from fellow collectors it is one of two situations:

1) We really want the piece and have been waiting for it to become available forever. We will pay a reasonable price. This happens less often than number 2.

2) We stumble upon someone having a sale and find something interesting. We will buy it if the price is right (i.e. cheap). Most buyers seem to fall into this category.

If we like something but find the price too high (but not completely unrealistic) we will often keep it in mind for a time when we have extra money available.
Since you seem to have a price in mind, why not price your pieces and wait for the right collector to come along and buy them? It may take a while (months or years) but it might be less frustrating.
lunacels
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by lunacels »

Starfighter, I'm sorry you felt as though you were being insulted! One way of looking at it is that there must have been a few collectors who find you trustworthy enough to send money over the interwebs...that's worth something, right? (Silver lining!) I'm sorry to see you've removed most of your cels from the gallery. You have a beautiful collection.

Very interesting discussion in the thread! I usually avoid making offers because of situations exactly like this--fear of insulting the owner. It's difficult to tell what a cel is worth to someone, since "value" in these cases has a primarily subjective component.

I'm somewhat fascinated by cel collecting economics. It seems offers are a good way to test the waters to see what prices a cel might fetch on the open market. That said, when I used to sell my cels I always listed them with prices...although most negotiators will instruct you to gain the advantage by letting the other person go first, if I knew my price would be high I could at least set the expectation up front. (Probably why I am not a good negotiator!) :wink: I have to figure most cels won't sell for their last sales price anyway, particularly if it came by auction; after all, if I hadn't been willing to pay more than most everyone else at the outset, the cel wouldn't be in my collection to begin with!

At any rate, I'm glad to hear others welcoming negotiation. Otherwise this thread would scare me away from making an offer, ever!
Starfighter
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Starfighter »

Figured I would post one more time. I have been in this hobby for a long time , I have had offers on certain cels esm op/bank cel, sailor moon and mars fom ep 45 and tamahone with his ogre mark on his forehead. These collecters friends and others either know how much I paid for them and they are real or have watched the auction. I do remember who wanted which cel. I can agree I have been pretty angry about one of the offers. Sorry about this. What really bothered me is that this person was interested in bidding on this cel but decided to go for an equally nice cel from the auction instead. They talked to me about parti g with it a long while ago. This may only be conversation via Internet but it doesn't mean the person on the other end is stupid because as we all know cel collectors are smart people. Better to be honest with someone about a cel offer then to play dumb and offer a lowball offer and ask if it is a fan cel when they know it's as real as the other cel they won. I have decided to remove my gallery again maybe for good this time. Things have changed a lot since I started. I guess all my cels will stay with me, unless I put them on eBay.

Starfighter