WANT TO BUY - Nadesico cels.

Post anime items you have for sale or trade
hayama987

WANT TO BUY - Nadesico cels.

Post by hayama987 »

Hey all, I'm looking to buy rare Nadesico cels, especially opening and ending ones in good condition. If anyone has or knows someone who does I'm willing to make very strong offers.

Thanks for reading.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: WANT TO BUY - Nadesico cels.

Post by sensei »

I do not know of any collectors actively selling cels from this series, but you could explore Rubberslug, which has a Nadesico tag:

http://www.rubberslug.com/gallery/tag/Nadesico/

It's possible that you could turn up a collector whose gallery has become dormant and who might want to move some of his/her possessions. Good luck. I do know that this is a splendidly animated series and has some very avid and devoted collectors.
hayama987

Post by hayama987 »

Thanks for the reply Sensei. I've reached out to a few people there to see if they are interested and have had some luck from auctions/various dealers so far, and even a few PMs from this post. It seems like ending cels are going to be the hardest to come by and will take some patience and a big wallet.

Also your posts about storage/maintenance have been really helpful in getting started. I was thinking about setting up a gallery as well to help keep track of these and share; do you have a post or any recommendations on scanning (or is it just simply scan like anything else?)

Thanks.
Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pixel »

Hello there, Hayama.

I hope it's okay if I offer some info, though I have no MSN cels at all, I'm afraid.

If you're talking about a rubberslug gallery, I tried to set one up right at the start of my collecting, but I can't get the activation email to come through to me. I've talked to both a moderator and a webmaster there, but so far I haven't been successful in a resolution.

I'm thinking very seriously about just building my own gallery from scratch. It's just so time consuming to do it that way, and right now my collection is still just starting to build.
hayama987

Post by hayama987 »

Thanks for the info Pixel. I had the same problem just now with rubberslug, and it seems to only affect gmail addresses. I signed up for a new yahoo one and managed to get the confirmation email there.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Gmail has a very twitchy "Spam" trigger, one thing I like about it. So it's possible that you may find your automatic responses in your "Spam" or "Trash" files. I check my "Spam" every two weeks or so for gallery feedback, which always gets sent there rather than to my Inbox. Might also be found under "Promotional." I like to give gmail as my address for shopping and making payments, and use it for Paypal, so everything that comes to my regular email about how I need to change my password for security reasons is immediately self-identified as a scam.

But yeah there are problems with using it with Rubberslug. You can't believe how many spammers try to register for Beta with gmail addys too.
Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pixel »

I realized that might happen, and have checked my junk folders several times. Never saw the email. I tried from att.net (which used to go through yahoo), and from aim.com . I never got an email either place. I don't know what the deal is.

I mean, I know this forum is not for RS support, I just didn't want Hayama to be caught off guard by problems over there, like I was.

Maybe RS just doesn't like me for some reason. *shrugs*
Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pixel »

UPDATE: For the heck of it I tried logging in at RS, and it I guess my account is active there now. If whomever fixed it is listening, thank you so much. :)
sensei

Post by sensei »

Jason (the RS deity of creation and maintenance) is a Beta member and occasionally drops by to see what's up.

Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pixel »

I contacted Jason via email and didn't hear back directly. In any case it's fixed now, which is the main thing and if you're still reading this Jason *thumbs up* :D