Get well, Baakay!

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Get well, Baakay!

Post by kymaera »

Earlier this morning, Baakay was on her way to work when she was the subject of a savage and unprovoked attack by a rogue sidewalk crack. The perpetrator threw her hard to the ground, causing her to injure her ankle in the process. Luckily, the assailant did not continue its attack, so she suffered no further injuries. After treatment at urgent care, it was found that she had not suffered any broken bones in this vicious assault, only a severely sprained ankle. She has been on crutches and recuperating in the care of her family today.

Family and friends are asking that you help us in tracking down the foul villain that executed this hate crime. If you have any knowledge of this crime, please call the Baakay help line at 1-800-OOPS-DAMMIT. All tips will be kept confidential and your name will not be released.

Here is a police generated composite sketch of this heinous criminal:

And this is a re-enactment of the crime according to eyewitness reports:

We thank you in advance for your help in bringing this foul miscreant to justice!

(In all seriousness, she's sore and hurting, so I hope she gets well soon!)
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Ahhh, kymaera even knows how to make injury fun. :)

I hope your aches and pains go away quickly, Kay! (Don't leave, ky...I wasn't talking to you! ;)) I'm sorry the sidewalk decided to strike when you weren't ready for it. Prop up your feet and have your family wait on you for awhile. That'll be a pleasant start for your recovery anyway! :friends:
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

Thank you so much for letting us know! I ganna email to her (she has not been in bet alately.... :( :( )
Cats rule!
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

That's what she gets for going out without her protective plastic bubble that is to keep her from being exposed to any germs before NDK this year.

In all seriousness , I'm glad that she only has minor (unless they happen to you) injures and wish her a speedy recovery. /kis2
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Oh I get it. a beautiful and solid cat and knows it for she spends a nice chunk of the day sitting infront of the mirrored doors of our closet admiring herself gets for going out without her protective plastic bubble that is to keep her from being exposed to any germs before NDK this year THAT.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Get well soon, Baakay!! *gloms*
This post brought to you by The Power of Plastik.

sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Yipes! Kurotadori strikes again! I'm sorry to hear this and hope that your bruises and twists heal up as quickly as my wife's. You might try her trick of making yourself feel better real quickly: sell the house you're in and buy another about 250 miles away.

Meanwhile I brought an anime character to sneeze on you. That's supposed to be a quick and easy way of communicating the character's inherent superpowers so the next time this happens, you can just switch into henshin mode and fly gracefully over the crack.

Oops ... it's Karin from Tonde Buurin. Well ... at least the thought was a kind one.

Rest up and feel better soon!
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Hey there...

You know, the Wunderkind told me something about not living this one down, last night just about the time I was running out of steam. My Dungeon of Anime (and dollz) is many things, but comfortably equipped for sitting with one's appendage propped up and iced is not one of those things.

So when I opened the mail this morning and found several nice messages about the post on Beta I was "huh? whaaa?" Thanks, all! Appendage is already a little less puffy this morning, though still very tender.

I love the composite sketch :D And actually, you know... that animation isn't all that far from how it looked...

Here was my rendition of it, in a note to Aernath and Hobbywhelmed:

Guess who fell down went boom on her way to work this morning? I was quite literally just outside the door of the library when my toe caught in a sidewalk crack and down I went. It probably was what, five seconds total?? but it seemed longer.

Catch toe, lose balance.
"Uh oh, I hope I'm not going to fall."
body takes a few frantic flapping steps in an attempt to make the save.
"Not gonna happen, is it. Boy I hope I don't hit that kneecap."
face comes closer to ground... I toss the lunch bag to one side and the purse to the other and attempt to twist/roll...

I'm seriously weirded out by this, in retrospect, because all these things actually did go through my head, and I did consciously try to soften the blow, as it were, by landing on my hip/bewtocks. which is a nicely padded area. Skun my left knee and elbow and my hand just a bit, rolled and klunked the back of my head into the concrete, fortunately not even hard enough to produce an ow.

What was I most distressed about? My damn SKIRT flipped halfway up my body, exposing said large and well padded bewtocks (fortunantely, only to one person and she was a girl). So my immediate concern and injury was to my dignity, and the first thing I did was hastily flip that skirt down.

And then I stood up!

Ow.

And then I continued with the saga of telling the urgent care people that I did not want to go through Worker's Comp red tape and would they please just LOG ME IN and get me an xray!! "Want me to pay up front? Here's my card!"

Aernath's wonderful response?

Short trip to the concrete: Five seconds
Even shorter trip to indignity: Skirt flip
Using MasterCard to cut through the red tape: Priceless.

But Cloud... what's this about a sollid cat? O_o
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I don't want to spoil it for you.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Cloud wrote:I don't want to spoil it for you.
Thank you, dear, that's very considerate of you :)
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

Glad to hear it's doing a little better. :)
I don't want to have to push you around in a stroller at NDK.
That's for the dolls. :wink:
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by kizu »

LOL... For a while there you kind of got me...

A little late but looks like baakay's gotten better so... :hello
My Cel & Sketch Gallery: http://hajimenokizu.com
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

aernath wrote:I don't want to have to push you around in a stroller at NDK.
But you still have to wipe her face when she drools or spits up on herself.

:drool
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

get well, baakay!

i thought the drooling only came over certain bishies or dolls.
SME
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by SME »

Oh my, glad to hear you are doing better Baakay! Darn that crack! 8O :P

kymaera, what a detailed story! I liked it, especially with the .gif of chibi Kurumi! classic!
  • "If us girls can't be strong, then we can't protect the boys we love." - Naoko Takeuchi
  • "Anyone who sees me has a date with his maker." - Shinigami
  • "WHAT!??! Men in pink!? How bizarre!" - Vegeta
  • This message has been approved by Welcome Consumer...got questions? She's got answers. :P